Poll: enough content in 5.1?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

does 5.1 have enough content for a "major patch"?

just wondering what people think, personally I was hoping for dungeons and other things, but do you think there is enough in this patch to tide people over till 5.2? or no?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering i havent even finished 90% of the stuff in 5.0, I'd say im even a bit overwhelmed atm. Working on heroics etc. If you all you do is run, dungeons or bgs. Thats well...kinda your fault, by not expanding your gameplay.

The upgradeing alone is going to tide me over.

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    The upgradeing alone is going to tide me over.
    yeah, very glad I can upgrade weapons and trinkets, even if some people are qq'ing that they have to grind valor for so long (would people rather NOT have the option?)

I dont think 5.1 was ever considered "a major patch" ? For it to be major, it has to contain new raids, dungeons and such if I remember correctly.

Sorry 5.1 is not a major patch. They're not gonna be releasing more patches each being "major"....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    yeah, very glad I can upgrade weapons and trinkets, even if some people are qq'ing that they have to grind valor for so long (would people rather NOT have the option?)
    Honestly yes, all it does is cause a giant headache.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    I dont think 5.1 was ever considered "a major patch" ? For it to be major, it has to contain new raids, dungeons and such if I remember correctly.
    Most Vanilla major patches had no raid. We even had a major patch in BC that only added the lolVoice Chat.
    Last edited by Thyranne; 2012-12-13 at 06:17 PM.

Deleted
    I like the new blizz approach, give us a> Whats finished and B> What the game needs. they could have rushed in some more but i'd like to see future things more polished, while some of us have finished dailies from 5.0 alot havent.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Better than 4.1 and 2.2 (or whatever the voice chat one was).

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Sayier View Post
    Honestly yes, all it does is cause a giant headache.
    but a bigger headache = not being able to progress cause of loot rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Moradim View Post
    just wondering what people think, personally I was hoping for dungeons and other things, but do you think there is enough in this patch to tide people over till 5.2? or no?
    Can't answer that without knowing when 5.2 comes out.

They said somewhere 2 months for this type, and I think it was 4 months for raid type. So 2 months for whatever is next, looks like the plan.

Plus 5.2 info "soon".

I like the story over time Shieldwall setup. That kind of setup can be tied into anything really, and cross over several patches.

as long as 5.2 isnt in june, or something equally dumb, i'll be happy.

Yes. While certainly not a massive patch, it certainly has enough content to warrant the major patch label.

Blizzard has gone back and forth on what actually constitutes a major patch, in WotLK it had to include a new raid tier. This resulted in one or two minor patches that would of easily been classed as major patches had they been released during vanilla or BC, both of which had a very low threshold on the subject (arguably too low considering that weather effects and voice chat both got major patches to themselves).
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

5.2 Patch

Thunder King Raid (ulduar size)

Release date: Late Feb / Early March 2013

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy View Post
    They said somewhere 2 months for this type, and I think it was 4 months for raid type. So 2 months for whatever is next, looks like the plan.
    This depends on whether the 2/4 month thing was meant from launch or from the last patch.

So that "4 months" could, and probably does, mean 6 months from launch. 2 months for mini content patch, 4 more months for major content patch.

Late February / early March at the very earliest for 5.2, I'm thinking. Late March / early April more likely.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Deleted
    i think it was a minor patch, a good patch but i think major patches should have a raid. but so far it looks like blizzard is keeping their promise of quicker patches. they say they will have info on 5.2 soon, so its nice to see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Major Patch doesn't have to include a raid, In Vanilla we got major patches with just new features & sections.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    5.2 Patch

Thunder King Raid (ulduar size)

Release date: Late Feb / Early March 2013
    I really hope they put some effort into it, terrace doesnt even qualify as a raid imo, its just a long hallway with bosses, hell, one boss (tsulong) uses the SAME PLATFORM/AREA as the boss before it.

the ulduar name gets thrown around a lot, as one of my favorite raids, I hope blizzard means it when they are making a raid of that caliber.