Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    One of the reasons I prefer GW2 PvP more then WoW. WoW is just way too unbalanced, still fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by drulis View Post
    so you would be fine if a new dinged char would have the same gear as you instantly? any game with gear has to revolve around gear aswell
    In Guild Wars, a game with stellar competitive PvP and the playerbase to match, this was exactly the case. Actually, a lot of the time, people had that gear before they reached the level cap.

Skill should be more important than grind, and certainly more important than the skills on your hotbars.

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    One of the reasons I prefer GW2 PvP more then WoW. WoW is just way too unbalanced, still fun though.
    GW2 PvP isn't that great either, especially compared to what ArenaNet made for Guild Wars and Guild Wars: Factions.

The over-importance of gear and general class imbalance is why WoW will never be an e-sport game. But Blizzard keeps pushing the notion that WoW is e-sport capable by hosting all these arena tournaments.

What's strange is that they came out and admitted that Diablo 3 will never be e-sport capable, but don't admit it for WoW, even though both games are primarily PVE gear treadmills.

1) Stop blaming everything on GC just because he's the only dev whose name you know. Hundreds of people work on WoW, GC doesn't control everything. You're just painting yourself as an irrational hater.

2) They released a new expansion where they radically changed the whole talent system and now PVP is broken? Wow, stop the presses!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    1) Stop blaming everything on GC just because he's the only dev whose name you know. Hundreds of people work on WoW, GC doesn't control everything. You're just painting yourself as an irrational hater.

2) They released a new expansion where they radically changed the whole talent system and now PVP is broken? Wow, stop the presses!
    He is in charge of all class balance in the game. Even though there may be hundreds of people, all balance decisions go through him. So it's not like people are blaming the wrong person.

Nobody asked for the talent overhaul. Every expansion I hunger for new stuff like content and monsters etc, not to gut my favorite classes wasting my time and their resources. Bugfixing talents sure, but not gutting, not welcome or necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    The over-importance of gear and general class imbalance is why WoW will never be an e-sport game. But Blizzard keeps pushing the notion that WoW is e-sport capable by hosting all these arena tournaments.

What's strange is that they came out and admitted that Diablo 3 will never be e-sport capable, but don't admit it for WoW, even though both games are primarily PVE gear treadmills.
    They said they never intended WoW to be an e-sport and I think that's pretty obvious.

The reason WoW is an e-sport to any degree is simply because it's such a popular game.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 01:57 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    Nobody asked for the talent overhaul. Every expansion I hunger for new stuff like content and monsters etc, not to gut my favorite classes wasting my time and their resources. Bugfixing talents sure, but not gutting, not welcome or necessary.
    Would you like them to never change the talents? Here's the original ones:

http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?cat...ents.View.Beta

Personally I think the MoP talent changes have been the best thing for balance since the game was created. Yes PVP is broken at the moment but it always is at the start of an expansion. WoW is a PVE game with PVP added as an afterthought anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

GC is about as good at balancing PvP as I am at developing games. That is to say that I'm able to short circuit the computer and make it catch fire in my attempt to do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

You can't balance Rock, Paper, Scissors. It's impossible. If you want balanced PvP, go play Ultima Online where every talent is available to every toon. Skill-point based games are inherently more balanced than Class-based games like Warcraft.

As many have said, putting all CC on the same DR would be a step in the right direction, but you'd still be left with an imbalanced game.

Deleted
    I miss my rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    He is in charge of all class balance in the game. Even though there may be hundreds of people, all balance decisions go through him. So it's not like people are blaming the wrong person.
    they are though. the person to blame is kalgan. that "fackler" idiot has been screwing everything up since 2007. get rid of him! once he is gone gc and all the rest of blizz will do their job right.

Quote Originally Posted by wxcopy View Post
    I like how you represent your opinion as belonging to the entire playerbase.

The old talent trees were pretty flawed. Everyone who spent five minutes doing research ran the same general build, give or take a few points here and there depending on their level of progression. I don't personally think talents like Critical Mass (+2/4/6% crit) or Fire Power (+2/4/6/8/10% damage) were necessary or interesting - I want something more interesting than "you do more damage" as a reward for leveling up. I could see an argument saying that the old talent trees were good for weeding out people who didn't know what they were doing, but that's always been doable by inspecting gear/enchantments/gems (and, to a point, glyphs).

Also, lol, wand specialization.

Really, the best way the old talent trees would have worked would be something like Skyrim did - a pretty obvious path that you go through and pick up almost everything, with only a couple boring talents at the beginning of the trees (we're going to assume that you have good reason to ignore certain trees even when not min-maxing, as you did in that game). The way they were implemented was nothing like that - they were a bit of a mess, largely filler, and a potential trap for new players. Further, Blizzard realized a few expansions ago that the talent trees were also a design trap - they couldn't keep adding new talents at the end of the trees and give players more talent points without running into some major power creep.

The talent trees were changed every expansion for everyone. The purpose of this is to provide a major overhaul to outdated or poorly implemented class mechanics based on player feedback and developer vision. I don't see why you don't look forward to it - it's not exactly a surprise when it happens, and I definitely don't want to deal with the same talents every expansion.

Deleted
    GC shouldn't be in charge of anything.

Deleted
    He only said what any sane person would say in his stead.
    Blizzard is a company, a company wants to make as much money as they can,
    how will they accomplish that the most ? --> Gear progression ~= result progression

Otherwise there would be alot less incentive to (keep) playing.
    Its simple and obvious, not saying its the way i want it, but im not
    going to be an ignorant kid about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    They released a new expansion where they radically changed the whole talent system and now PVP is broken? Wow, stop the presses!
    Not sure what game you've been playing but PvP has been broken since the start of Cata.. Like 2 years?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RAoVSnyth View Post
    Question:
    "13 pages and counting. Peoples' opinion is clear. Now it's your turn! I'd appreciate reading, atleast OP."
    Answer:
    "I read that forum regularly. Ultimately, we want WoW PvP to be about skill and gear and not just skill. We can tweak numbers but we like the feature." ~Ghostcrawler

Am I the only one who thinks the bolded part is just the dumbest thing he has ever said regarding the PvP at it's current state. I would rather have a PvP system built around skill not gear...
    I wish there was 1 set of PvP armor and thats it. Once you get all your deadly gear that should be it. then everyone would be on a level playing field and things could be changed and addressed alot quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    I wish there was 1 set of PvP armor and thats it. Once you get all your deadly gear that should be it. then everyone would be on a level playing field and things could be changed and addressed alot quicker.
    Indeed, then let the arena gear be vanity only. Just as Challenge Mode gear is now, so everyone would get their basic PvP gear fast, then reach higher ratings in Arena and get a realy awesome looking PvP vanity set with cool visuals.
    This would solve the gear issue atleast, and you'd progress your char with gaining the cool looking sets from rated PvP.

I don't see a reason they dont do this, I honestly believe that the PvPers that PvP for the whole reason of the challenge would love this. And then the people who only PvP to get their shiny epixx, could go back to PvE.

And to you posting the old talents, bring back weapon specialization! Was so much fun being a Combat Mace rogue with 2x Adrenalin Rush :] And warrior getting a bunch of Sword Specialization procs x]
    Ofc.. the random mace stun could turn a fight right around and was way to RNG based, but it was fun :P
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippoflames View Post
    Could you post the link please chap?

And I agree Ghostcrawler gets right on my nerves about pvp, The only way to ever make it fair is to make gear a non issue, say rated 3v3 arena and rated bg you can have a pvp set that you can reforge/gem to how you like using your own gold etc in the equip manager tab and it stays the same the whole expansion (end of season it gets upgraded to the new ilvl) normal bgs/2v2/5v5 you can wear what you like including the pre set gear but this is what makes pvp a level playing field in the rated section.
    Now you can use honor/conquest points for other things that people like.. Mounts, Tabards and pets etc

PVE spells and PVP spells HAVE to be seperated..Make balance so much easier, GC really seems to think everyone is too thick to understand you hit non player mobs for 20k and players for 10k...It really is not that hard.
    Awesome idea, but that involves a lot more devs than just GC.
    Honestly if it wasn't for the gear a lot of teams would have kicked the bucket, my partner is only still going since he knows the conquest weapon will raise his damage and he'll manage to contribute more.
    If all we had to spend cp and hp on was mounts and such... It would be much, much worse than the QQ about jp being worthless.

This is kinda why i like the arena pass, they could change balance since its a different server and it's only purpose is pvp, as for live servers i would rather it stick to how it is now, gear gives you a sense of progression and if that's the case i would end up doing something else that has a false sense of achievement, because lets face it people who suck so much they don't reach decent ratings but with the gear they at least feel accomplished.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the problem is that gear matter too much. It's just annoying, even with the crafted pvp gear, to have to do 15 hours of BG's before you can even be competetive vs half the other faction. I like gear progression in PvP, I just dislike the honor grind...

Worst part is grinding out 5's or LFR for weapons..least they could do is 463 or 460 weapon for honor, but nooooo that could hurt PVE!!! (

I don't like the way he talks about class balance at all. He could at least attempt to make it look like he cares about quickly dealing with imbalances.

Since your plan is to make heals coming from non heal specs less effective how will you compensate enhancment shaman in pvp?

It's intended to be a nerf not a balance agnostic change.
    It's answers like that that make me irate. Does he even know the state of many of the hybrid classes that are going to take a hit from this? Granted, some big offenders are going to be much less potent; however, why would he advocate for the fix that causes collateral damage to every hybrid?

You realize by nerfing Gag Order you forcing the pvp cookie cutter specs to return, I thought MoP meant more choice, not less!
    Last I looked, most warriors in PvP are using Gag Order, Second Wind and Avatar. I expect we'll see more diversity now.

GC is absolutely right. Gag order is stupid and takes no skill. Juking casts?
    I actually think Gag Order does take skill, but we just want warriors to be more about mobility and less about range.

If all Warriors pick the same talent, its not an indication that its too strong, its an indication other choices are too weak.
    By that logic if one talent does 1M damage, we need to buff the others? Gross simplification, but DKs and paladin have less mobility but more ranged attacks.
    His answers here were pretty annoying too. Warriors have been pretty over the top, but this is a gross oversimplification of warrior issues as a whole. The biggest problem is cooldown stacking and potentially enormous TfB Heroic Strikes. He would rather just weaken the class than hit it where it's bad. Warrior burst will continue to be an issue as long as Recklessness, Skull Banner, and Avatar can all be stacked as 3min+ CDs. If he wants to see more build diversity - buff Bladestorm and Dragon Roar, make Bloodbath more useful in PvP, and make Storm Bolt a lower CD ability. In doing so we might see less Warriors taking Shockwave and Avatar and instead perhaps seeing them take Bladestorm and Storm Bolt. However, GC's answers to the questions above indicate that he thinks the other abilities on the 90 tier are fine. I don't think we'll be seeing either of those abilities coming from high-end PvP warriors any time this season.

What I'd like to see is a more visible balance team that talks with us about game design decisions. Not GC, the guy who answers half of a question while ignoring the most important part and likes to make irate people look stupid by pointing out minor flaws in their arguments. He is not an approachable balance designer.
    Last edited by Deoxysprime; 2012-11-26 at 12:46 PM.