Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nat Pagle rep is virtually impossible and ultimately pointless

You know, if you get "The Insane" title, at least you can go around bragging your total waste of time by having The Insane title next to your name.

However, I don't understand the point of making Nat Pagle rep almost impossible to farm. I spent 5 hours yesterday out of pure masochism fishing pools around Krasarang to see what the drop rate for the quest fish was, and I didn't manage to get a single one.

At this rate I expect to reach exalted with him by the year 3752, give or take a few centuries.

And for what, for 75 more fishing from your lure? This is ridiculous and ultimately pointless. I can fish Jewel Danio without 825 fishing just fine.

If by 25days of 1h fishing takes you to the year 3752 well... that's amazing

It's nice with long grinds that are optional for most people but nice for completionists

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    You know, if you get "The Insane" title, at least you can go around bragging your total waste of time by having The Insane title next to your name.

However, I don't understand the point of making Nat Pagle rep almost impossible to farm. I spent 5 hours yesterday out of pure masochism fishing pools around Krasarang to see what the drop rate for the quest fish was, and I didn't manage to get a single one.

At this rate I expect to reach exalted with him by the year 3752, give or take a few centuries.

And for what, for 75 more fishing from your lure? This is ridiculous and ultimately pointless. I can fish Jewel Danio without 825 fishing just fine.
    Wait, you fished in pools? They don't drop in pools, only open water. And the drop rate is 1%.

http://www.elsanglin.com/

For your fishing needs.

As for the time spent fishing these, it's not all lost. Just turn the fish into tokens and you progress your cooking skills quite nicely.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-11-24 at 05:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there's also the fishing book for your alts. (woo?)

I don't like it either, but at the same time I'm glad it's pointless because it means I won't feel bad for not doing it. Doesn't count towards rep, doesn't reward anything nice.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 12:37 PM ----------

I spent 5 hours yesterday out of pure masochism fishing pools around Krasarang to see what the drop rate for the quest fish was, and I didn't manage to get a single one.
    If you really did fish in pools, you won't see any. >.> They only drop in open water.

If it's both difficult and pointless, then why is it a problem? It's a difficult thing to do that just rewards a few little vanity items. It's not the first time WoW has seen that, and it won't be the last. Those who want to collect everything can, the rest of us won't be at a disadvantage for opting not to.

Well fml then it means it's an even greater waste of time since if you fish in pools you can at least get the specific fish you need for cooking, fishing in open water = whatever.

Anyway, utterly pointless rep to grind, don't understand its existence or way to go about it.

don't do it then , no one is forcing you to get the title

Well fml then it means it's an even greater waste of time since if you fish in pools you can at least get the specific fish you need for cooking, fishing in open water = whatever.

Anyway, utterly pointless rep to grind, don't understand its existence or way to go about it.
    It's for people that want the items they can buy at exalted, it's for people that enjoy fishing, its for people that like to grind reps no matter how long they take, it's optional, If you don't enjoy it, then don't do it, not everything in this game has to be suited to everyone elses sense of enjoyment, thats why so many different types of player...play.

Also wowhead and google are your friend, if you don't understand how to go about something, look it up, then you wouldn't have *wasted* your time fishing from pools and instead may have caught the fish needed and we wouldn't have this thread... :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Pointless you say, talk to my sweet hat and chair hater
    Nat mails you this sweet chair @ exalted, but this rep doesn't seem to be for you since you don't even seem to enjoy fishing.
    Last edited by soulyouth; 2012-11-24 at 05:57 PM.
    Sig by Safhira

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    don't do it then , no one is forcing you to get the title
    There's a title? I thought it was just a totally sweet hat, chair and bragging rights that your mates with the coolest mother fucker in all of WoW. On a serious note though it's not obligatory and it's aimed at people that enjoy fishing enough to want to do it. Ever since they removed the old artisan quest there has been a lack of seriously niche (which is what the entire fishing profession is) fishing goodness, this fills the void quite well.

As you say fishing is for the masochists, you wouldn't expect Nat Pagle to hang around with pussies now would you?

Deleted
    I've got 3 days left of catching the 3 fish till exalted with Nat, I only want the achievement and the hat.

So far I've managed to complete various other achievements for free while simply standing about fishing, indeed not the most interesting achievement out there but the cash returns for a stack of fish are very nice indeed.

Oh and I only really play casually these days, few hours here and there.

Blizzard are making the rep even easier to farm come 5.1, already the insane title dont mean anything so come 5.1 it'll mean even less as will rep with dear ole Nat.

Happy Fishing!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    Pointless you say, talk to my sweet hat and chair hater
    Nat mails you this sweet chair @ exalted, but this rep doesn't seem to be for you since you don't even seem to enjoy fishing.
    damn did not know about this... must.. fish.. more..

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny thing about the insane title. If you play on an rp server and use an rp addon, you can give yourself whatever title you want.

I called my goblin priest 'The Insane Gypsy Fortune Teller', which trumps the insane!
    #boycottchina

If you think it's pointless then don't do it. That's what dailies are for. You do them if you like the rewards of find it fun. You however don't so I don't see why you're complaining.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lundmark View Post
    If by 25days of 1h fishing takes you to the year 3752 well... that's amazing

It's nice with long grinds that are optional for most people but nice for completionists
    Didnt get one of the fish today after 2 hours of fishing.

People wanted these kinds of punishing rep grinds put in, because some people like that kind of thing to work towards... not all content is designed around you

Well, having finished it about 2 weeks ago, I would say it was a long grind I enjoyed. Sure it was quite frustrating when you can't even get one of the fish after 400 or so casts, but the 1% drop chance, about 300 casts per day seems about right.
    On the plus side, I managed to get enough fish for around 6-8 ironpaw tokens every day which helped a lot towards getting my Nomi (which I just completed yesterday)

Last time I checked, Exalted with Nat Pagle still counts as a reputation towards your 70 exalted reps achievement, even though it's a "friendship" reputation like the tillers reps are, yet those dont count.

Unless they fixed Nat's rep to not count.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

OP, you should use Wowhead before heading out on an adventure. You wasted a lot of time fishing in pools.

This achievement is for completionists, however this one isn't that bad. I'm halfway to best friend without even really trying.

If you're not a completionist (which is sounds like you're not), QQing won't make you understand it any better. Just don't do the achievement, and move on to something you understand/want to do.
    Last edited by ablib; 2012-11-24 at 08:19 PM.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/faction=1358#comments:id=1751850

Place to fish that will net you 2 of the 3 needed fish. Only 1 can be caught in fresh water in Krasarang and NOT in pools. One is a coastal fish. The last is out in Kunlai.

Don't come here to bitch about something you obviously put no thought/research into. I'm sure you wouldn't jump into Insane in the Membrane without at least a little google-fu
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.