Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    There are large groups of roma there. My family is from a roma/jewish background and they got the hell out of what is now Romania in 1900
    More like was. The "migrant" roma population left for other european countries, same as romanian ethnic from some communities (to work in Spain, Italy, etc..). A lot of romanian roma or romanian jews left Romania from 1890-1930ish, before WW2. More just before, our interbelic period was a very good one, lots of culture, modern lifestyle and so on, very "european" or french if you can call it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celltrex View Post
    You've been to the wrong cities.
    Oh, but I find every big cities ugly, so I'm pretty sure even the "good" cities would have felt the same for me .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Oh, but I find every big cities ugly, so I'm pretty sure even the "good" cities would have felt the same for me .
    Oh come on. Don't tell me you'd hate to visit a place like this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ysilla View Post
    Or try Cluj-Napoca. It has almost everything. Old medieval houses in the center, pubs at the lower levels, Somes canals on some streets and a bigger one along two wider roads that go for about half the city, Botanic Garden once you start the uphill, with a residential and student area on the backside, meaning it's clean and green almost like in a park and much more zones...

10+ Year Old Account
    I know the language is extremely interesting. Daco-Roman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Typical Balkan society. Beautiful women, great house music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Other way arround as in more latin and less slavic. If a romanian speeks a bit louder about 2/3 of the times he get's labeled as "italian". Also we have some very good roman-latin names, I have one. It's very cool to have a first name that some ancient Rome rulers had.
    2/3 of people are very silly then; Italian words don't tend to end in consonants. Romanian ones are known to do that
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    2/3 of people are very silly then; Italian words don't tend to end in consonants. Romanian ones are known to do that
    Yes they are, it's more like I said if you speak louder and or are used to gesticulate also.

Bloodsail Admiral Killmaim Deathbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I know that it's full of Gypsies and Thieves that come over to England and steal, mug and scam from hard working civilians...

Infracted: No nation bashing please
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2013-04-17 at 11:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    I know that it's full of Gypsies and Thieves that come over to England and steal, mug and scam from hard working civilians...

Gypises are nomads. They aren't "coming" from anywhere. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Killmaim Deathbringer View Post
    Gypsies come from India and seeing as:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...g-Britain.html
    In an interview with India’s Sunrise TV before his trip, Mr Cameron said he wanted to make sure that Indians are not put off coming to the UK.
    I don't think you have a reason to complain.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    Gypsies come from India and seeing as:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...g-Britain.html

I don't think you have a reason to complain.
    You know what's hilarious? These people do not understand that one of the reasons why all of these successful countries are greatly developed, is that they're literally importing well advised people from other countries. Eastern European countries literally run out of young doctors because they're all running into Western Europe, and they are not the same trashy people who steal, or people who do not even have IDs yet claim that they are from Romania. Maybe they should close their borders to immigrants, and see what happens.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by naturestorm View Post
    Or try Cluj-Napoca. It has almost everything. Old medieval houses in the center, pubs at the lower levels, Somes canals on some streets and a bigger one along two wider roads that go for about half the city, Botanic Garden once you start the uphill, with a residential and student area on the backside, meaning it's clean and green almost like in a park and much more zones...
    Oh, been in Cluj too, but, still meh, and some parts were very ugly (huge building blocks looking all the same). More interesting than those I mentioned of course. Also went in Timișoara a few times.

But well, I think I went to almost every single capital city from western Europe (except Lisboa), and I'd say the same about any of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    You know what's hilarious? These people do not understand that one of the reasons why all of these successful countries are greatly developed, is because they are literally importing well advised people from other countries. Eastern European countries literally run out of young doctors because they're all running into Western Europe, and they are not the same trashy people who steal, or people who do not even have IDs yet claim that they are from Romania. Maybe they should close their borders to immigrants, and see what happens.
    Sigh... can you at least get it right. It was not well educated people that the western Europe needed, it was the poorly educated workforce to labour in the industries that was needed.
    The industries needed and benefited from it and so did the workers who could leave their typically poor and missmanaged countries for a better life.

Then again I'm sure some will spin this into the minority that got there only to get abused by criminals that cheat them on their pay and social security.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Sigh... can you at least get it right. It was not well educated people that the western Europe needed, it was the poorly educated workforce to labour in the industries that was needed.
    The industries needed and benefited from it and so did the workers who could leave their typically poor and missmanaged countries for a better life.

Then again I'm sure some will spin this into the minority that got there only to get abused by criminals that cheat them on their pay and social security.
    I am not speaking about the past, I am talking about today.

15+ Year Old Account
    I am not speaking about the past, I am talking about today.
    Then the question is, with Schengen etc are we to deny people their right to choose where to live and work?
    Cos if anyone are upset that people move to work since it benefit them personally maybe their country just shouldn't be part of the EU.

Bottom problem is that some countries dont give their well educated citizens hope of a future that can be on pair with other countries so some of them choose to move.
    Saying western countries are just sucking central/east Europe dry while hiding from the fact that those got issues with corruption, polotical stability, democracy what not as major factor is just flawed.
    Last edited by Bakis; 2013-04-17 at 11:48 AM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Deleted
    Then the question is, with Schengen etc are we to deny people their right to choose where to live and work?
    Cos if anyone are upset that people move to work since it benefit them personally maybe their country just shouldn't be part of the EU.

Bottom problem is that some countries dont give their well educated citizens hope of a future that can be on pair with other countries so some of them choose to move.
    Saying western countries are just sucking central/east Europe dry while hiding from the fact that those got issues with corruption, polotical stability, democracy what not as major factor is just flawed.
    Maybe they can take an inspiration from some countries that used to be full of fishermen 100 years ago. What future are you talking about?

http://www.dw.de/germany-too-lax-on-...ing/a-16724634

Blaming the victims instead
    According to estimates of the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), between 120,000 and 500,000 women from Central and Eastern Europe alone are brought to the western part of the continent by human traffickers, who force them into prostitution. Many of the victims are underage.

The EU guideline calls for special protection measures for children. "Children are more vulnerable and therefore at greater risk of falling victim to trafficking in human beings," the guideline states.
    But Germany in particular offers them very little support. "These are teenagers that are brought to Germany and are forced to work in the field of prostitution or in other fields. If they get picked up by the authorities, the focus is not on them being the victims of someone else's crime but that they themselves have broken the law - by being in Germany illegally," says Tarneden.
    The problem is that this exploitation is tolerated and encouraged by most Western EU countries. All immigrants regardless if low skilled, high skilled or sexually abused are being blamed and dehumanized.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cybran View Post
    http://www.dw.de/germany-too-lax-on-...ing/a-16724634

The problem is that this exploitation is tolerated and encouraged by most Western EU countries. All immigrants regardless if low skilled, high skilled or sexually abused are being blamed and dehumanized.

So we are talking about jobs and you bring up trafficking (as always)?
    You are amusing mr Cybran.
    You are always trying to derail into something else, I will give you the honor of at least being consistant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette55 View Post
    I heard the Romanian president is the most honest and incorruptible superhero in the world of politics.
    He might very well be, actualy.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkholder View Post
    Sorry i know about Romania only is located in Balcani and have form of a fish and have some well know persons Nicolae Ceausescu (my favorite),Nadia Comaneci,Hagii i think and Vlad Dracul and lost a loot no more sry
    Way to make a new account and bump your own thread.
    Last edited by Vargur; 2013-04-17 at 12:06 PM.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.