Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Not really, dude. It's just one of the many theorys.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Origin_of_the_Romanians

And it's called "theory" for a reason...
    And is generally accepted as the most plausible.

Capital: Bucharest
    Home of the land of Transylvania
    Vladimir the Impaler
    There is a high population of Romani, I believe it's higher than any other European country
    They, along with Moldova, speak Romanian, a language in the Romance division of the Indo-European language family, meaning they have more in common linguistically than they do with their Slavic and Uralic (Hungarian) neighbors. It's a really pretty language
    I believe the majority of the population is Romanian Orthodox
    It borders Ukraine, Moldova, Hungary, Serbia, and Bulgaria
    It borders the Black Sea

That's all I got, but as an American, I'd say that's pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    That being said, this does not change the fact that Transylvania was populated when you got there. But let's only go back a little. You say the romanian colonization was done in the '80s. So let's go back to... 1848, over 132 years from the 1980's. The revolution of 1948, when Hungary revolted to fight the rest of the empire and achieve their independence... only they didn't, because Transylvania also revolted against Hungary under the leadership of Avram Iancu. And while you were too busy dealing with that, russian troops steamrolled your revolution. For once, I don't even have to go to the 11th century or before anymore, since you just said the colonization was done in the 1980's... I just had to show you one event prior to that when Romanians were clearly there doing stuff. Maybe you should pay more attention to your history lessons.
    In this case colonisation doesen't mean there was no romanian population in Transilvania. That's just how we call it, sorry for for the misunderstanding. Lets make this clear: In the early '80s the hungarian population in Transilvania started to demand autonomy. As a respond in 1988 april 29 Nicolae Ceausescu announced the "settlement planning" plan. This plan was all about destroying every single village with less than 3000 population and forcibly move the residents in new agrocultural centers. "Surprisingly" 4/5 of hungarian population lived in these small villages. Thankfully in 1989 dec 22 Ceausescu and his regime died, but by then hundreds of villages was destroyed, their population deported or they fled to Hungary, and in the remaining villages every public service was cancelled (no schools, medical stations, public transportation, post offices etc.) so they started to die slowly. Of course romanian villagers suffered too, tens of thousands of them were transported too, but that was just another blow to the hungarians, becouse mixing up the two nationality leads to assimilation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chasavaqe View Post
    There is a high population of Romani, I believe it's higher than any other European country
    You'd be surprised, yet Spain has a larger population of Romani in truth, almost double of Romania.

Besides that what you said is true, and yes, you do know a few things

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    In this case colonisation doesen't mean there was no romanian population in Transilvania. That's just how we call it, sorry for for the misunderstanding. Lets make this clear: In the early '80s the hungarian population in Transilvania started to demand autonomy. As a respond in 1988 april 29 Nicolae Ceausescu announced the "settlement planning" plan. This plan was all about destroying every single village with less than 3000 population and forcibly move the residents in new agrocultural centers. "Surprisingly" 4/5 of hungarian population lived in these small villages. Thankfully in 1989 dec 22 Ceausescu and his regime died, but by then hundreds of villages was destroyed, their population deported or they fled to Hungary, and in the remaining villages every public service was cancelled (no schools, medical stations, public transportation, post offices etc.) so they started to die slowly. Of course romanian villagers suffered too, tens of thousands of them were transported too, but that was just another blow to the hungarians, becouse mixing up the two nationality leads to assimilation.
    Ah, I see your point. Ok, you're right here. Funny enough though, what was done had the opposite effect. He made the hungarians bunch up together, creating a more united area. Before they were more spread out over a larger area but intertwened with romanian villages, now in the part of the country they live in they are actually majoritary. It's a small part, but it's in the middle of the country.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gheorghe Hagi - the Maradona of the Carpathians.

A sublime talent who never really reached the potential in Spain or Italy that his ability merited.

Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    You guys are all gypsies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clubsoda View Post
    Have to mention that I reported you, there's absolutely retarded major spoiler in your signature field.

i know a Romanian player named Adrian mutu that played for Chelsea and fiorentina

I like the old castles there and i know about Vlad the impaler

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matty4weiro View Post
    i know a Romanian player named Adrian mutu that played for Chelsea and fiorentina
    Who voided his contract to us (Chelsea) because he tested positive for cocaine. And I don't think that was even the first time. Shame, because he was a good player.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Who voided his contract to us (Chelsea) because he tested positive for cocaine. And I don't think that was even the first time. Shame, because he was a good player.
    Honestly, he is and was an arrogant prick thinking of himself as better than others. He always got called to the national team selections because the coach was quite the same. And he played good as he took steroids too, besides those drugs. He was a complete failure.

While I don't particularly like football, I really disliked the guy.

I know that half of Romania has moved into my city in the UK.

Dey tuk maa jerb!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    Honestly, he is and was an arrogant prick thinking of himself as better than others. He always got called to the national team selections because the coach was quite the same. And he played good as he took steroids too, besides those drugs. He was a complete failure.

While I don't particularly like football, I really disliked the guy.
    That much, I didn't know about. It wouldn't particularly surprise me however, I began losing interest in football (one of the many times in my life) not long after he started playing for Chelsea but before he voided his contract. After that when I got back into it, I can't say I looked back too much. Talk about rose tinted spectacles.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.