Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadocaster View Post
    Get an aftermarket cooler, like a noctua or something. OCZ SSDs are faster, but pricier. Up to you(the vertex 4 series specifically).

The overclocking on the board is still done in the BIOS, but there is this 'beginners mode' screen that allows you to click on different clocking configurations. you can still go into advanced mode and set your own voltages etc.
    I do have an aftermarket cooler. I don't recall the name but it's liquid cooling. My country is pretty hot so I decided I needed one of those. Also, between SSDs which are so fast anyway, the difference between themselves won't matter much will it?

But back to my main question, how will it fair in 25 man raids?

Just wanted to add in here, I bought from Cyberpower PC and it was flawless. No issues and assembled well.

Quote Originally Posted by Azlarn View Post
    I do have an aftermarket cooler. I don't recall the name but it's liquid cooling. My country is pretty hot so I decided I needed one of those. Also, between SSDs which are so fast anyway, the difference between themselves won't matter much will it?

But back to my main question, how will it fair in 25 man raids?
    If you build for bragging rights like I do, the extra 20mb/s read time matters. But the difference is very negligible yes, i am just neurotic when it comes to my PC. Personal flaw I guess. ANYWAY back OT:

With liquid cooling, when you get that motherboard read the manual if you have to, you could push your processor up, I would even consider an i7 if you are doing plumbing. As far as 25 man raids go, you should be able to set everything to Ultra, and fraps, and stream, at the same time.

I have a very similar build to yours, only my video card is different, so this is from personal experience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadocaster View Post
    If you build for bragging rights like I do, the extra 20mb/s read time matters. But the difference is very negligible yes, i am just neurotic when it comes to my PC. Personal flaw I guess. ANYWAY back OT:

With liquid cooling, when you get that motherboard read the manual if you have to, you could push your processor up, I would even consider an i7 if you are doing plumbing. As far as 25 man raids go, you should be able to set everything to Ultra, and fraps, and stream, at the same time.

I have a very similar build to yours, only my video card is different, so this is from personal experience.
    Awesome. That's exactly what I wanted to hear. I do think that an i7 (I guess you're thinking about the i7-3770k) is a bit of an overkill, I won't be doing any heavy duty work like 3D imaging or high res video rendering. What I need now is a larger monitor (mine is only 1280x1028).

Also, that screenshot you posted was from your computer's "beginner mode" as you refer to it? I see the 3 lines, performance, quiet and energy saving. Are those the balance I have to pick from and the mobo will configure clock speed and power usage accordingly?
    Last edited by mmoc2fdc1312bd; 2012-11-24 at 08:50 PM.

Storage: Samsung 840 series 128GB SSD and Western Caviar Blue 500GB HDD
    Would even recommend the OCZ Vertex 4 above this.
    Get the Samsung 830 instead if you can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Would even recommend the OCZ Vertex 4 above this.
    Get the Samsung 830 instead if you can.
    Woops, my bad. It actually is the samsung 830, missclicked the wrong link when I wanted to copy paste all the units Will change the original post to reflect that. As for getting an OCZ, it's a little too late for that as my PC has been built for me already and I just have to pick it up now.

Woops, my bad. It actually is the samsung 830, missclicked the wrong link when I wanted to copy paste all the units Will change the original post to reflect that. As for getting an OCZ, it's a little too late for that as my PC has been built for me already and I just have to pick it up now.
    In that case, you will have no troubles running Wow in 25man raids.

Also, that screenshot you posted was from your computer's "beginner mode" as you refer to it? I see the 3 lines, performance, quiet and energy saving. Are those the balance I have to pick from and the mobo will configure clock speed and power usage accordingly?
    Yes tencharacters

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    I don't know how and don't have time to learn...I know that's ALWAYS the answer to this question, but I really just want to know about the system I posted, no offense.
    So you would rather spend more on less quality? It doesn't take long to learn at all. And it doesn't take alot of time.