Thread: New Player Help

  1. #1

    New Player Help

    So I am very interested in Rift but was very put off when I tried the storm legion beta when I ported to the main city and bought the little level up to 50 token and looked at how many skills I had. How does someone that is completely new go about understanding what skills are good and which are bad, obviously leveling a character will help me a lot but coming from a Shaman Healer in World of Warcraft I feel extremely lost with the amount of skills I had.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.

    I Livestream Daily and do giveaways.

  2. #2
    Scarab Lord slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    4,142
    Oh, well that won't happen if you level from 1 to 60, trust me you will know all your skills by then. That's why I'm sorta against what blizzard did with their scroll of rez. Trust me, it's a great Idea, and I want to be that lazy fart that would rather click a button to be instantly level 80 - but it comes a t a cost. You do not learn your class as well as you would have playing it through the entire leveling experience. I have no doubt you will be fine if you approach this as a normal new incoming player.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Oh, well that won't happen if you level from 1 to 60, trust me you will know all your skills by then. That's why I'm sorta against what blizzard did with their scroll of rez. Trust me, it's a great Idea, and I want to be that lazy fart that would rather click a button to be instantly level 80 - but it comes a t a cost. You do not learn your class as well as you would have playing it through the entire leveling experience. I have no doubt you will be fine if you approach this as a normal new incoming player.
    Alright Thanks, I was hoping that would be the case. The Game looks great so I can't wait to start leveling.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.

    I Livestream Daily and do giveaways.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Sleepysnik's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Stavanger
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    Alright Thanks, I was hoping that would be the case. The Game looks great so I can't wait to start leveling.
    Welcome, and good luck I'm falling in love all over again with the expansion!
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

  5. #5
    Warchief theWocky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    2,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    So I am very interested in Rift but was very put off when I tried the storm legion beta when I ported to the main city and bought the little level up to 50 token and looked at how many skills I had. How does someone that is completely new go about understanding what skills are good and which are bad, obviously leveling a character will help me a lot but coming from a Shaman Healer in World of Warcraft I feel extremely lost with the amount of skills I had.
    Don't panic. There are a few "templates" that automatically fill in the talents in an "acceptable" build to get started. The templates even tell you how you should play.
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.comyou-tube: Wocky GAMING
    Recent Video ★ Enter the Wocky: an introduction
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    #WOCKSTER Gaming CommunitySteam Games List"


  6. #6
    As others have said, the Soul Templates pre-configure a build for you and even set up the hotbar & explain the basics. The templates are actually pretty good for new players.

    After you play a template you'll start to understand how things work.

    However in the end the degree of complexity, or rather intricacy, is the main attraction to Rift. It's essentially a Warcraft-style MMO for people who don't like how straightforward and simple Warcraft is in actual play.

  7. #7
    A tip would be use ur prime skills from ur main soul dont panic and use like 3 skills that do the same thing, keep one from ur main soul and u will ok, the other 2 souls are for some extra skills ( not copies)+buffs and boosts, for example if u pick 3 rogue souls u will have like 10 combo regen abilities and like 5-6 finishers u should stick "mostly" in ur main soul combo regen and finishers,something like that.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •