Thread: New Player Help

New Player Help

So I am very interested in Rift but was very put off when I tried the storm legion beta when I ported to the main city and bought the little level up to 50 token and looked at how many skills I had. How does someone that is completely new go about understanding what skills are good and which are bad, obviously leveling a character will help me a lot but coming from a Shaman Healer in World of Warcraft I feel extremely lost with the amount of skills I had.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.

I Livestream Daily and do giveaways.

Oh, well that won't happen if you level from 1 to 60, trust me you will know all your skills by then. That's why I'm sorta against what blizzard did with their scroll of rez. Trust me, it's a great Idea, and I want to be that lazy fart that would rather click a button to be instantly level 80 - but it comes a t a cost. You do not learn your class as well as you would have playing it through the entire leveling experience. I have no doubt you will be fine if you approach this as a normal new incoming player.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Oh, well that won't happen if you level from 1 to 60, trust me you will know all your skills by then. That's why I'm sorta against what blizzard did with their scroll of rez. Trust me, it's a great Idea, and I want to be that lazy fart that would rather click a button to be instantly level 80 - but it comes a t a cost. You do not learn your class as well as you would have playing it through the entire leveling experience. I have no doubt you will be fine if you approach this as a normal new incoming player.
    Alright Thanks, I was hoping that would be the case. The Game looks great so I can't wait to start leveling.
    Check out my livestream and follow me on twitter.

I Livestream Daily and do giveaways.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    Alright Thanks, I was hoping that would be the case. The Game looks great so I can't wait to start leveling.
    Welcome, and good luck I'm falling in love all over again with the expansion!
    "You disgust me"- Grandma

Quote Originally Posted by Gorthezar View Post
    So I am very interested in Rift but was very put off when I tried the storm legion beta when I ported to the main city and bought the little level up to 50 token and looked at how many skills I had. How does someone that is completely new go about understanding what skills are good and which are bad, obviously leveling a character will help me a lot but coming from a Shaman Healer in World of Warcraft I feel extremely lost with the amount of skills I had.
    Don't panic. There are a few "templates" that automatically fill in the talents in an "acceptable" build to get started. The templates even tell you how you should play.
    More about the Wocky here"
    Recent Videos ★ series: MMO Forum Troll | ★ ArcheAge Sandbox MMO (family/friends exclusive Alpha) gameplay
    Partner/Member of the CURSE "Union for Gamers" YouTube Gaming Network | ★ Wocky's Computer Specs: HERE
    ★ twitter @WockyCC ★ blog wockycc.tumblr.com ★ you-tube: WockyCC

As others have said, the Soul Templates pre-configure a build for you and even set up the hotbar & explain the basics. The templates are actually pretty good for new players.

After you play a template you'll start to understand how things work.

However in the end the degree of complexity, or rather intricacy, is the main attraction to Rift. It's essentially a Warcraft-style MMO for people who don't like how straightforward and simple Warcraft is in actual play.

A tip would be use ur prime skills from ur main soul dont panic and use like 3 skills that do the same thing, keep one from ur main soul and u will ok, the other 2 souls are for some extra skills ( not copies)+buffs and boosts, for example if u pick 3 rogue souls u will have like 10 combo regen abilities and like 5-6 finishers u should stick "mostly" in ur main soul combo regen and finishers,something like that.