Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Angry Ok this is sad!!!

Ok for the past 5 days there has been a lvl 84 rogue in goldshire on ysera, and he is a hacker and what does blizz do about it, just gives a general response thank you for your report and he goes on to say that there is a new reporting system and so on. there has been many reports about him and nothing is done about it he right now is harmless just killing low lvls flagged or not but what does he have to do to have blizz step in yesterday a GM saw him and ported him away and today he is back same guy so no ban nothing . why is it blizz just says they are doing something to fix the issue and it never happens EVER!!! and we all know there is a issue ie: botters, hackers, gold sellers, and so on.
    Last edited by Valeloot; 2012-11-25 at 04:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it's indeed very sad. How people can repeatadly complain about a subject that has been answered.. god knows how many times..

I suggest you do some research about how it actually works with the termination of hackers/botters.

Now, if those games seem to give you more value of your time, then play them instead, but please. Stop complaining, furthermost stop creating new threads. Search for your problem and whine in one of the other hundreds of threads like yours.
    Last edited by Nelfie; 2012-11-24 at 09:20 PM.
    I registered on MMO-Champion, and all I got was this lousy signature...

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Did you report him? Did others report him?

Then I'll bet you $15 that he's not hacking just ganking.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    Did you report him? Did others report him?

Then I'll bet you $15 that he's not hacking just ganking.
    Well, he did say the rogue is killing lowbies, flagged or not.

1. How do you know if it's a hacker if he's in Goldshire?
    2. If you report someone, Blizzard will NOT let you know what happened with this person due to privacy reasons
    3. If you feel tempted, please go and play SW:TOR! I won't miss you

Also, if you really feel so strongly about it. Get your level 90 character and kill him for a while. I'm sure he'll go away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    2. If you report someone, Blizzard will NOT let you know what happened with this person due to privacy reasons

I see thousands of posts like this every week. If every person you and others told just quit and play something else did the wow pop would be allot lower. To many that may be a good thing.To me, Blizzard, and what I'm sure is the majority of the wow pop it would NOT be good. Smaller pop is less people for raids, slower Q's, worse economy on the ah, and less cash in blizzards pocket. Leading to less content and more complainers which will lead to even less players perpetuating the previous stated situation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Well, he did say the rogue is killing lowbies, flagged or not.
    I doubt he is doing that at all. More like he's tricking low-levels that aren't flagged into getting flagged. I very much doubt it's a hacker, just a jerk who likes to gank people.

All you can do, OP, is report it the correct way and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I doubt he is doing that at all. More like he's tricking low-levels that aren't flagged into getting flagged. I very much doubt it's a hacker, just a jerk who likes to gank people.
    I don't know, sounds a little... weird to make a thread about how you are mistakenly hitting horde and getting tagged and then calling hacks. His english isn't all that great, but doesn't mean he is stupid.

There is (or was) a way to be able to make opposing players flagged, or just attack them when they are not flagged. Did some google search, but most seem to be about frost mages doing this, which is now fixed. This was in 5.0.4.
    Last edited by Santti; 2012-11-24 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Typo's all over the place!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I don't know, sounds a little... weird to make a thread about how you are mistakenly hitting horde and getting tagged and then calling hacks. His english isn't all that great, but doesn't mean he is stupid.

There is (or was) a way to be able to make opposing players flagged, or just attack them when they are not flagged. Did some google search, but most seem to be about frost mages doing this, which is now fixed. This was in 5.0.4.
    Didn't say he was stupid at all. That doesn't mean we're getting the truth. It's more likely that he got flagged and is annoyed about a ganker and wants to embellish the story a bit.

Didn't say he was stupid at all. That doesn't mean we're getting the truth. It's more likely that he got flagged and is annoyed about a ganker and wants to embellish the story a bit.
    I dunno, I'm with Santti on this one. CRZ being what it is I HIGHLY doubt a lvl 84 Rogue could perma-gank out in the open in Goldshire without being destroyed by lvl 90 players indefinately.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmajix View Post
    [/U][/B]
    I see thousands of posts like this every week. If every person you and others told just quit and play something else did the wow pop would be allot lower. To many that may be a good thing.To me, Blizzard, and what I'm sure is the majority of the wow pop it would NOT be good. Smaller pop is less people for raids, slower Q's, worse economy on the ah, and less cash in blizzards pocket. Leading to less content and more complainers which will lead to even less players perpetuating the previous stated situation.
    People that are ready to leave for SW:TOR over the slightest are people that i could live without, people that wouldnt be missed, people that i would enjoy not having the probability to join groups with no matter how slim that chance is.

Deleted
    I have an idea. I don't play WoW and I am not sure, but think Ysera is an US realm. That said, why doesn't someone go and check it out? I mean, how much can it take, 15 min? Make a human on Ysera, run to Goldshire at an hour of the day and sit for 5 min unflagged and check(if nothing happens, log off and come back 2 hours later). Then we can see, is it true, or is it not that a rogue is hack-killing lowbies? It's not hard at all...
    Last edited by mmoc994dcc48c2; 2012-11-24 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madmajix View Post
    [/U][/B]
    People on the internet are jerks, mostly, when anyone complains about anything. It's the unfortunate way of the world. People don't like to be nice to random people.

---------- Post added 2012-11-24 at 11:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drarion View Post
    People that are ready to leave for SW:TOR over the slightest are people that i could live without, people that wouldnt be missed, people that i would enjoy not having the probability to join groups with no matter how slim that chance is.
    .....Why is that?

What's sad is how many people throw in that little covert aggressive threat to quit the entire game over whatever freaking imperfection they perceive in the game eventually. So good to know you deem the game worthy of your royal subscription, please don't leave, think about the children.
    If you like my draw-rings. http://yig.deviantart.com/
    If you can't find them for some reason beyond that page. http://yig.deviantart.com/gallery/
    WOW screenshot and concept art gallery http://smg.photobucket.com/user/evilknick/library/WoW

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    I have an idea. I don't play WoW and I am not sure, but think Ysera is an US realm. That said, why doesn't someone go and check it out? I mean, how much can it take, 15 min? Make a human on Ysera, run to Goldshire at an hour of the day and sit for 5 min unflagged and check(if nothing happens, log off and come back 2 hours later). Then we can see, is it true, or is it not that a rogue is hack-killing lowbies? It's not hard at all...
    4:45pm pst Ysera-US No horde in Goldshire. No L84 rogues logged in.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeloot View Post
    Ok for the past 5 days there has been a lvl 84 rogue in goldshire on ysera, and he is a hacker and what does blizz do about it, just gives a general response thank you for your report and he goes on to say that there is a new reporting system and so on. there has been many reports about him and nothing is done about it he right now is harmless just killing low lvls flagged or not but what does he have to do to have blizz step in yesterday a GM saw him and ported him away and today he is back same guy so no ban nothing . why is it blizz just says they are doing something to fix the issue and it never happens EVER!!! and we all know there is a issue ie: botters, hackers, gold sellers, and so on. Right now guild wars 2 and swtor ftp are looking really good atm.
    The truley sad thing is this bothered you so much that you had to come here and whine, what do you want us to do about it? hold your hand so the big bad rogue doesnt hurt you? get over it dude im sure you can bypass goldshire if you need to and its as bad as you claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, flagged or unflagged, there's an answer for that. If one player is flagged and he goes to buff or heal another player even a ress/mass ress, that player normally becomes flagged too. And that flag stays on for 5 minutes no matter death. That is what I think might have happened, unsure if so, but seen this being the main reason on most of these discussions.

I know it's sad that someone takes time like that to kill low levels, this is where I would enjoy negative honor (losing honor for killing too low players)
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post

Also, if you really feel so strongly about it. Get your level 90 character and kill him for a while. I'm sure he'll go away!
    1st how do i know hes a hacker hes flying...with out a mount and not i am not saying that maybe he has a spell or something on he is flying over the buildings.
    2nd no kidding i know that a GM will not say anything but hes been doing the same shit for now 6 days and yes he has been reported.
    3rd its ppl like u that support asses like this

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 08:21 AM ----------

All you can do, OP, is report it the correct way and move on.
    if you doubt it come to my server and look. dont jump to oh i dont think he is doing that before u check it out.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 08:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I dunno, I'm with Santti on this one. CRZ being what it is I HIGHLY doubt a lvl 84 Rogue could perma-gank out in the open in Goldshire without being destroyed by lvl 90 players indefinately.
    he has been kill a shit ton of times but he still is there.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 08:33 AM ----------

let me just make this clear 1st i am not bitching i am just pointing this out 2nd i researched it i am not that stupid 3rd blizz very seldom tries to fix or post anything about a us server if u check there is more help and service on the eu servers 1 post gets like 50 helpful and kind ppl including a blue or green, what do the us servers get asses who want to put there mean ass 2 cents in and put me or anyone trying to 1 get help or 2 point out a issue. all i see on my thread is ppl being rude and mean..now that is really sad.

Blizz might be wanting to research the hack so they can hotfix it. You guys are just collateral damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    Blizz might be wanting to research the hack so they can hotfix it. You guys are just collateral damage.
    Or they want to offer him a job.