Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

when do you start decorating your house for Christmas?

as the title says really, around what time do you start getting the Christmas tree and all the decorations up for Christmas?

First day of the Christmas vacation, which in the case of next month will be on the 22nd; two days before we celebrate.

We started today. We always do it the day after Thanksgiving. Can't get enough Christmas!
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Deleted
    We don't really have an exact time for it, well atleast it's after celebrating Sinterklaas (dutch holiday). A few days after that we decorate for Christmas.

When I lived at home it was always first of Advent, now that I've been living on my own for 6 years it tends to happen when I feel like it.

We don't anymore. We live out of sight of any houses or roads so it'd be pointless. When we lived in town though, my parents typically did it over Thanksgiving break, so about now. I've never seen any reason to do it, personally. I liked Christmas as much as any other kid but decorations have always struck me as nothing more than vanity. As an adult, the whole holiday seems pointless and a money sink.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Me, never. I am too busy planning the next years Halloween.

We don't celebrate Christmas anymore so there is no decorations to actually put up, it's just like any other day ....Much to my disappointment. We used to but now with all my siblings and myself grown up we see no point in celebrating anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    We don't anymore. We live out of sight of any houses or roads so it'd be pointless. When we lived in town though, my parents typically did it over Thanksgiving break, so about now. I've never seen any reason to do it, personally. I liked Christmas as much as any other kid but decorations have always struck me as nothing more than vanity. As an adult, the whole holiday seems pointless and a money sink.
    You don't have to decorate the outside; we don't.

POINTLESS MONEY SINK?! FUCKING HEATHEN.

No but seriously, I love Christmas. Everyone seems to be in a good mood, and it's just got a "jolly" feel to it. It's my favorite time of year. My brother-in-law and I play Christmas music from like... Halloween until sometime in January. Fucking love Christmas.

e: Also, I don't love it for the whole, Jesus bullshit. I'm not religious at all. I just love the season. And the presents.
    And the food.
    And the whole, family coming over and having this big shin-dig. We have a pretty large family(My mom has 7 siblings, all with families), so we have this big get-together from around 11AM-5 or 6 PM. We watch TV, play board games, do presents, shoot the shit, etc.
    Last edited by Shoridayo; 2012-11-24 at 11:13 AM.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

Most Dutch people do it after the celebration of saint nicholas which is the 5th. And remove them after " 3 kings" (dont know the english name). So it is sort of set times here. Sort of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never decorated outside, but the family used to get the christmas tree around 2 weeks before christmas. I don't get a tree anymore though since I live alone.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"

I'm Agnostic, so I don't celebrate Christmas :P

10+ Year Old Account
    if i didnt have to love out of my apartment today it would have been this weekend. Not a tree or anything but I would have put up some silly lights and changed the smelly (potpourri) things that I use to Christmas.

I wouldnt doubt my mum will be in full force if not this weekend, next, due to my circumstances of coming back with them - she feels bad lol, thinks shinny lights will make it better (it might)

maybe 2 weeks before christmas?

I walk past a house that has had ann electric christmas tree (one of those fibre-optic lights jobs) in the window for a month now. I want to facepalm every time I see it xD

Deleted
    Around the 22nd/23rd here, and the only decorations we have is a small tree with lights on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xsublymonalx View Post
    You don't have to decorate the outside; we don't.

POINTLESS MONEY SINK?! FUCKING HEATHEN.

No but seriously, I love Christmas. Everyone seems to be in a good mood, and it's just got a "jolly" feel to it. It's my favorite time of year. My brother-in-law and I play Christmas music from like... Halloween until sometime in January. Fucking love Christmas.

e: Also, I don't love it for the whole, Jesus bullshit. I'm not religious at all. I just love the season. And the presents.
    And the food.
    And the whole, family coming over and having this big shin-dig. We have a pretty large family(My mom has 7 siblings, all with families), so we have this big get-together from around 11AM-5 or 6 PM. We watch TV, play board games, do presents, shoot the shit, etc.
    Indeed friend!!! We put our tree up about 2 weeks ago, when my niece came over. I fucking love Christmas, the season, the snow, everything that goes along with it.

So many scrooges in this thread... too cool for christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Palmatum View Post
    I'm Agnostic, so I don't celebrate Christmas :P
    I fail to see how that makes any sense. I'm an Atheist and I celebrate it. You don't have to believe the bullcrap story of Jesus to enjoy Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalfrezi View Post
    Indeed friend!!! We put our tree up about 2 weeks ago, when my niece came over. I fucking love Christmas, the season, the snow, everything that goes along with it.

So many scrooges in this thread... too cool for christmas!
    +1, brochacho.

Hehe, i like christmas as well but could care less about the bible. I just like whole season. Better then dark winter months right?