Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    You can always go for Samsung RAM @ $35 and play the silicon lottery. Some people have been able to OC it up to 2133 C9. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820147096
    why play lottery if you can get good product for sure?

Quote Originally Posted by shroudster View Post
    why play lottery if you can get good product for sure?
    Because the Samsung RAM I linked is known to be a good overclocker. According to the feedback on the Newegg site, its easily OC'd to 1866 C9 and might get 2133. Plus, its cheaper than buying 2133 straight up.

The only optimal gaming rig for late 2012 is
    Intel Core i5 3570 oem with any zalman performa cooler
    Any MB with Z77 chipset on it ( like ASUS P8Z77-V LX + )
    8 gig of any ram 1600Mhz+ ( 4+4 )
    Any Geforce GTX 670 ( factory o/c is better = almost GTX 680 )
    OCZ vertex 4 128 GB +
    WD black series 1 TB +
    Monitor any 120Ghz display

if you can get that for 1500 bucks, do that

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabro View Post
    The only optimal gaming rig for late 2012 is
    Intel Core i5 3570 oem with any zalman performa cooler
    Any MB with Z77 chipset on it ( like ASUS P8Z77-V LX + )
    8 gig of any ram 1600Mhz+ ( 4+4 )
    Any Geforce GTX 670 ( factory o/c is better = almost GTX 680 )
    OCZ vertex 4 128 GB +
    WD black series 1 TB +
    Monitor any 120Ghz display

if you can get that for 1500 bucks, do that
    No. No. No. No. No.

i5-3570K
    Zalman coolers are not optimal anymore for the most part and many are not even considered good. "Any" cooler is just showing you have no clue what you are talking about. Or do not read about coolers from Thermalright, Noctua, Corsair, Cooler Master, I'll stop here.
    ANY mobo with Z77? Please. Be a little more specific, and personally, the Asus P8Z77 V LX is just, ew. No.
    The RAM you at least got right.
    Any 670? How about specifically the MSI Power Edition since it allows over-voltage...
    OCZ Vertex 4, while a decent SSD, has the customer service-lacking company OCZ behind it and that scares several folks other than me. Samsung 840 or Corsair Neutron GTX are the best SSDs right now, followed closely by the Crucial m4 and Samsung 830.
    You don't need a WD Black. I have 3 HDDs personally, a Baraccuda 7200RPM, a WD Blue 7200RPM, and a WD Green 5900RPM, guess which writes and reads the quickest? The Green. Yeah, makes no sense. Probably has to do with the fact it's bigger, but still, Black is overpriced for the increase that most people will not notice in performance, especially if they have an SSD already.
    First off, it would be 120GHz, but monitors are not even up to 1,024Hz yet, it's 120Hz and many would disagree here and say go for a 60Hz IPS. Also, once again, the "any" denotes you don't have a clue. So you mean to say, some second-rate Acer 120Hz is equatable to a higher end Samsung 120Hz?

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 12:25 PM ----------

the PSU is modular? (or atleast that is what partpicker tells me).
    yes that rebate on msi card is worth it else, since they are both very similar clocked/cooled.
    also sleep deprivation one of the fun things in life inux
    Oh, should have written "HX" in that line foo! I was thinking that was the TX power supply. Never mind!
    The MSI one will OC like a champ. ;p I also wonder how good EVGA's 2-fan cooling heatsinks for GPUs are.... never seen any reviews for them. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    No. No. No. No. No.

i5-3570K
    Zalman coolers are not optimal anymore for the most part and many are not even considered good. "Any" cooler is just showing you have no clue what you are talking about. Or do not read about coolers from Thermalright, Noctua, Corsair, Cooler Master, I'll stop here.
    ANY mobo with Z77? Please. Be a little more specific, and personally, the Asus P8Z77 V LX is just, ew. No.
    The RAM you at least got right.
    Any 670? How about specifically the MSI Power Edition since it allows over-voltage...
    OCZ Vertex 4, while a decent SSD, has the customer service-lacking company OCZ behind it and that scares several folks other than me. Samsung 840 or Corsair Neutron GTX are the best SSDs right now, followed closely by the Crucial m4 and Samsung 830.
    You don't need a WD Black. I have 3 HDDs personally, a Baraccuda 7200RPM, a WD Blue 7200RPM, and a WD Green 5900RPM, guess which writes and reads the quickest? The Green. Yeah, makes no sense. Probably has to do with the fact it's bigger, but still, Black is overpriced for the increase that most people will not notice in performance, especially if they have an SSD already.
    First off, it would be 120GHz, but monitors are not even up to 1,024Hz yet, it's 120Hz and many would disagree here and say go for a 60Hz IPS. Also, once again, the "any" denotes you don't have a clue. So you mean to say, some second-rate Acer 120Hz is equatable to a higher end Samsung 120Hz?

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 12:25 PM ----------

Oh, should have written "HX" in that line foo! I was thinking that was the TX power supply. Never mind!
    The MSI one will OC like a champ. ;p I also wonder how good EVGA's 2-fan cooling heatsinks for GPUs are.... never seen any reviews for them. =/
    He wasnt talking about overclocking at all, with ASUS p8z77 lx and performa cooler you can safety o/c 3570 to 4.2 Ghz for 24/7 running, so i recommend anything from my setup for lowest prices, because you cant get same parts with brands on it for 1500$ but cutting in performance and image quality by choosing 60 ghz display, myself if i have limited budget i prefer cheapest performance/quality than brands (any reference 670 still > than 660 ti superclocked by evga or any other high priced brand)

My system is
    3570 + cheap performa running @ 4200 ( lynx stressed whole night ) i think i can o/c higher but dont want right now
    Asus p8z77 lx running perfectly fine, whats wrong with it? or what i can improve performance wise if i choose 250$+ m/b ?
    Noname 550w PSU, maybe i'm lucky but i never ever have any problem on this machine by choosing this psu
    Palit 670 jetstream, MSI Afterburn o/c +50mhz gpu +300mhz memory +max power limit, had 0 artifacts and stressed by heaven whole night, max temp was 79 c with 50% cooler speed, i have such high temps cause of 120 fpsed vsync if i keep 60ghz refresh rate, gpu runs ~65 c at max
    OCZ vertex 4 256 GB i choose this one because its new, it have a lot of positive feedbacks, it loads win7 in 4 seconds, it have 5 years warranty
    WD 640 GB Caviar Black i doesnt care about, was my old drive ( it can be even slowest 5400rpm series) cos it just multimedia drive for me and i see little to no difference in speed while watching movies or listening music
    Monitor Benq 2420XL again i choose that 1. Lowest price 2. New model 3. Positive feedbacks, and i'm really happy with it, 120ghz actually changed a vision of gaming for me, image is perfectly smooth, IPS is lot better for colors but i prefer this crystall smooth picture than colors

P.S. sorry for my English i'm from Russia and barely talk English but i think you got what i mean with this wall of text )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    Because the Samsung RAM I linked is known to be a good overclocker. According to the feedback on the Newegg site, its easily OC'd to 1866 C9 and might get 2133. Plus, its cheaper than buying 2133 straight up.
    even if that is the case, the i7-3770k would still be the superior CPU/ram combo in power that is actively used compared to AMD still being sup par in games at 1080p (they improved but still got quite some catching up to do , benchmarks only prove this further)

ocz isn't bad and samsung kinda messed up their 840 series (unless you buy the "pro" version)
    yes combo SSD + WD green works wonders (WD blacks are overpriced for what they provide)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by abracadabro View Post
    He wasnt talking about overclocking at all, with ASUS p8z77 lx and performa cooler you can safety o/c 3570 to 4.2 Ghz for 24/7 running, so i recommend anything from my setup for lowest prices, because you cant get same parts with brands on it for 1500$ but cutting in performance and image quality by choosing 60 ghz display, myself if i have limited budget i prefer cheapest performance/quality than brands (any reference 670 still > than 660 ti superclocked by evga or any other high priced brand)

My system is
    3570 + cheap performa running @ 4200 ( lynx stressed whole night ) i think i can o/c higher but dont want right now
    Asus p8z77 lx running perfectly fine, whats wrong with it? or what i can improve performance wise if i choose 250$+ m/b ?
    Noname 550w PSU, maybe i'm lucky but i never ever have any problem on this machine by choosing this psu
    Palit 670 jetstream, MSI Afterburn o/c +50mhz gpu +300mhz memory +max power limit, had 0 artifacts and stressed by heaven whole night, max temp was 79 c with 50% cooler speed, i have such high temps cause of 120 fpsed vsync if i keep 60ghz refresh rate, gpu runs ~65 c at max
    OCZ vertex 4 256 GB i choose this one because its new, it have a lot of positive feedbacks, it loads win7 in 4 seconds, it have 5 years warranty
    WD 640 GB Caviar Black i doesnt care about, was my old drive ( it can be even slowest 5400rpm series) cos it just multimedia drive for me and i see little to no difference in speed while watching movies or listening music
    Monitor Benq 2420XL again i choose that 1. Lowest price 2. New model 3. Positive feedbacks, and i'm really happy with it, 120ghz actually changed a vision of gaming for me, image is perfectly smooth, IPS is lot better for colors but i prefer this crystall smooth picture than colors

P.S. sorry for my English i'm from Russia and barely talk English but i think you got what i mean with this wall of text )
    What's wrong with the P8z77 LX? It doesn't have proper heatsinks.

_

Here's extreme4, pretty much the best choice for the average gamer these days

even if that is the case, the i7-3770k would still be the superior CPU/ram combo in power that is actively used compared to AMD still being sup par in games at 1080p (they improved but still got quite some catching up to do , benchmarks only prove this further)

ocz isn't bad and samsung kinda messed up their 840 series (unless you buy the "pro" version)
    yes combo SSD + WD green works wonders (WD blacks are overpriced for what they provide)
    OCZ isn't bad by any stretch of the imagination, but please tell me you're atleast a little bit concerned about how they're going to survive for the next 5 years with all of the bad products they've had before.

You buy a vertex 4 > The company closes down > your SSD dies within it's warranty but you can't get a new one.

also sleep deprivation one of the fun things in life inux
    Hell yes.
    Dreamhack <3
    Last edited by inux94; 2012-11-26 at 03:46 PM.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    ocz is quite the big player in the enterprise market so im not counting on it going broke within a decade (unless they lose their speed edge they got not competition regarding revodrives and are the most likely company to perfect true hybrid drives imo)

edit: omfg why such terrible music for that dreamhack video?
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-11-26 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    ocz is quite the big player in the enterprise market so im not counting on it going broke within a decade (unless they lose their speed edge they got not competition regarding revodrives and are the most likely company to perfect true hybrid drives imo)
    Couple things:

1) They may be a big player in the enterprise market, but until they handle their consumer-end with the same tender, love, and care, they lose.
    2) You want to talk Enterprise? This is real Enterprise, and dominates the Revodrives. http://www.fusionio.com/
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Couple things:

1) They may be a big player in the enterprise market, but until they handle their consumer-end with the same tender, love, and care, they lose.
    2) You want to talk Enterprise? This is real Enterprise, and dominates the Revodrives. http://www.fusionio.com/
    they are yes but iirc ocz revodrives are better in regard to large storage networks with high speeds, fusion is mostly in the video/realtime editing side of things for companies.

edit: lets get back to the build topic (still how cool would it be to rma a sata ssd and get an enterprise pci-e ssd in return?)
    Last edited by mmoce1d4ab16bc; 2012-11-26 at 06:00 PM.

Why would you buy an additional 40$ for 2133MHz ram? You're not going to notice the difference at all max max 1-2fps.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...t_1155/P8Z77V/

This would be the perfect board though

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    Why would you buy an additional 40$ for 2133MHz ram? You're not going to notice the difference at all max max 1-2fps.

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...t_1155/P8Z77V/

This would be the perfect board though
    Overpriced. The ASRock Z77 Extreme4 is a better choice, imho.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128545
    since ASrock z77 extreme4 isn´t as durable due to lower quality parts (mosfets to be exact)

10+ Year Old Account
    or http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813128545
    since ASrock z77 extreme4 isn´t as durable due to lower quality parts (mosfets to be exact)
    Debatable, check out how many high OCers are using ASRock mobos in my CPU OC Leaderboard thread in my siggy. :P
    "A flower.

Deleted
    Debatable, check out how many high OCers are using ASRock mobos in my CPU OC Leaderboard thread in my siggy. :P
    those don`t seem like the people that stick with a mobo for 5 years

10+ Year Old Account
    those don`t seem like the people that stick with a mobo for 5 years
    We'll see, ASRock is not the brand they once were.
    "A flower.

Deleted
    We'll see, ASRock is not the brand they once were.
    ´que dramatic music´
    only time will tell mwuahahaha

Deleted
    Nothing fancy, just a well balanced, quite and cheap gaming rig with room for future upgrades.
    Guaranteed to run every available game on max settings at very stable FPS.
    I didn't pick a OS, since, well, who has a legit OS anyways? And that act of criminality has given you a few extra buck to spend on legit games

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pCbi
    Last edited by mmoc098be2d235; 2012-11-26 at 07:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeavline View Post
    Nothing fancy, just a well balanced, quite and cheap gaming rig. Guaranteed to run every available game on max settings at very stable FPS.
    I didn't pick a OS, since, well, who has a legit OS anyways? And that act of criminality has given you a few extra buck to spend on legit games

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/pCbi
    downgrading to amd not worth it when budget has the space for what has been linked earlier. (gaming favors intel for wow allot)

Deleted
    downgrading to amd not worth it when budget has the space for what has been linked earlier. (gaming favors intel for wow allot)
    That difference is minuscule and not noticeable by any casual gamer. Just because the budget has space doesn't mean you have to fill it.
    Also, WoW can be maxed out on Amiga 500... xD