Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Wife passed. Would you find love again?

I have a question and I am interested what other people have got to say on this subject.

First of all I am not seeking advice but I am curious how YOU feel on this subject and what you would do.

I will tell you a little story of what happend to me and how would you feel if you had a situation similiar to mine?

My wife was the most beautiful woman I have ever met. Such caring and kind woman and I was the happiest man on earth to be so lucky.
    To Have and to Hold, 'Til Death Do Us Part
    However death comes to all of us in the end. Unfortunately some sooner than others.

Its now been six years since she passed away and I was certain I would never be able to find nor would I want to.
    When she died I felt it was the right thing to do to live by myself for the rest of my life. I felt my heart belonged to her and her only.
    And that was a personal choice I made. Its different for everyone

For six years I have not looked upon any women whatsoever in such ways other than a friend.
    However today on a completly normal day something interesting happend.
    On a normal day at the grocery store I noticed a beautiful women working as a cashier and I found it wierd. Never have i looked on a women in such a way since my wife passed.
    But I guess after a while its natural to humans to be attracted to someone else after such a long time.

She was very nice and social to the other customers but when I came up she started to touch her hair, became shy and just smiled and we got some strong eye contact.
    It was an awkard situation. Not an ''awkard social moment'' but just awkard becouse after six years I felt attracted to a woman and it wasent very hard to figure out she liked me to.

So thats that but I am not sure what I should do. I still feel obligated to stay faithful to my wife but then again theres this.

So my question is would you be able to love someone else again after your loved on passed away?

Deleted
    I imagine just about everyone says that they couldn't again, but as we see, it does happen, so I reckon it's perfectly normal, sorry for your loss my friend.

I'd have no idea until the situation arises. And I pray that it never will. I can't imagine losing someone so close to me

At first I don't think I would be able to. But love is unpredictable so it's possible to meet someone amazing the day after or 20 years after, difference being you probably aren't ready for a new relationship the day after...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

I highly doubt it.

You never know. I'm sure your wife would want you to move on and be happy. As long as it wasn't the day after her funeral, then she'd probably haunt you.. but it has been many years, and you don't choose who you fall in love with. If you feel there is a connection, and she feels it as well, go for it. It doesn't mean you love your wife any less.

I think this is one of those things you can't really answer unless it happens to you. Some people won't be able to move past such a loss, and others will. People are social creatures by nature, so its only natural to want to seek companionship.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusRex View Post
    I think this is one of those things you can't really answer unless it happens to you. Some people won't be able to move past such a loss, and others will. People are social creatures by nature, so its only natural to want to seek companionship.
    Very good answer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xpadamsn View Post
    I have a question and I am interested what other people have got to say on this subject.

First of all ... *SNIP*

Hey man, its always sad to hear that people who wanted to stay together longer didnt have the chance to. While there are others begging to divorce from their current 'Love'.

That said,

you probably dont share my vision, so Ill try to explain.

Souls are together for eternity, So if you find the love of your life. Or have this really great friend of a pet. Its probably because you 2 have been together Longer than you have been alive. Some of these souls Just spark up in your life and leave after a short while. While some may be around for longer. The point of these 'meetings' is, to enjoy eachother for the time that is. Enjoy each others stories, company, wisdom or perhaps sex.

As I live by such a vision (which might not be your thing) I'm giving advice that goes along with it.
    and that is, even though you want to be faithfull to your wife. I think its best to just go with the flow, If you meet a woman and you really hit it off then there is no reason not to go through with it.

If you died before your wife did, would you want her to live the rest of her days without company?

I hope you get my point!

It is clear that you are loyal and willing to give everything for your wife. But its ok to do that, while you cherish life with others.

feel free to Pm me if I'm not clear!

lots of love,

Maihden

Deleted
    God only knows, I can imagine it effects people in different ways. I'm sorry for your loss, I can't imagine how it must feel to go through that. But maybe if it feels right it feels right, and you should maybe give it another go. After all, I'm sure your wife would want you to be happy, and that's what's important, I know if I passed away I would want my other half to find love again.

But be weary, don't sell yourself short, the world isn't what it once was.

Best Wishes man.

I do believe you can. Past is past. You've still got your life ahead of you, and you shouldn't ruin your future because of your bitter past.
    I know it sounds kind of generic but i'm sure "your wife would want you to move on and live on a happy life".

It is pretty honorable that you have gone this long and I think she would respect that,But she would also want you to be happy would she not? I think that you should try and get to know the woman you are talking about at the grocery store. Goodluck friend this is a tough one <3.

Your wife is dead and gone, and you only get 1 life... what is there to lose?

(btw. i'm an Atheist aka. Realist)

id like to say no but... well one thing happens after another and all of a sudden your tardis lands in god knows when on god knows what planet and well.. stuff just happens okay @_@
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Being stubborn enough to not allow yourself to move on and find someone else is the best way to ensure you will be unhappy, nobody is saying it would be easy but it definitely could be the best thing that ever happened to you. For that reason I say yes, even if you're in the situation where you don't believe it, you should know it is true. If you allow yourself to accept that then you will be able to move on with your life and there is nothing wrong with that in the slightest.

That's how I look at it anyway.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by xpadamsn View Post

First of all I am not seeking advice but I am curious how YOU feel on this subject and what you would do.

I will tell you a little story of what happend to me and how would you feel if you had a situation similiar to mine?

My wife was the most beautiful woman I have ever met. Such caring and kind woman and I was the happiest man on earth to be so lucky.
    To Have and to Hold, 'Til Death Do Us Part
    However death comes to all of us in the end. Unfortunately some sooner than others.

Its now been six years since she passed away and I was certain I would never be able to find nor would I want to.
    When she died I felt it was the right thing to do to live by myself for the rest of my life. I felt my heart belonged to her and her only.
    And that was a personal choice I made. Its different for everyone

For six years I have not looked upon any women whatsoever in such ways other than a friend.
    However today on a completly normal day something interesting happend.
    On a normal day at the grocery store I noticed a beautiful women working as a cashier and I found it wierd. Never have i looked on a women in such a way since my wife passed.
    But I guess after a while its natural to humans to be attracted to someone else after such a long time.

She was very nice and social to the other customers but when I came up she started to touch her hair, became shy and just smiled and we got some strong eye contact.
    It was an awkard situation. Not an ''awkard social moment'' but just awkard becouse after six years I felt attracted to a woman and it wasent very hard to figure out she liked me to.

So thats that but I am not sure what I should do. I still feel obligated to stay faithful to my wife but then again theres this.

So my question is would you be able to love someone else again after your loved on passed away?
    My girlfriend was murdered on March 22, 2007 a day before my 26th birthday by a piece of shit poor excuse for a human. I found out the morning of my birthday. I thought the same as you did, but you must move on with your life. She would want that. It took me years to have feelings for someone again but it did happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I can't imagine that my sanity would survive such a loss.

I just hope I'll never be in a position to find out.

I hope you're able to find love again - life is too short so we need to spend as little of it as we can alone. Maybe you'll find that love in another person, taking up a hobby you two shared, volunteer work, etc.

My father passed away on 11/19 and I hope my mother (55 years young) is able to find something/someone to help ease the passage of time.

I just realized after I typed out my last post that the reason why I got sucked into WoW was probably due to her passing. I started playing WoW end of April 2007, and didn't really socialize with friends or go out for about 6 months after that.. I just played and played since it kept my mind off it.

edit: Hit me up in PM OP if you would ever want to chat.
    Last edited by Chingylol; 2012-11-25 at 12:15 AM.