Thread: 2012 Grey Cup

15+ Year Old Account

2012 Grey Cup

This year marks they 100th Grey Cup since 1909 and will be between The Calgary Stampeders and The Toronto Argonauts.

First of all, does anyone care? If so, who are you rooting for?

I would like to see Toronto win. We haven't had a major sports victory here since the Blue Jays won the world series back in the early 90s. Calgary has the more impressive record this season though.

Should be entertaining. Game starts tomorrow at 6:30pm EST.

Well, anyone but Calgary. I mean I would've preferred the Esks and Lions but w/evs. WHat city are they holding it in?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was cheering for Bc... thought it was going to be a sweep for them =/ but I will be cheering for Calgary, since I am going there for Uni.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Outcry View Post
    WHat city are they holding it in?
    It's being held in Toronto.

Oh cool. Well gogo toronto!

10+ Year Old Account
    Argos all the way.

I pretty much root for all T.O teams. minus the CHL(Calgary, Owen Sound and Halifax are my teams) and NFL (49ers)

10+ Year Old Account
    @ Kabookiejoez, REALLY I mean REALLY the Toronto Maple Leafs? Dude they cannot even win the Winter Classic

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    This year marks they 100th Grey Cup since 1909 and will be between The Calgary Stampeders and The Toronto Argonauts.

First of all, does anyone care? If so, who are you rooting for?

I would like to see Toronto win. We haven't had a major sports victory here since the Blue Jays won the world series back in the early 90s. Calgary has the more impressive record this season though.

Should be entertaining. Game starts tomorrow at 6:30pm EST.
    I am confused, Is it a sport? I read this 3 times and still have no idea what this entails...More info about it would be nice for us non-Canadians(?).
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I am confused, Is it a sport? I read this 3 times and still have no idea what this entails...More info about it would be nice for us non-Canadians(?).
    It's the Canadian mini-Supoerbowl.
    My dad got tickets, offered me, but I said he should take my brother. Little does he know he's going to be suffering through a Justin Bieber concert.

10+ Year Old Account
    Canadian Football League (CFL). The Grey Cup is the championship trophy.

If you are familiar with the NFL, it's basically the Canadian version. American rules football is derived from Canadian rules. Major differences being the field size (CFL is 110 yard field, but field goal kicking range is the same); 12 players per side, instead of 11 in NFL; 3 downs instead of 4; and the ball is bigger in Canadian rules.

It's a pretty small league with only 8 teams, and most teams are filled with players who couldn't make the NFL, though either the league or each team has to have a certain percentage of Canadian players. Personally, I like the CFL rules better as it makes for a more exciting game, but it's hard to beat the talent level of the NFL when it comes to North American style football.

15+ Year Old Account
    Oh sorry. I should have mentioned that. Others have explained it well. While I'm not a huge CFL fan, I'll jump on the bandwagon now since my home team is playing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dairyking101 View Post
    @ Kabookiejoez, REALLY I mean REALLY the Toronto Maple Leafs? Dude they cannot even win the Winter Classic

helps if they played in one?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't watched a full game all year, will probably tune in a couple times to see the score. If you have a chance you should def. go to the game though, CFL games are actually really fun to go to. It's like a giant party pretty much. I went to the game in Calgary a couple years ago and it was really fun. It's weird, growing up I always thought of CFL as the big professional league but as I'm older now, it's clear the NFL is just above and beyond better in terms of player skill and overall enjoyability but there's something about the CFL that's entertaining. No game is ever over unless it's a huge blowout with 3 downs and 2 timeouts. A bunch of the Stamps players work out at the gym I go to too, so it's pretty cool to see them in person often.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    Haven't watched a full game all year, will probably tune in a couple times to see the score. If you have a chance you should def. go to the game though, CFL games are actually really fun to go to. It's like a giant party pretty much. I went to the game in Calgary a couple years ago and it was really fun. It's weird, growing up I always thought of CFL as the big professional league but as I'm older now, it's clear the NFL is just above and beyond better in terms of player skill and overall enjoyability but there's something about the CFL that's entertaining. No game is ever over unless it's a huge blowout with 3 downs and 2 timeouts. A bunch of the Stamps players work out at the gym I go to too, so it's pretty cool to see them in person often.

yeah I've been to a bunch of Tigercats games since it's close by. Pretty fun in the summer, really cold around now.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 12:01 AM ----------

yay Toronto won!