Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    5.1 Rare Mobs, PvP Trinkets.

    So there will be 6 new rare mobs in 5.1. 3 Horde and 3 Alliance.

    Loot tables include three, 1 minute cooldown trinkets, only usable on Pandaria.

    One being a loss of control trinket.
    One being a +10k pvp power trinket. [that's 37.74% increase at 90, oof]
    One being a +10k res trinket.

    Other drops include an invite to the Brawlers Guild and a token for 250 honor.

    http://www.wowhead.com/news=208479/5...ck-friday-sale

    Also, it looks like they have new ability sets compared to current rares.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2012-11-21 at 09:02 PM.

  2. #2
    gonna bet it's a misinformation or datamine error, stats are way to high and will give an edge unrivaled by any legendary

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    gonna bet it's a misinformation or datamine error, stats are way to high and will give an edge unrivaled by any legendary
    Possibly, but this is specifically for world[pandaria] pvp, sooo, who knows.

    Oh and this wasn't only datamined, people have gotten them on the PTR, so says the comments.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2012-11-21 at 09:19 PM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    gonna bet it's a misinformation or datamine error, stats are way to high and will give an edge unrivaled by any legendary
    Stats on what? The trinket it 10k pvp power on use, no passive stats. The malevolent one is 1300 passive power with 300ish resil and a 5k primary stat use. Not much difference tbh the 1 min cd is really the only thing it has going for it. And its only usable in pandaria, not sure what the big deal is. Means if you get ganked in pandaria its going to hurt alot more than usual.

  5. #5
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    But they don't want to force pvpers to pve vice versa -_-

  6. #6
    They are only for Pandaria, so pvp outdoor... Just as dangerous as pvping with Raining Blood on. Heck, Raining Blood is ten times worse.
    Last edited by Espada; 2012-11-21 at 11:04 PM.

  7. #7
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,395
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't PvP Power have no effect outside of PvP zones?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  8. #8
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    im pretty sure pvp power only works in instanced pvp too?

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-21 at 11:04 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't PvP Power have no effect outside of PvP zones?
    bat me to it by seconds

  9. #9
    Afaik, only healing becomes unaffected by it, because there was no way to differentiate being healed in pvp and pve (outside restricting it to arenas and bgs).

  10. #10
    Pit Lord Adramalech's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    2,395
    Quote Originally Posted by Espada View Post
    Afaik, only healing becomes unaffected by it, because there was no way to differentiate being healed in pvp and pve (outside restricting it to arenas and bgs).
    Ah yes, seems about right. I stand corrected then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

  11. #11
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    But they don't want to force pvpers to pve vice versa -_-
    let people buy them at vendors Wpvp pretty much doesn't exist anymore unless you want to camp the enemy factions quartermasters

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Nykolas View Post
    But they don't want to force pvpers to pve vice versa -_-
    The mobs are inside the new faction bases, so they will require pvp to even get to them.

    Great idea to cause attacks on the opposing factions base.

  13. #13
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    The mobs are inside the new faction bases, so they will require pvp to even get to them.

    Great idea to cause attacks on the opposing factions base.
    Ooohhh sounds sweet, i went from disliking to liking in one post, this should be a great incentive to Wpvp, if its true if only the trinket worked in BGs would be hilarious one shotting people with all that pvp power

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    The mobs are inside the new faction bases, so they will require pvp to even get to them.

    Great idea to cause attacks on the opposing factions base.
    That.... is awesome!

  15. #15
    Herald of the Titans Hanto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida!
    Posts
    2,961
    o.O I think healing in world PvP works with PvP power. I'll certainly check it tonight to make sure, but I'm pretty sure I was healing for my normal amount when my friends and I were causing a ruckus in STV last week.

  16. #16
    Dreadlord Nykolas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Birmingham UK
    Posts
    852
    Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    That.... is awesome!
    agreed /10char

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by thisnamesucks View Post
    Stats on what? The trinket it 10k pvp power on use, no passive stats. The malevolent one is 1300 passive power with 300ish resil and a 5k primary stat use. Not much difference tbh the 1 min cd is really the only thing it has going for it. And its only usable in pandaria, not sure what the big deal is. Means if you get ganked in pandaria its going to hurt alot more than usual.
    Provided link didn't (and isn't) working for me so i had no clue it was on use. If it's for world PvP then i don't care really, for arena it still would be overboard for some heavy burst classes.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    Provided link didn't (and isn't) working for me so i had no clue it was on use. If it's for world PvP then i don't care really, for arena it still would be overboard for some heavy burst classes.
    Works just fine for me on multiple comps. Just go to wowhead.com and check it out.

  19. #19
    Pandaren Monk
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1,865
    I can't realy see that those trinkets would be better than the honor/Conquest trinkets to be honest, dosn't say how long those trinket procs last though. But the lack of passive stats... hmm... That means that when the trinket is on a CD you got a trinket or two with NO use. Though 1 min aint much, you pretty much have to kill your target before the proc wears off.

    Other than that - I LOVE THIS! I've missed Wpvp since the epic SS vs TM battles back in Vanilla! After that only Isle of Quel Danas was the only place with some Wpvp and "legit" ganking.
    Hope it will work out, and not end up like a wpve encounter where horde dont give shit about alliance attacking their base and vise versa.. (Free epixxxx omgs....! >.<)
    Art is a long and tedious journy, and still so worth it.

    Instagram
    Facebook-Art page

  20. #20
    Things like this plus the rest of legenday quest will be great for wpvp.

    I welcome this changes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •