1. #1

    formula of damage for warrior spell

    Hi,

    I'm making a sheets to evaluate the dammage my spell can perform. But i'm having problem about damage formula.
    Hope some of you will be able to help. Thx in advance

    1st problem

    HS = 110% weapon damage + 549

    wich number i have to take for weapon dammage ? i believe its not just [13608 - 2043] i see on my H Starshatter

    2nd problem

    i i put my mouse over my PA i see : increase DPS by 2462
    my weapons OH and MH dps are : 4725
    But i see in my ingame character information :
    DPS 8233 for MH (different than 4725+2462 =7187)
    DPS 5145 for my OH, still different from 7187

    3rd problem

    by wich % the OH damage is lower than the MH. I can't find where it is said that our OH should do less damage.

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Requiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ
    Posts
    484
    1. the number is the average of the weapon damage (top end + bottom end /2) on the weapon and not the character screen.
    WoW's tool tips are deceiving, and almost all abilities use normalised weapon damage to prevent massive scaling on slow weapons. the formula for abilities is as follows (weapon damage + ap/14 * Normalised weapon speed + base damage) * modifiers. normalised weapon speed is 2.4 for one handers and 3.3 for two handers. base damage is the +"random number", un-equip your weapons before reading off the tool tip for this value.

    2. If I understand correctly you asking why weapon damage is higher in the character screen? If so its because AP adds weapon damage and spec modifiers.
    3. off hands suffer a 50% damage reduction.
    not all modifiers for abilities and weapon damage are multiplicative and not additive.
    Last edited by Requiel; 2012-11-24 at 01:24 AM.

  3. #3
    Thx for your answers. Do you know where i can find the blizard source for those formula ?

    Even with your help i can't manage to obtain the damage on my character screen with excell.

    unbuff i have:
    34472 AP
    base damage 105 - 106 with 2.00 speed (52.56 dps on my character screen) ( i got those by getting naked)
    weapon OH and MH : 13608 - 20413 ; 3.6 speed ; 4725 dps

    to find aproximatively the same damage as ingame i have to fix the modifiers to 100%*1.134 for Main Hand and 50%*1.134*1.25 for Off Hand. (I am TG at the moment)

    I think I'm doing something something wrong ...
    If you want to have a look at my armory : eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/krasus/Sarosnar/advanced

  4. #4
    Stood in the Fire Requiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarosnar View Post
    Thx for your answers. Do you know where i can find the blizard source for those formula ?

    Even with your help i can't manage to obtain the damage on my character screen with excell.

    unbuff i have:
    34472 AP
    base damage 105 - 106 with 2.00 speed (52.56 dps on my character screen) ( i got those by getting naked)
    weapon OH and MH : 13608 - 20413 ; 3.6 speed ; 4725 dps

    to find aproximatively the same damage as ingame i have to fix the modifiers to 100%*1.134 for Main Hand and 50%*1.134*1.25 for Off Hand. (I am TG at the moment)

    I think I'm doing something something wrong ...
    If you want to have a look at my armory : eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/krasus/Sarosnar/advanced
    there isn't a source for the formula, maybe it was in the patch notes when it was changed in 1.x (can't remember when).
    the damage on the character screen only applies to auto attacks so for starshatter it would be =((((13608+20412)/2)+(34472/14)*3.6)*1.1)/3.6
    Auto attacks do not have normalised weapon damage (should really be called normalised weapon speed).
    The base damage only applies to abilities and it will show it on the tooltip.
    Last edited by Requiel; 2012-11-24 at 04:04 AM.

  5. #5
    Requiel your information are gold to me
    For someone who don't know anything about that normalised weapon damage (furthermore which does not apply to AA !), Its very hard to simulate it.

    Finaly i manage to get aproximatively the same dps in my character page with the following formula :

    (((13608 + 20413)/2 +(34472/14)*3.6 + (105+106)/2))*1.1)/3.46
    It differ a little from what you've just write. I had the base damage and divide all of that by the current speed (depending on haste). Seems ok for you ?

    If i followed everything to calculate average spell damage i have to use the following formula as weapon damage :

    normalized average damage = ((13608 + 20413)/2 +(34472/14)*3.3 +(105+106)/2))*mod
    (with mod = 1 for MH and 0.5*0.25 = 0.63 for OH)

    And to calculate my average HS damage i have to do :
    normalized average damage * 110% + 549

  6. #6
    Stood in the Fire Requiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarosnar View Post
    Requiel your information are gold to me
    For someone who don't know anything about that normalised weapon damage (furthermore which does not apply to AA !), Its very hard to simulate it.

    Finaly i manage to get aproximatively the same dps in my character page with the following formula :

    (((13608 + 20413)/2 +(34472/14)*3.6 + (105+106)/2))*1.1)/3.46
    It differ a little from what you've just write. I had the base damage and divide all of that by the current speed (depending on haste). Seems ok for you ?

    If i followed everything to calculate average spell damage i have to use the following formula as weapon damage :

    normalized average damage = ((13608 + 20413)/2 +(34472/14)*3.3 +(105+106)/2))*mod
    (with mod = 1 for MH and 0.5*0.25 = 0.63 for OH)

    And to calculate my average HS damage i have to do :
    normalized average damage * 110% + 549
    I don't have haste on my gear so I overlooked the end divider, Also I didnt know AA had base on it, but what you have is great.
    The base damage for abilities is displayed on the tooltip and is not the AA base damage. so on heroic strike its 549 for 2h and 769 for 1H, ability base damage is affected by modifiers. so the formula for heroic strike would be = ((13608 + 20413)/2 +(34472/14)*3.3 +549)*1.1. if you want to do averages with crit all would need to do is add (non crit chance + crit chance * 2.06) for example with 25 crit chance is would be =(0.75+0.25*2.06). If you want to add Armour damage reduction just add *0.665 in the modifiers

  7. #7
    Thx again for your help !

    Its ok for the formula damage. As you told, could be great to add crit & armor reduction. For crit i just don't understand the 2.06 ? Crit damage i more than 100% bonus damage ?
    About armor reduction, 0.665 means 12% armor reduction ? Do you know where i can find some information about armor reduction. I don't like to put "0.665" in my sheets whithout full understanding of what i'm writing.

  8. #8
    Stood in the Fire Requiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    ɐıןɐɹʇsnɐ
    Posts
    484
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarosnar View Post
    Thx again for your help !

    Its ok for the formula damage. As you told, could be great to add crit & armor reduction. For crit i just don't understand the 2.06 ? Crit damage i more than 100% bonus damage ?
    About armor reduction, 0.665 means 12% armor reduction ? Do you know where i can find some information about armor reduction. I don't like to put "0.665" in my sheets whithout full understanding of what i'm writing.
    .06 is from the meta gem (1.03*2), the 0.665 is 33.5% damage reduction, this includes the sunders armors. = (Armor / ([467.5 * Enemy_Level] + Armor - 22167.5)) * 100 is the formula for armor reduction, the armor for a level 93 mob is 24835.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •