DELL XPS L521X - marriage or a car crash?

What about this one then? Anyone have it? I've been reading some stuff online about wifi issues and throttling/overheating during gaming, that may have been solved / be about to be solved by BIOS updates. Anyone know if the issues have been sorted yet? Basically I need a laptop good for gaming and the office.

Here's a sample review:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-...k.80033.0.html

That is extremely overpriced and underpowered even for general gaming. Office wise its insanely overpriced.

http://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Batta..._Gaming_Laptop

Not sure what you mean by "general gaming" but I run WoW & Diablo 3 on ultra on its predecessor no problem.

It may be over-priced. But find me, in your view, a decent-specced gaming laptop that doesn't look like a thinkpad on steroids. It's not so easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow on ultra with atleast 45 FPS at what resolution?

AA?
    Multisampling?
    Shadows?

If all of them are maxed, then you may call me the queen of England.
    i7-6700k 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GTX 980 | 16GB Kingston HyperX | Intel 750 Series SSD 400GB | Corsair H100i | Noctua IndustialPPC
    ASUS PB298Q 4K | 2x QNIX QH2710 | CM Storm Rapid w/ Reds | Zowie AM | Schiit Stack w/ Sennheiser HD8/Antlion Modmic

Armory

Deleted
    My partner has this laptop and it's pretty damn nice though she got it second hand and cheap she gets an avg fps of 45-50 in wow ultra bar the shadows...

ahhh after looking this has slightly higher spec, she has the base model with the i5
    Last edited by mmoc8d9a66b0a0; 2012-11-24 at 10:13 PM.

Deleted
    1650 euro? omg for that price i can get the new asus laptop with the same speccs and swap buy a 258gb ssd and still have 400 euro's spare. (do note they were on sale over here the past week(s))