Glyph of Dark Soul (Speculation)

I know it's been discussed to the ends of the earth but it seems that Paragons Warlock was using it at the time of their World First Sha kill.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/verdisha/advanced

Verdisha is using AV/Glyph of Dark Soul 2 things I mostly see written off by most top warlocks. Can anyone shed some light on what might be going on?

Edit: Space in the link

Quote Originally Posted by sickestnerdchills View Post
    I know it's been discussed to the ends of the earth but it seems that Paragons Warlock was using it at the time of their World First Sha kill.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/lightnings-blade/verdisha/advanced

Verdisha is using AV/Glyph of Dark Soul 2 things I mostly see written off by most top warlocks. Can anyone shed some light on what might be going on?

Edit: Space in the link
    If there's lot of raid damage or periods of high single-target damage on the warlock I wouldn't doubt AV would be most beneficial.

If there's periods where you absolutely need more non-cd damage then I wouldn't doubt that the glyph would be useful either.

Most warlocks don't have a high opinion of either of them, doesn't mean they don't have their uses.

only reason i can imagine using glyph of dark soul is that he needed to hold his cooldown for a big dps burst phase (probably when he got off the platform with the fearless buff)

he also doesn't have 4piece yet (neither do i, so i feel his pain) so i imagine with 4piece the glyph won't be necessary

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    If there's lot of raid damage or periods of high single-target damage on the warlock I wouldn't doubt AV would be most beneficial.

If there's periods where you absolutely need more non-cd damage then I wouldn't doubt that the glyph would be useful either.

Most warlocks don't have a high opinion of either of them, doesn't mean they don't have their uses.
    From what everyone has said Glyph of Dark Soul is never a dps increase. I just find it interesting when the top tier players go out of the box when a fight is that hard. Maybe we can find more uses for these abilities,

I've said it before and basically just got dismissed, that the glyph could have uses in certain instances.

Feel somewhat vindicated now, but always the chance this lock switched to this glyph after the fight ... some top guilds will try to mask techniques so as to not give hints to strategy. Not saying they'd do this, just that it's within the realm of possibility.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by sickestnerdchills View Post
    From what everyone has said Glyph of Dark Soul is never a dps increase. I just find it interesting when the top tier players go out of the box when a fight is that hard. Maybe we can find more uses for these abilities,
    Overall DPS increase. As in, you use it on cooldown and you'll do more damage over the course of a fight than if you did everything the same, than you would using the glyph. That being said, if you have to hold your cooldown because there is a burst phase with a damage boost where you can use it once, but you can't use it again before the burst, using the glyph could be better. (I believe a number I saw floating around was using it after 2:30 is a dps gain)

Keep in mind that Manni had posted he had purposely logged out in a different spec, compete with different reforge, during Ragnaros progression, to throw off people copying armories.

I won't doubt it if Verdisha found a use for the glyph, but just keep in mind he might also be doing what I said above.

Everytime I see this glyph, I imagine it just saying "prepare to die" as a subtext.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

It makes sense if you know how the Sha of Fear fight works, if you assume it turns out the DPS check on the add platforms on heroic is so hard that it can't be met without DS. Since it's entirely random who's chosen for the cackle, if you're holding your DS for that it can end up being held for a long period of time. In such a situation using the glyph will provide more consistent DPS than not using it.
    http://wowupgrade.com/ - instant gear comparison for all classes / specs

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Keep in mind that Manni had posted he had purposely logged out in a different spec, compete with different reforge, during Ragnaros progression, to throw off people copying armories.

I won't doubt it if Verdisha found a use for the glyph, but just keep in mind he might also be doing what I said above.
    I'd could see this. But that said, just because the lock in paragon is doing it doesn't mean it's going to be good for your average raiding lock. Remember, these guys are going into these fights undergeared. By the time the majority of raiders hits H Sha, they'll be geared to the teeth. Remember when Paragon's locks used Sorrowsong for H Rag? They need to squeeze out everything they can. And they are pretty creative.

So I wouldn't use this as validation for using the glyph.

In addition, look at the demo glyphs. Completely empty.

I don't know how the new phase looks like, but I wouldn't throw away that possibility. (even though, it does not match the reforge/gemming)

Quote Originally Posted by Gobuchul View Post
    It makes sense if you know how the Sha of Fear fight works, if you assume it turns out the DPS check on the add platforms on heroic is so hard that it can't be met without DS. Since it's entirely random who's chosen for the cackle, if you're holding your DS for that it can end up being held for a long period of time. In such a situation using the glyph will provide more consistent DPS than not using it.
    This is what gets me, I'd assume if it were legit it would be for Phase 1 (since Phase 2 doesn't seem to have any obvious mechanics that make you hold your DS). But you have to clear Phase 1 to get to Phase 2, and once you do you get a 15% haste buff for Phase 1 anyway, meaning you wouldn't have that tight of a DPS check anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Remember when Paragon's locks used Sorrowsong for H Rag?
    Well, even if we killed it a HUUUUUGE time later that the top guilds, i used Sorrowong/MWC for all our kills, just to be ensure that our meteor phase went as fast as possible...

Sooooo even if top guilds have to do inovative things to beat it with high skill, us lowbies with lower skills (and maybe better gear at the time we reach the same boss) might have to use the same tricks they used to compensate the lack of performance / organisation and reliable gameplay.
    Last edited by mmoc79483d36b0; 2012-11-27 at 03:43 PM. Reason: typos