Deleted

Discussion about the HTC One X +

67% faster?...

The normal One X doesn't even have Jelly Bean.

Besides, the blue tint on the + REALLY is a turn off.

The + is barely faster, sometimes is it noticeable but that is with web browsing only.

I do like the red buttons though!

What do you feel? Worth it or not?

Also a question: I am a little interested in overclocking my One X. Any idea how to do that? I see some people managed to do it on an American One X. I have the European.
    Last edited by BicycleMafioso; 2012-11-25 at 04:32 AM.

I editted the title and your Opening Post to look less slanted; I thought this was a better alternative than to just close it.
    A less opinionated opening is most often better to invite discussion rather than to try to feed a pre-determined thought for people to refute.

Deleted
    Well alright, I think it's ok.

Trying to root my phone atm, really want to overclock it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    Well alright, I think it's ok.

Trying to root my phone atm, really want to overclock it.
    I really don't see a point in overclocking a quad-core (or even dual-core) phones, they already have enough power to hold their own weight. It only decreases your battery life and causes heat issues in most cases.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I really don't see a point in overclocking a quad-core (or even dual-core) phones, they already have enough power to hold their own weight. It only decreases your battery life and causes heat issues in most cases.
    There is no point but I merely want to try it, see for myself, experiment etc.

If you're rooted you can use pretty much any overclocking app, provided the kernel supports overclocking. If it doesn't you'll have to flash a kernel that does.

Deleted
    Damn. SetCPU is only for dualcore.

Want to buy CPUBooster but GoogleWallet....don't have a creditcard it can be used with man.... only a Maestro

EDIT: Found some free apps but I think I have to flash the kernel. 1500Mhz is max. :/
    Last edited by mmoc13485c3c3f; 2012-11-25 at 06:07 AM.

Dude, overclocking a phone CPU ( A quad core, nontheless) is next to pointless, it's much more intuitive to undervolt . either way, it's nice that the ONE X +'s battery is compatible with the one X. Overclocking would be feasable if it was a single core that didnt run android well, like the first droid or the HD2, but on the one X, it's mostly a waste of time, effort, battery power and so fourth.

Rooting would be the best idea in your case, honestly!
    "Marketing is what you do when your product is no good."

Quote Originally Posted by coolkingler1 View Post
    EDIT: Found some free apps but I think I have to flash the kernel. 1500Mhz is max. :/
    Yep, need to find a kernel that supports overclocking. Download ClockworkMod Recovery and there should be a kernel on XDA-Developers that supports overclocking/undervolting.

On the subject of underclocking/overclocking.

Based on my experience of rooting a number of different Android phones - similar to overclocking a CPU, each person is very likely to encounter a different experience based on how conservative or aggressive they are with the settings.

On my old Galaxy Nexus, I simply accepted the "defaults" from a particular ROM that I flashed. This ROM offers a choice of clock settings, "conservative" and some others I couldn't remember. So I chose "conservative" and you know what would happen?

The phone would hang. And by that, I don't mean a soft hang, where you can End Task a misbehaving app. I mean a hard hang, where not even holding down the power button would do anything at all. And if you left the phone alone, you could feel it heating up FAST. I had no choice but to pop the back cover off and yank the battery.

I sold the Galaxy Nexus off and had the HTC One X since earlier this year. I did root it and tried some Jellybean ROMs from XDA, but once again I ran into the situation that I've encountered every time I flash a new ROM - and that is quality control. Because each developer is doing these out of their own free time, they are simply not going to be able to adequately test everything. And all too often, the essentials are compromised(camera, camcorder, even oddities like the weather app not working properly).

And before you say "well I don't have any problems", well, each person uses their phone differently and in a different manner. I want stability over almost all else and as a result I've become a little jaded after flashing and testing a few dozen different ROMs.