Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ...
6
14
15
16
17
LastLast
  1. #301
    You can compare, but you can't declare a winner until we face each other!
    There are a lot of tracks in this world and they don't all have the same track record!

  2. #302
    I see your point about 10s and 25s, and you have swayed my opinion to match yours.

    ... said no one ever
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  3. #303
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I see your point about 10s and 25s, and you have swayed my opinion to match yours.

    ... said no one ever
    I see your point.

  4. #304
    this thred begs the question for me
    "hwere is the guy now who thaught blood legion is awsome?"

  5. #305
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Amsterdam
    Posts
    148
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Heres a better Olypmic analogy even though analogy's never work out.

    I run the 100 meter against 24 other people and my time is 45 seconds.
    You run 100 meter race against 9 other people and your time is 40 seconds.
    I am obviously the better 100 meter runner right?
    Shame raiding isn't just about running in a straight line, more so about 24 or 9 other people that are able to make mistakes, which is what humans do after all.

  6. #306
    Mechagnome esoterickk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    720
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I see your point about 10s and 25s, and you have swayed my opinion to match yours.

    ... said no one ever
    Hahaha. Pretty much sums it up perfectly.

    Grats to Paragon, they're truly beasts and have proven it time and time again. Same goes for Method getting the kill not long after; mad props to both guilds and well deserved kills.

  7. #307
    It was said paragon gave their strat to method as soon as they killed it in order for method to beat blood legion

  8. #308
    The Patient Rupture91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    In the mountains....
    Posts
    227
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy View Post
    World first - First guild to kill it.
    I'm no Paragon Fanboy or anything but it's obvious that they killed it first.
    They had no competition in 25man either throughout Cataclysm until the very last tier(DS) in which they lost.
    Well they lost the overall race because of the LFR fiasco/bans, but they were the quickest to clear it on HC.. so they technically won =P (just not in the standings)
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

  9. #309
    Quote Originally Posted by kpowell03 View Post
    It was said paragon gave their strat to method as soon as they killed it in order for method to beat blood legion
    Until we see videos of Paragon's and Method's kills, this is just a rumor (and even then, it'd be hard to prove unless Paragon and Method admit it). I won't even address why anyone would circulate something as such.

    (also btw, not at all trying to imply you're saying this is the case -- I'm responding to this idea, not to you)
    --
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Toy Train Set has been temporarily disabled.

  10. #310
    it's kind of a shame that every single w1 thread has to be locked because people on this site cannot restrain themselves from arguing over 10 v 25m like youtube commenters. grats paragon, by far the best 10m guild in the world and grats method on w1 25man.

  11. #311
    Just wanted to say: Thank you for all the GZ!

    For the people who whined about the Sha of Fear "nerfs". This boss would have been unkillable for this tier and for the next tier too. NO amount of gear would made difference since you would have needed ONLY 280k dps each dps player in raid to down the boss with our tactic (10man). They fixed the spawn rate of adds and reduced the amount of sha spike damage by 66%~. Just saying they weren't nerfs they were fixes, there is difference. There was also other bugs in this encounter which are fixed now. Also ppl in top guild needs to take vacation for the progress raids. Would be rather harsh penalty to all of us who play on top teams, if they would just leave the bugs there and would not fix them. Progression raids are rather stressfull enviroments as them selves.

    NO. We did not give our starts to method in order to get 25 man kill to eu. The encounter differs a lot in p2 on 10 and 25 man. So even if we would have given them our tactics, they would have gained nothing out of it because they need to use different kind of start in 25.
    Last edited by deva; 2012-11-26 at 09:58 AM.

  12. #312
    I guess there should be one possible solution of this situation. Blizzard should host a kind of championship, with minor/major prizes, for the 1st guild to clear last boss of each tier on hardest mode possible. Therefore the competition would be centered about doing certain task in lowest amount of time - just like any competition. This would close the topic of "10 vs 25" once and for all, because in order to win this guilds would choose the way that suits them more - more player-requiring 10s or more difficult to coordinate 25s.

    Right now no one really knows which one is bigger, harder, badder or more challenging. And it leads to bullshit discussions like this one.

  13. #313
    GZ paragon WF as expected

    Method beat BL stop moaning about it EU just better ha
    Last edited by Dean137; 2012-11-26 at 09:21 AM.

  14. #314
    Quote Originally Posted by deva View Post
    Just wanted to say: Thank you for all the GZ!

    NO. We did not give our starts to method in order to get 25 man kill to eu. The encounter differs a lot in p2 on 10 and 25 man. So even if we would have given them our tactics, they would have gained nothing out of it because they need to use different kind of start in 25.
    i would kinda have wished it to be true tho, some european solidarity would have been nice in this day and age and this economy, but it is a competition and the phases differ so there wouldnt have been a point.

    in any case, another grats coming paragon's way from me.

  15. #315
    Congrats on the achievement, as usual the "finnish touch" finished first :-)

    I really hope they can gather a 25 man roster some time soon, because i like the way they do things in this game.

    I mean, they are efficient, with style and very little over-communication, and even better, very few if no taunting.

    /bow

  16. #316
    Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    , very few if no taunting.
    usso taunta!

  17. #317
    Quote Originally Posted by deva View Post
    NO. We did not give our starts to method in order to get 25 man kill to eu. The encounter differs a lot in p2 on 10 and 25 man. So even if we would have given them our tactics, they would have gained nothing out of it because they need to use different kind of start in 25.
    Especially dedicated to those that would like to consider this as "one race".

    It is an opinion from an expert that would convince me of this, but quite obviously the opinions of the experts either imply that this is not "one race", or just say it outloud like Mani again from Paragon at MsV world first discussion.
    Thanks you for going through the time to explain the "why a fix, not a nerf" issues with the given encounter. Thank you for pointing out that the tactic in phase 2 is different to debate that it wouldnt even be usefull to share your tactic with Method, besides the obvious that you didn't. "The encounter differs a lot in p2 on 10 and 25" is convincing enough to a casual raider and spectator of this huge race to consider the obvious. They are two different things, there are two different races.

    Big gratz for your accomplishment!

  18. #318
    Would love for these "lol10man" players to link their mains, or their guilds. I can hazard a guess they are in 25 man guilds struggling on Stone Guard normal.

    10 man is just as, if not, more challenging than 25 man. Now grow up and take your ignorance elsewhere.

  19. #319
    Dreadlord Outofmana's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    876
    Ppl saying Paragon won are forgetting that they gear themselves in 25man whereas the proper 25man teams don't have the luxury to gear themselves in 40mans where more loot drops. So Paragon are disqualifying themselves from 10man by gearing in 25 imo.

  20. #320
    To anyone saying this tier is too easy blah blah blah you are aware these people who get world firsts do nothing but play wow for 16 hours a day during progression? It seems easy but the average even decent guild raiding 12 hours a week wont clear it for months due to simple time constraints. Any keyboard warrior sat going "ermahgerd so ez" is simply a fool! If you want to go level 5 level 90s in 1 week and gear them all up clearing 16 boss's 5 times a week AND wipe 200+ times on boss's im pretty sure you wouldnt be calling the world first easy :P Gz to paragon for getting world first im looking forward to seeing the amount of wipes when it finally updates! :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •