View Poll Results: Do you obey rude divas in LFR/LFD?

Voters
130. This poll is closed
  • Always

5 3.85%
  • Yes, if I was going to do it anyway

20 15.38%
  • Sometimes

11 8.46%
  • Rarely

24 18.46%
  • Never!

70 53.85%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    I frigging loathe speed demons. 85% of the time it's the tank, 10% of the time it's the damned healer, and 5% of the time it's another DPS. "Hey, we can skip trash and make it evade and bug out and have no fun at all if we run our asses off."

Why? Why hurry at all? Dungeons are the one thing in wow that is fun!

1. Dailies are damned sure not fun.
    2. BGs could be fun I guess.
    3. Maybe arenas.
    4. Non-daily questing - something you do to reach max level.
    5. Pet battles? Someday on a PVE server maybe, f'n not on my gank happy griefer ridden CRZ diseased cess-pool of a realm.
    6. LFR - that's worth hurrying through because of the people.

What does that leave? Dungeons. So let's be sure to hurry through dungeons like our asses are all on fire and ruin the one thing that I still enjoy in this sold-out f'd up game. Remember folks, CRZ is fun!(TM)
    Yes dungeons are so much fun!!!

Guildies and I usually hold off dps so we can savour the experience for as long as possible. It sure beats running through them quickly in the hope that pulling half the instance will improve skill somewhat.

Deleted
    if someone is being rude cause they dont have much time and cause of that is insulting the rest of the group. ill go the extra mile too make the run even longer.

however if they just mention it and ask politely if the group could step it up slightly so he/she can finish it before a certain time. i gladly put in some more effort too get this done

I can understand if you get upset when people start calling you names, but I personally just don't give a damn about your petty emotions and just want to finish the dungeon. Because newsflash: everyone is rude when they have anonymity. It's just utterly pointless to have some kind of righteous crusade against mean people in a dungeon, especially as a tank since you're just wasting everybodys time on something as trivial as someone saying "go". You seem so self absorbed and seem to think you have authority over the rest of the group just because you're the tank. Well guess what, more than half of the time, my groups won't need you, because I can just heal whatever melee DPS capable of taking your role instead until we find a replacement for you. You're serving as nothing but a roadblock to our goal of beating the dungeon once you start having your thumbs up your own ass and refuse to do anything until you get votekicked, or bored watching us killing the next 3 bosses without your help. Because really, once you stop doing your job, you're not any better than anyone who ever insulted you for being "slow". Having the whole group suffer because of one idiot is such elementary school bullshit, and I don't like it.
    Last edited by Whiskra; 2012-11-25 at 12:19 PM.

Problem is, if someone is a jerk/drama queen/diva etc. With talking rude or saying something rude. It aaaaaaalways ends up badly, because like you said, you planned to do the dungeon fast, then someone said "go fast", then you decided to go slow just to annoy him. But what you dont know when you do things like this "go slow /sit down afk to annoy 1 person/refuse to tank/refuse to heal "that person"/refuse to ress "that person"/ just being a jerk to another jerk ETC, is that you are the biggest jerk to the 3 other people in your group, the people who did nothing, you just wasted their time.
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Deleted
    If they say something that is true i will adhere to it.
    If they say something that is false i will ignore it.

Just pissing someone off because they pissed me off is dumb and the reason games like league of legends are such a pain to play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer, as a tank, to make them wait. As the Pandaren say: "Slow down!"

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone tells me to go faster at level 90, I make sure to go as SLOOOOOOOOOOOOWLY as possible. That means, single pack pulls, make sure healer is at 90%+ mana for trash, 100% for bosses, that sort of stuff. They tend to get annoyed and leave. And then I go back to 1 pull from boss to boss and ignoring healers (Overgeared DK's are OP)

Deleted
    Depends, really. If I'm in a good mood I just let it pass. But if I've had a bad day and I'm feeling pissed off? Damn, they can wait a few minutes.
    It's also the way people ask these things. If they bluntly curse and tell to go fast, maybe even insult, then I'm not tolerating that. If people state in a polite manner that they're in a hurry and they'd like to clear the place before their time run out, I take the suggestion in a lot better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kane49 View Post
    If they say something that is true i will adhere to it.
    If they say something that is false i will ignore it.

Just pissing someone off because they pissed me off is dumb and the reason games like league of legends are such a pain to play.
    I'm just gonna speak for myself here, but I get dungeons done in less than 15 minutes normally. I pull plenty fast. If someone wants a fast run, then they shut up, do dps and everything will go by much faster. If they feel like telling me I should be fast, they have no right to complain when I don't do it. If a healer tells me I can pull more (normally doesn't happen, I usually get told to pull less), then sure I'll pull more if I can, but if a DPS does it (and the people who usually do it are the people who can't do more than 20k on bosses), then no way.

Whats up with everyone taking offense to pulling to slowly, or taking something some random dps says so personally?

I really don't care if people want to speed things up in a dungeon, just do as best and efficient as I can and collect the valor.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormgnoef View Post
    if i got person like that in my group i sure take my time to pull and i just say dont join lfd if you dont got time for it .
    I dont even do that,

for example, about three weeks ago I decided to start my dk, decided I would level as blood, got into one instance the group was fine went smoothly, decided I would go specific to get the quests from the other one, so by the time I entered this fresh run, picked up my quests, the hunter had already started pulling the hoizen you need to kill, you know the one with 49 count w/e it is,

Well, I knew that the group would be fine with one or two of them, so I politely said, "I'm just picking up these two quests, would you mind waiting 20 seconds and I'll do the pulling" needless to say I got a gob full from the hunter for wasting time, and being a shit tank,

So, normally at this point I reply in kind, as I don't give to much of a shit what I say ingame, but I decided to do it slightly different,

First I pointed out, that in the time he'd gone off on a rant, I would of picked up the quests, and caught up and been in the middle of pulling trash,
    Then I pointed out he spelled arse wrong, and it was actually a donkey if you spelled it as ass,
    Then I told him I don't appreciate people being half cocked eyed retarded seals (alas my favorite insult when trolling)
    Then I told him, time arguing in game with him, or time spent doing this dungeon is time wasted either way, so I was in no rush,

He told me to leave then, so I said I have a better idea, I'm coming up to you guys now,

Got up there, and as it happens, I had a lot of my non combat items on me, like my picnic umbrella, so I set it up and a safe distance with a few other things, watched while the hunter cursed with caps locks on, and followed by pulling the boss, they wiped at 6%, I just sat there chatting some shit in /s

Anyways 15 minutes were up, and ofc I got booted, didn't bother me, I had a good laugh,

so I requed for the same dungeon as I just wanted to do each dungeon once for the quests, and what do I get, exactly the same group who just booted me, I lol'd hard and proceeded to antogonise this hunter, I sat down again and watched as he was full on caps lock type all sorts of shit, he pulled they all died again, he left the group, and I said, right now that, that moron has gone, I'll do it right, and we cleared the place

I should add I wisped the two dps and healer to apologize that I wasn't going to move, the healer wasn't impressed, but the two dps thought it was hilarious as well

but yea, I have no time for any body in lfd that tries to push my buttons
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    I can understand if you get upset when people start calling you names, but I personally just don't give a damn about your petty emotions and just want to finish the dungeon. Because newsflash: everyone is rude when they have anonymity.
    Well then enjoy your language report and vote kick.

Annoys the hell out of me when people at the start of dungeons say "I've only got 10 minutes before I have to pick the kids up" etc. If you know you have to leave within a quick period of time why bother even queuing up?

Same goes with people who queue up and then when it pops they give the "BRB 5 mins, just got to do something".

As to rude people in LFR.... Generally the 'rude' people are actually asking for the mechanics to be done properly and are just trying to get through to the mouthbreathers in the group. I treat LFR as another raid, but not because LFR is overly serious, but because stuffing up in LFR can lead to lengthy runs and a lot of sitting around. Get it done right, and get out of there. I'm pretty much always doing the right thing in LFR so by proxy I'm doing what those 'rude' people are saying I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskra View Post
    I can understand if you get upset when people start calling you names, but I personally just don't give a damn about your petty emotions and just want to finish the dungeon. Because newsflash: everyone is rude when they have anonymity. It's just utterly pointless to have some kind of righteous crusade against mean people in a dungeon, especially as a tank since you're just wasting everybodys time on something as trivial as someone saying "go". You seem so self absorbed and seem to think you have authority over the rest of the group just because you're the tank. Well guess what, more than half of the time, my groups won't need you, because I can just heal whatever melee DPS capable of taking your role instead until we find a replacement for you. You're serving as nothing but a roadblock to our goal of beating the dungeon once you start having your thumbs up your own ass and refuse to do anything until you get votekicked, or bored watching us killing the next 3 bosses without your help. Because really, once you stop doing your job, you're not any better than anyone who ever insulted you for being "slow". Having the whole group suffer because of one idiot is such elementary school bullshit, and I don't like it.
    Wrong on some levels, not everyone is rude with anonymity. Most dungeons I have run are with good players or silent ones, very rarely do I get a person who is rude/mean, so having a righteous crusade against mean people in a dungeon is perfectly acceptable. Also realize this, if the other players in the group dislike the way the tank is pulling they can all vote kick or stand back and watch him die.

Honestly, you seem to be the type of player most people dislike. Just reading your post and comparing it to others it just seems like you have a vendetta against anyone slowly your group down. You would rather be in a group of jerks all cursing/needing on everything possible if it allows you to be done faster.

If I were in your position OP, I would continue pulling as fast as possible because that is how I am. I love to pull fast and get big groups so we can aoe everything down. Everything is a speed run since I have no clue about the time restraints of everyone and nothing bad can come from a speed run which isn't crazy (pulling more than your group can handle). HOWEVER, if a player insists on being a jerk I can and will need on any and everything that player needs. As a protection paladin/demo warlock (By bringing a plate friend along I have tanked all heroics fine <3) and I will need on anything possible if the player is a jerk. By doing this I get the run done fast for the other players in the group while getting back at the asshole of our group :3 To date, I have yet to be vote kicked since LFD/LFR have come out so come at me haters!

Normally I try to keep things moving along at a steady pace but i'd probably have taken a bit more time over each pull because of that guys attitude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    I frigging loathe speed demons. 85% of the time it's the tank, 10% of the time it's the damned healer, and 5% of the time it's another DPS. "Hey, we can skip trash and make it evade and bug out and have no fun at all if we run our asses off."

Why? Why hurry at all? Dungeons are the one thing in wow that is fun!

1. Dailies are damned sure not fun.
    2. BGs could be fun I guess.
    3. Maybe arenas.
    4. Non-daily questing - something you do to reach max level.
    5. Pet battles? Someday on a PVE server maybe, f'n not on my gank happy griefer ridden CRZ diseased cess-pool of a realm.
    6. LFR - that's worth hurrying through because of the people.

What does that leave? Dungeons. So let's be sure to hurry through dungeons like our asses are all on fire and ruin the one thing that I still enjoy in this sold-out f'd up game. Remember folks, CRZ is fun!(TM)
    And what makes dungeons fun? Running them as fast as humanly possible. Outside of challenge modes too.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2012-11-25 at 02:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    When I encounter a person like that I go absolutely out of my way to piss them off.
    Pretty much the same here.

Deleted
    Just ignore fools and do what you always do.

Deleted
    "move ur ass monkey bitc.h"
    What a sad attempt to bypass the profanity filter. As if it's enabled to begin with.

My god, I am vengeful when it comes to this kind of people.

When I encounter people like that, it usually IS the tank being a diva, thinking they're entitled to do whatever they want.

I usually just initiate a vote kick on them which is successful 90% of the time. After that I secretly hope that it might have taught them a lesson, but I seriously doubt it with all those hotheaded, self-entitled mega-divas that exists in this game.