Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    It's him.

Lappe, do you see yourself going to Jade Spirit once it's changed to RPPM, or favoring it for more encounters?
    i'll always be going for the highest dps, given its necessary. Whether its windsong or jade spirit in 5.1 is purely mathematical

edi: i havent done the math myself as of yet

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Q&A with Lappe thread? Nice.

This might be more specific then you want to get into (for obvious reasons) but for p1 Sha since you are forced to ignore Terror Spawns and constantly dodge penetrating bolts, how were you able to keep up the necessary damage? Was Moonfire/Sunfire spamming enough or were you actually able to get casts off in between dodging?

Also what is your preferred sustained AoE rotation (i.e. Wind Lord)? The top parses show a mix between A)Solar camping/spamming Hurricane and B)spam dotting using SS procs to move back and forth between Eclipses, utilizing Lunar Shower and NG more.

Finally dotting strategy. If an Eclipsed Sunfire falls off 1-2 casts before exiting Lunar, are you refreshing Sunfire, or waiting til Solar to put it back up? If you do refresh, do you immediately clip it upon entering Solar? Should you choose to use DoC with your 4pc, do you forsee using Healing Touch before EVERY single set of dots? I.e. casting healing touch before dotting every single add in retreat phase on Empress.

Sorry for the lengthy post >.<
    Last edited by Stommped; 2012-11-26 at 07:51 PM.

Deleted
    That`s right.. clear strategy for windlord would be handy

im starting to think this thing needs its own thread..

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    This might be more specific then you want to get into (for obvious reasons) but for p1 Sha since you are forced to ignore Terror Spawns and constantly dodge penetrating bolts, how were you able to keep up the necessary damage? Was Moonfire/Sunfire spamming enough or were you actually able to get casts off in between dodging?
    as you should know, those bolts actually hit around you so you have to move very rarely unless you're standing close to other players. even when you have to move you only need to take a few steps on a side and then back. other possible tactic was to stand behind the adds and dot them whenever you had to move, only downside is the massive movement due to breath
    Also what is your preferred sustained AoE rotation (i.e. Wind Lord)? The top parses show a mix between A)Solar camping/spamming Hurricane and B)spam dotting using SS procs to move back and forth between Eclipses, utilizing Lunar Shower and NG more.
    my choice is always one of the three, the easiest one (when im slacking) the damage one (highest dps) or the most useful one (for the raid) and so far spam dotting + starsurges achieve the most of those 3
    Finally dotting strategy. If an Eclipsed Sunfire falls off 1-2 casts before exiting Lunar, are you refreshing Sunfire, or waiting til Solar to put it back up? If you do refresh, do you immediately clip it upon entering Solar? Should you choose to use DoC with your 4pc, do you forsee using Healing Touch before EVERY single set of dots? I.e. casting healing touch before dotting every single add in retreat phase on Empress.
    its all about proc and rotation control. e.g will a huge proc fall off/ proc before you get to next eclipse etc.

edit: as for DoC, once you reach a hastepoint, where you can go full eclipse cycle with one set of dots, i'd consider using it. before that its a pain in the ass
    Last edited by lappee; 2012-11-26 at 09:47 PM.

For the most part the best sustained AoE rotation on wind lord depends on your guild's strategy and positioning.

Agreed with Lappe on your dot refreshing question.

DoC with 4pc is pretty impractical on most fights

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    i just thought of saying hi

so HI!

if theres any actual questions involving me, you can ask them here or just in PM (you can also PM to remind me of this thread..)
    Hello! Thanks for answering peoples questions also grats on sha!

Quote Originally Posted by lappee View Post
    i'll always be going for the highest dps, given its necessary. Whether its windsong or jade spirit in 5.1 is purely mathematical

edi: i havent done the math myself as of yet
    It should be, since none of the secondaries comes close to 1 int and JS has the same RPPM as WS in 5.1. Of course, we can't profit from double procs, but they shouldn't be common enough to sway it unless we get a fight that gives us ludicrous amounts of haste.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    It should be, since none of the secondaries comes close to 1 int and JS has the same RPPM as WS in 5.1. Of course, we can't profit from double procs, but they shouldn't be common enough to sway it unless we get a fight that gives us ludicrous amounts of haste.
    for single target sure, the question is on multitarget fights where you can have dots rolling more or less all the time. but yeah, jade spirit will become more common choice over windsong