How do you up Damage w/o tanking your defensive stats like HP and Resists?

Been looking for ways to get my DPS to 150k buffed with Blazing Wrath. I have spent hours staring at the AH with a calculator trying to figure out how much HP/resists I will lose per DPS gained. But a lot of my vit is on my shoulders so getting a good dex Vile Ward with no vit would take off 7k HP. My wrist is another good upgrade place as its only 4.5% crit chance but again a high Dex piece with 6% crit and no vit drops me 8k HP. Also I lose a lot of resists from those pieces. How the hell do you upgrade without tanking your survivibility?
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-11-27 at 04:12 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    MP Zero is actually the best paragon exp however in all of honestly it depends on your gear obviously on which MP can be efficient for you as much as Zero can be; Example I am able to farm 8 and I do 10 ubers however for efficiency I do MP 2-4 for extremely fast runs since everything dies in literally aprox 3 seconds

The slower the things the die the worse obviously, Point is very simple. Find an MP that your efficiency within your gear and grind away

You got people bragging they can farm MP 10 completely efficiency thinking they are gods but in reality no It's not efficient no way possible unless your gear is obvious worth in every trifecta slot out there It is completely terrible in farming even then I don't think you want VS things with 1billion+ health or something stupid for every elite

You balance your EHP and AR over DPS regardless, In my case example I prioritize both of them two over DPS since the fact is being glass is not an option literally in higher MP levels It's dumb as hell actually but hey if you wanna die in 1 hit go ahead.

( EHP ) = Effective health pool

Anyway I'm kinda in a run here so I don't have time to see what you need maybe when I get back ~

Get this in your heads; The entire point of MP 10 atm is to have a 100% uber organ or a Key that's it remember that or the fact you simply want a challenge.
    Last edited by Resentful; 2012-11-25 at 08:50 AM.

Was only able to briefly look at your profile but I can offer a few suggestions:

- Upgrade all of your gems, starting with the one in your weapon. That will raise your dps without sacrificing anything else.
    - Skill wise, drop your mantra and switch to Conviction with overawe rune. This will raise your damage significantly but won't show in your char sheet. Along with that, drop one of your non-resistance buff passives and pick up Combination Strike if you want more damage. Many monk players don't know this, but even if you only use one spirit generator, you still get a 8% buff to your damage when just using one. So, with Conviction and Combination Strike, along with Mantra of Conviction and your Blazing Wrath rune on Breath of Heaven, in a fight you will basically be doing a minimum of 47% more damage than what you are doing now.

I know a lot of your skill choices are so you can maintain spirit to channel Tempest Rush, but you can probably make one skill adjustment and of course upgrade your gems and still be fine for spirit. In any case, it can't hurt to test out some variations to see...
    For those unsure about Combination Strike due to the wording of the skill, add it to your skillset then go out and hit a mob with your char sheet open. You will see your paper DPS will go up once you hit something.
    Last edited by yasiru; 2012-11-25 at 04:42 PM.

Short answer: You can't.

Longer answer: You will need to spend some gold, but don't spend stupidly high amounts if you're not 100% sure that it's going to be worth it.

I just restarted playing D3 about a week ago on my lvl 60 barb (haven't played since early August and barely between mid June and late July) and you would be surprised how much you can "snipe" the AH (at least the gold one, I will never buy from the RMAH myself), aka get more than your money's worth, when you really use the 6 filters + maximum price options to your best advantage.

I brushed my gear from "complete trash" to "ok-ish" for a few measly million gold (no peace over a million, some upgrades stupidly cheap, around the 250k - 500k range) and that's barb gear we're talking, which somehow seems to be a good chunk more expensive than dex/int gear for some reason.

"Badly" rolled legendaries can be a real bargin, btw, and sometimes only be a tad worse than the ones that go for insane prices.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Was only able to briefly look at your profile but I can offer a few suggestions:

- Upgrade all of your gems, starting with the one in your weapon. That will raise your dps without sacrificing anything else.
    - Skill wise, drop your mantra and switch to Conviction with overawe rune. This will raise your damage significantly but won't show in your char sheet. Along with that, drop one of your non-resistance buff passives and pick up Combination Strike if you want more damage. Many monk players don't know this, but even if you only use one spirit generator, you still get a 8% buff to your damage when just using one. So, with Conviction and Combination Strike, along with Mantra of Conviction and your Blazing Wrath rune on Breath of Heaven, in a fight you will basically be doing a minimum of 47% more damage than what you are doing now.

I know a lot of your skill choices are so you can maintain spirit to channel Tempest Rush, but you can probably make one skill adjustment and of course upgrade your gems and still be fine for spirit. In any case, it can't hurt to test out some variations to see...
    For those unsure about Combination Strike due to the wording of the skill, add it to your skillset then go out and hit a mob with your char sheet open. You will see your paper DPS will go up once you hit something.
    Really, I wasn't aware of this but I like it