My planned upgrade

Hello everyone,

I plan to upgrade my computer after Christmas. Here's what I actually have :

CPU : AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE
    MOBO : Asus m5a99x - EVO
    RAM : 8gb corsair Ram 1600 Mhz
    GPU : Asus Nvidia gtx 560 Ti
    PSU : 650W power supply (coolermaster)
    HD : 1To Western Digital HD

for the upgrade, here's what I'd like to change :

Will the HD 7950 be enough for the 2560x1600 resolution ? Should I get a SSD at the same time ? And should I take a H60 corsair watercooling to overclock i5 3570k to around 4Ghz ?

Thanks for future answers.

Get a SSD, overclock the 7950 a bit, skip the H60 and get a decent air cooler or a higher in the series closed loop cooler, the H60 isn't super impressive.

Thanks for your answer.

For a SSD, is 120gb enough for WOW + 1-2 other games + windows or should I go with 250gb ? (if you can give me an advice of which one to choose) ? For the CPU cooler, H80 or H100 what would be the best ?

Also seriously consider the monitor size, especially if you're using 24" or lower now. 27" and especially 30" are huge and need to be pushed further back on the table. Dropping from 30 to 27" would easily allow 250GB SSD and Radeon 7970 card and still cost less.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    You should be able to clock the i5 to 4 ghz with air cooling, maybe even with the stock cooler. You might need a new psu tho, the 7950 takes quite a bit of power and the motherboard shouldn't be underestimated either. I used to run a 4870x2 on a 650w powersupply, which worked great, untill I got a new motherboard and it wouldn't even boot anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by sharkwouter View Post
    You might need a new psu tho, the 7950 takes quite a bit of power and the motherboard shouldn't be underestimated either. I used to run a 4870x2 on a 650w powersupply, which worked great, untill I got a new motherboard and it wouldn't even boot anymore.
    No. Radeon 7970 takes only 50W more power than ONE Radeon 4870. New cards have made huge advances in power efficiency in last two years.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I'm actually using a 27" Samsung Syncmaster. I'd like to go bigger for having a better resolution and doing 3D / Programming.

Which brand would you recommand for a SSD ?

Quote Originally Posted by abni View Post
    I'm actually using a 27" Samsung Syncmaster. I'd like to go bigger for having a better resolution and doing 3D / Programming.
    Ok, then you know what you're getting into. Just wondering if the extra price of 30" is worth it. At least here in Finland it costs almost twice as much as 27" model and both have same 2560x1440 resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by abni View Post
    Which brand would you recommand for a SSD ?
    Samsung 830 and Crucial M4 have had zero widespread problems so those are easily best recommended in value for price.
    Trolling should be.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Ok, then you know what you're getting into. Just wondering if the extra price of 30" is worth it. At least here in Finland it costs almost twice as much as 27" model and both have same 2560x1440 resolution.
    The 30" have 2560x1600 resolution and the 27" have 2560x1440.

Thanks for the advice of SSD

Mehh... True... 30" model is 2560x1600, my bad...

Still wondering if it's worth twice the price. Two 27" monitors would be my pick.
    Trolling should be.