Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose19 View Post
    Yes and yes, only because you want everything to be straightforward with no sense of adventure and exploration doesn't mean it's the best way. No wonder people power level thru all the new quests now with dungeon spamming. I couldn't bare them either.
    Tell me, what was well done in Silverpine, for example? First thing which annoyed as hell was the travel distance between quest hubs. But okay, you say exploration and adventure. I could agree.

The problem is that Silverpine had NO interesting story and NO interesting landscape whatsoever. Back in vanilla I ever felt to quest there just because I had to do all this running because... there are gnolls on an island? A mage is sitting on his arse in a castle and no one cares about him? The werewolf storyline was a bit better - a bit. And about exploration... It was probably the most mundane and boring place ever in WoW. I mean, the big wall was quite awesome, but thats it. Most of the storyline took place in shady forest, then more shady forest, then, hmm, a farm in shady forest and maybe a small village in shady forest.

Thats what Cata improved. Places like Thousand Needles or Silverpine forest, that were more annoying then challenging or interesting. What could you say about quest likes in old TN? There were some centaurs, Grimtotem on cliffs that didn't really bother you, and elite cat quest. And of course, the infamous Mirage Flats, where every new player in WoW thought about incredible racing quests, and got "farm this, farm that, we kinda need it I guess". Now there are GREAT storylines there. Maybe it's too "guiding by a hand", but at least you can say what you did there. Quest to free Magatha? Awesome as fuck. Quest to kill and then ressurect an awesome pirate troll? Great as well. Having your private ship? Tell me which part of those things don't you like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay Orgfire Citadel? To be honest, I never liked the new Org's look or layout, it's too blatantly Saturday Morning villainous for my liking (as Garrosh has been since Wrath; I'm still not sure how people didn't see this coming).
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Deleted
    It's better with old good Thrall.

Deleted
    Old Orgrimmar

Current Orgrimmar

The thread is over.

10+ Year Old Account
    I enjoy new Orgrimmar. Change isn't neccesarily good but in this case, I find it more than right. Orgrimmar was burnt to the ground by the Fire Elementals. In addition, Garrosh always wanted to fight during the First War, but Kargath considered him weak. Mor'ghor considered him weak - and I suppose this he did to prove them wrong. It's a testament to the might of the Horde, it is a means to instil fear into those who know the Old Horde. To inspire veterans, though in some cases (like Eitrigg) it has the opposite effect.

Besides, I for one, love Garrosh as a leader (yes, yes, sue me) but I like what he's doing. Sure, some people consider Horde VS Alliance boring, but that's what I love the most. Plus, he cares for -his- people mostly and in addition he IS a good leader on the field of battle, he told Thrall himself he wasn't a good politician.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even remember what the old one looks like ;|

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the new one looks great.

I've never cared for the layout of the city much to begin with, and the new one is only a mild improvement.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    While I do prefer it to old orgrimmar, I hate how it's unfinished. Annoys the hell out of me. I wouldn't want to live in a house that's half built.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    A soul? Something meaningful?
    Eh I like new Org and yet I don't.

I love the new look and everything but it's just kinda..too dark for my taste, and makes the Horde look more malevolent than I'd like.

Former Org reaction: Huts and simple buildings. Cool!

New Org reaction: Am I in a prison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer the new orgrimmar, much more practical than the old one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    Old Orgrimmar

Current Orgrimmar

The thread is over.
    Old Orgrimmar has character, it felt like a city a soul, as the orcs made it from scratch off the land and wild creatures they used. It stood a testiment to there survival, and it stood as someone similar to how the darkspears and tauren built there homes and cities. It made the orcs seem like they were part of that whole ethos.

Now, this new design, makes the orcs appear like there not part of that brotherhood, as if there trying to say they are superior to all other horde races, as well as adopting the dark days of the old horde mentality.

You'd have to be a freaking idiot not to recognize the similarities between this structure design, and that of the fel hordes, and what it means by extension.
    #boycottchina

New Org to me seems to have more life.

plus i would take metel>wood in a combat environment anytime
    Be feared, or be fuel

You'd have to be a freaking idiot not to recognize the similarities between this structure design, and that of the fel hordes, and what it means by extension.
    Old horde architecture is crude and primitive, new architecture seems much more refined and polished. Not to mention that its much more practical than those stupid huge palisades. Thrall was really retarded if he thought that could stop anyone that knows about fire.

Old Orgrimmar has character, it felt like a city a soul, as the orcs made it from scratch off the land and wild creatures they used. It stood a testiment to there survival, and it stood as someone similar to how the darkspears and tauren built there homes and cities. It made the orcs seem like they were part of that whole ethos.

Now, this new design, makes the orcs appear like there not part of that brotherhood, as if there trying to say they are superior to all other horde races, as well as adopting the dark days of the old horde mentality.

New Orgrimmar is a more accurate depiction of what the horde is. Horde are the bad guys, and its nice that they finally have a town that says "bad guys" instead of "poor people".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    New Orgrimmar is a more accurate depiction of what the horde is. Horde are the bad guys, and its nice that they finally have a town that says "bad guys" instead of "poor people".
    The Horde is just as "evil" as the Alliance is. Archbischop Benedictus, anyone?

Also OT: Are you a stand up comedian by any chance? Because your sig cracked me up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    While I do prefer it to old orgrimmar, I hate how it's unfinished. Annoys the hell out of me. I wouldn't want to live in a house that's half built.
    blame garrosh for hiring the bridge builders and inn builders from redridge and westfall

A soul? Something meaningful?
    Cities with souls tend to get out of hand.

Deleted

It looks better, it's designed better. It has more crimson banners of the horde. It's a better city now. Each to their own though, but like it or not it's staying. Old Orgrimmar was dull, looked like it was rushed and in a beta like phase, it was just horrific compared to Ironforge and Stormwind. Now that the objectivity is out of the way because even you can't deny it looks aesthetically better and is laid out better I will bite into the lore.

Metal. Yes metal. It doesn't burn. That was the main reason for the re-design. Orgrimmar was pretty much destroyed in the Cataclysm, if you remember rightly the whole city was aflame. Old Orgrimmar was made of shitty wood and tusks. Thrall obviously hadn't hired the best orcish health and safety regulators. That can't happen now because it takes some real doing set metal on fire. It also looks stronger, it's big spikey and frightening a testament of strength. It has fel orc esque elements, but what did you expect from Garrosh's might is right leadership? Orgrimmar is now harder to attack and easier to defend and looks more badass. It has negative connotations but overall the renovations were needed and the pros outweigh the cons.

And on a personal level in BC I went around Shattered Halls with the iron corridors, sewer systems, lava trenches and orc statues thinking, "why the hell doesn't the real horde have a cool looking base of operations? Blizzard delivered come Cataclysm. TL;DR fuck the lore and the badguy connotations, old Org was a shit city and needed a make over.

Valley of Honour is amazing. The rest of Orgrimmar is poorly designed.