Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    New Orgrimmar, like the aesthetic or not, is a city. Old Orgrimmar was a campsite. I prefer having a city.

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    I hate it to, and here's why. In the novel the shattering, Cairne Bloodhoof looked at the new, metalic orgrimmar, and compared it to being on par with that of hellfire citadel in hellfire peninsula.
    If you take the time to go to the hellfire citadel dungeons, you would realize how accurate a description this is. The same souless metalic walls and dark corridors. The same tyrannical effigies, the same belting steam and lava vent and cold, heartless constructs.

Hellfire citadel was a representation to the corruption that transformed the orcs into a group of marauding killers, and that same symbolization is now shown not just in orgrimmar, but across the board with Garrosh's reworked buildings.

Some might think this is a symbol of strength for the orcs, but it isn't, its simply them following a tyrants whim and having his example printed on there homes and lands. Garrosh might not be a fel orc, but everything he does, right down to the buildings and structures, has fel orc written all over them.
    Maybe they made it that way so they could wreck it in the boss fight with Garrosh?

Love it, hate the old one.

Deleted
    I can't remember what it looked like.

Deleted
    The new orgrimmar sucks balls in comparison to the old one imo.

I loved the original orgrimmar music, the bank roof, the general atmosphere... It was very Thrall-esque. Sure it may have been underwhelming in terms of defensive capability if under attack. But may I remind you there are pandas doing jpop dances and giant monkeys talking about "ooking" me in the "dooker", nothing in WoW makes any sense anymore.

The new one just stinks of Garrosh's "hurr durr make everything industrial metal for war hurrr" approach.

Here's a pic of me at the highest point (almost) of old Orgrimmar, long before flying mounts in Azeroth and when adventuring was still relevant.
    Last edited by mmoc3784f78918; 2012-11-26 at 06:56 PM.

It does lack a soul, it feels cold and warlike. I miss the homely warm feel it had when Thrall was warchief.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBK_88FJjsM

Orgrimmar before the Cataclysm.
    SHIFT HAPPENS. THEN BLOODSHED. TRUE STORY.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too metal and cold for my liking. The general taste of this new Horde architecture reminds me of what we see in Outland. That, and it is never dark in the city. Ever. Sure, the stars and moon are out but it does not penetrate the canyon, the smoke/fog effect makes it look like day time constantly.

It's a bit weird just being in Durotar and you see this dark city (try it when you are on) then go in, the skybox changes and I don't like it. Don't play much Horde now anyway so it doesn't bother me as much as it did but that is my little complaint.

A soul? Something meaningful?
    A "soul" is where ever you want it to be. Some players found more soul (and not the npc's) in Icecrown than they did in old Org.

Looking at old Org I KNOW it's 1000% nostalgia that I feel for it and nothing more. New Orgrimmar is something to be reckoned with. Something the Alliance fears to come near and attack Garrosh.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Giev Alpha version of Orgrimmar!!!!

Some choices that were made for the alpha version of Orgrimmar were a bit better then the final version we see now in Cataclysm.
    Like the bridge in the valley of Honor.

I miss picking locks on the roof of the bank. Was the easiest place to find me
    SHIFT HAPPENS. THEN BLOODSHED. TRUE STORY.

Deleted
    The way I see it, if people are attracted to a cold, soulless construct, then its saying pretty much all that needs to be said about them
    The way I see it, if a person is so invested into how a city feels that he judges people based on how they personally feel about said city, I pity him.

Personally I am in the same boat as Zuben. I kinda like it, but it feels unfinished.

Spikey steel structures are classic Horde. Just go play some Warcraft and you'll see that this design is nothing new. 1000% not something new brought in with Garrosh.

I like the New Org layout, but I'm not exactly keen on the vibe it sends out. It strikes me more as a fortress than a city.
    I mean I get updating the city after it burned down, but I feel like there's a middle ground between dry timber and magma vents with iron spikes on everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saintminya View Post
    How is it a pain to navigate? It has a very straightforward layout.
    I didn't mean to imply that its hard to find anything, but that its hard to go from one place to another with the large scale of the city, the elevators and the lack of a flyer until level 60.
    Putin khuliyo

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its why i hated people over times....nobodies are never happy with ''change'' and ''new thing''.

I can understand the cynicism of some Devs....
    If you fishing for hours at the same place and you become confident that everything is fine and safe, its will mean one thing; You are wrong. Because i was actually sitting near of you for hours, cloaked in the shadow with a smile on my face and my daggers ready to strike. I did it many time before. I will do it again.....and again......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Are we playing the same game?

The buildings/strongholds in Outland are the same as they were in most of Azeroth before the Cata-patch - if you had said Northrend you might have a point.
    I guess I should of been a bit clearer. I was mainly hinting at things like hellfire citadel etc with the spikes and torture like feel.

I guess it would do to tone the metal down a little, combine it more with wood like the floor in Dranosh'ar Gate. Though I concur the layout is the real problem. Cataclysm, for the world breaking event it was supposed to be, should have crumbled the rock, allowing a fresh start for the city. The way the canyons are echo the limitations of 2004, they're just not acceptable anymore.

Stormwind has a big ugly crater in its rear, but the city is otherwise very beautiful and, most importantly, open, flying feels natural there. In Orgrimmar it's like constantly jumping over fences. The new airship flat and the portal area they added to the top feels rather simple and probably bothers me the most. It's out of place to be flat like that, when you still have those pointy orange-colored formations at the border, not to mention anything it offers is achieved with separate objects instead of shaping the terrain to be unique and then work with that. The whole inner city feels two-storied, they even flattened Valley of Honor for some reason. For a place built on natural rock that doesn't feel right.

I hope Garrosh sets off a nuke or something during SoO. We would both get a new layout and rebuilding the city would fit the theme of rebuilding the Horde. I think we need it, because right now any advances and victories we achieve will be irrelevant, since we know Garrosh will be taken down by the end of the expansion and with that everything has been for naught.

I felt the old orgrimmar was too plain, but the new one is so overdone it just seems gimmicky

Hate is such a strong word..

I miss the old Org but I dont "hate" the new one..