Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhia View Post
    "Soft cap" means nothing any more, at least for warriors. Expertise below 7.5% removes dodge, expertise above 7.5% removes parry. It's not like the old system where expertise below dodge cap removed both dodge and parry, and expertise above dodge cap removed parry, going from 0% expertise to 1% expertise removes 1% of avoided attacks, just as going from 14% to 15% (in absolute terms). Expertise doesn't magically change in value at 7.5% any more.
    Is this really true?

    I've never heard it mentioned before and some quick google searches aren't providing me with any evidence of this change. Would love some more info!


    Thanks in advance

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    Is this really true?

    I've never heard it mentioned before and some quick google searches aren't providing me with any evidence of this change. Would love some more info!


    Thanks in advance
    It's quite true. The guide stickied should mention it, at least the prot or dps one. There's another guide on EJ and yet another on TankSpot that will all confirm this is the case.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by idefiler6 View Post
    It's quite true. The guide stickied should mention it, at least the prot or dps one. There's another guide on EJ and yet another on TankSpot that will all confirm this is the case.
    The guide does say 'at 7.5% you will no longer be dodged' and 'at 15% you will no longer be parried' but that's always been the case; mobs have always had twice the parry chance as they do dodge - hence making the soft/hard expertise points.

    Elitest Jerks has been dead for ages and still has Cata guides. Tankspot is...all over the place so I have no idea what guide you're suggesting I read.

    End result is I still can't find any mention that anything changed outside of this thread. I'd really love to find some documentation (Blizzard source would be best) that the first 7.5% of expertise does nothing to effect a mobs chance to parry as people have claimed. So if anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it




    Edit - I guess I can just afk on a dummy and get my answer that way.
    Last edited by Famine; 2012-11-27 at 10:54 PM.

  4. #24
    Herald of the Titans Lovestar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    2,843
    You can do this verification yourself.

    Open your character sheet. Look at your Dodge / Parry chance vs. level 93 mob. Start stripping off your Expertise gear.

    Notice that level 93 enemy Parry does not budge up or down from its flat 7.5% value unless and until you equip enough Expertise to move your Dodge reduction % above 7.5%.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Famine View Post
    The guide does say 'at 7.5% you will no longer be dodged' and 'at 15% you will no longer be parried' but that's always been the case; mobs have always had twice the parry chance as they do dodge - hence making the soft/hard expertise points.

    Elitest Jerks has been dead for ages and still has Cata guides. Tankspot is...all over the place so I have no idea what guide you're suggesting I read.

    End result is I still can't find any mention that anything changed outside of this thread. I'd really love to find some documentation (Blizzard source would be best) that the first 7.5% of expertise does nothing to effect a mobs chance to parry as people have claimed. So if anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it




    Edit - I guess I can just afk on a dummy and get my answer that way.
    Seriously? I realize EJ is a ghost town, but a few are still there.

    http://elitistjerks.com/f81/t131083-...ction_warrior/ it's new and up to date, did not take more than a second after opening the warrior forum.

    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...-Warrior-Guide - again, not all over the place. Click Tanking, then click the only stickied [warrior] thread.

    If you want a blue source, go find the 5.0 patch notes. That's when it all changed.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •