Thread: Jungle Tips

Jungle Tips

Hello guys,

I have been jungling and i feel im just terrible at it, sometimes it works well other doesn't.

I have a few question as Lee Sin jungle:

Do i start with boot +3 pots or cloth + 5 pots? When i start with boots and don't get good leash i get crushed by minions.

What do i do if i killed all jungle minions and there is no one to gank 'cause they're all pushed?

What about when is everything warded?

Thank you guys in advance.
    Last edited by Durmindo; 2012-11-25 at 08:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    1) Boots + pots.
    That goes for about 80% of all junglers anyway

2) Kill the enemy jungler. Steal his stuff. Shop. Ward their jungle. Ward your jungle. Go roam with an oracles to get rid of wards. Cover for a lane so they can go shop.

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't be mainstream Noc - scepter!

If you're starting boots + 3 you need armor runes else you get raped.

"Dude, why are you dead again?" "Because I'm raid-leading, doh..."
    Mess with the best, die like the rest...
    >>>Goes by name Samyaza<<<

Are you level 30? do you have armor/attack speed runes and the minion damage reduction masteries? Honestly, I believe going boots/pots blindly as Duilliath suggests is not a good idea. You're vulnerable to Shaco surprises, and will probably die the moment you try to gank the top if you're not experienced. I'd say start armor/pots and go with the movement speed masteries and quints. It's almost the same as starting boots, gives you more durability and sustain and allows you to survive a counterjungle and be more aggressive in their jungle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slutty View Post
    Are you level 30? do you have armor/attack speed runes and the minion damage reduction masteries? Honestly, I believe going boots/pots blindly as Duilliath suggests is not a good idea. You're vulnerable to Shaco surprises, and will probably die the moment you try to gank the top if you're not experienced. I'd say start armor/pots and go with the movement speed masteries and quints. It's almost the same as starting boots, gives you more durability and sustain and allows you to survive a counterjungle and be more aggressive in their jungle.
    Shaco never forgives, at least that's what happened last night when I played him. I even tried the Taric following me around jungle (he had smite and I had ignite instead of smite) and it worked pretty well.
    Hey everyone

Deleted
    Until the new jungle arrives, you have no reason to start anything but boots+3 and any jungler really. Unless you're playing something out of the ordinary such as Karma or Annie. What runes and masteries are you running? We need more info to be able to give you detailed tips.

Also, if everyone's pushed, get an oracles, get some wards and clear their wards around objectives, ward dragon up, ward their blue and/or red up. Remember, you can always lane-gank with oracles. Sneak in, if it's warded, remove it and go clear a camp and then come back. Clear their river wards. Go counter-jungle. Or just keep on farming, there's always something to farm, with the current respawn-timers.

If you have problems as Lee Sin, get 2 level's in W. (E > Q/W (Depending on whether or not you wanna early gank or farm, Q for gank and W for farming), > Q/W > W) and then max Q. Remember to abuse his passive, you can literally stay in the jungle as much as you want with it. Double W > 2 AA's E > 2 AA's > E, etc etc.

Here's the problem I have with the whole "invade their jungle" scenario to clear wards and steal a camp. What if it's not warded? What if they were just there and cleared the camps? I don't do ranked queues so I rarely go up against a really pro jungler that invades and wards me, but it seems like a big waste of time and money to ward, oracles and go investigate empty camps. Again, I don't do ranked queues so my jungle skill is more of a casual LoLer, but I have a hard time keeping up on money and xp if I'm not always killing my jungle or ganking a lane.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hit 'tab' - see wards in their inv? Huzzah, you now know they are warding.
    Go to their lane. See them back off suddenly? Huzzah, you now know they have wards.

Conversely, if they don't have wards, you can just go screw them over at every angle.

I'm running flat ad marks, a mix of t2 armor and t3 armor seals and MR/lvl as glyphs my quints are flat ad.

Im almost lvl 30 and i need IP lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slonah View Post
    Here's the problem I have with the whole "invade their jungle" scenario to clear wards and steal a camp. What if it's not warded? What if they were just there and cleared the camps? I don't do ranked queues so I rarely go up against a really pro jungler that invades and wards me, but it seems like a big waste of time and money to ward, oracles and go investigate empty camps. Again, I don't do ranked queues so my jungle skill is more of a casual LoLer, but I have a hard time keeping up on money and xp if I'm not always killing my jungle or ganking a lane.
    You can somewhat calculate when it spawns, say, if you know the enemy jungler starts blue, it'll spawn at around 7:15~, depending on how it went. So you go ward their blue at 6minute mark. Most junglers also clear their red camp at around 3:30-4:00 meaning it'll spawn between 8:30-9:00. Go ward it at 7-8minute mark.

Some get a smiteless blue and go straight for their red, this is mostly when they're up against a heavy-counterjungler such as Lee or Shyvana. Or if they wanna get a quick gank @top/bot, so if watch out for their quick ganks and you can tell if they did it right after blue. You can also do the same, get a smiteless blue and rush enemy red with smite. Quick level 3 and effective gank.

Later on, you can calculate the spawn timers by seeing whether or not the enemy has the buff. The duration of both blue and red are 2:30 (With the mastery it's 3:00, but that doesn't really matter much), if they have it, wait a minute or two and it's likely to spawn within 2-3 minutes. If they dont have it, it's likely to spawn very soon, if it's not already up.

Small camp respawn-timers: 0:50sec
    Golem: 1:10 (I think, cant remember if the have the same timer as the small camps)
    Red & Blue: 5:00
    Drake: 6:00
    Nashor: 7:00

Keep wards @enemy wraith camp so you can keep track of when he's killing his red, wraiths or trying to gank mid.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Durmindo View Post
    I'm running flat ad marks, a mix of t2 armor and t3 armor seals and MR/lvl as glyphs my quints are flat ad.

Im almost lvl 30 and i need IP lol.
    Well your runes aren't off. What about your masteries? You run 21/9 or 9/21?
    Last edited by mmocfaf6580671; 2012-11-25 at 08:32 PM.

I run 21/8 almost 30. Gonna finish veteran scar.

10+ Year Old Account
    If the jungle is giving trouble, why not consider dropping some offense for a bit more defense? 19/11 would help you more for now than the remaining points in Offense. Could even go 9/20.

No, i'm saying is i have some trouble in situations as stated above. I get raped by minions if i receive a bad leash. If i have good leash i should be fine.

Deleted
    No, i'm saying is i have some trouble in situations as stated above. I get raped by minions if i receive a bad leash. If i have good leash i should be fine.
    Then simply level W @2 and continue jungling, you'll heal yourself up with the lifesteal and the buff from the small camps. Let your team know you wont be ganking for a while, and that's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why bank on a good leash if you can prevent the problem in the first place?

Do i start with boot +3 pots or cloth + 5 pots? When i start with boots and don't get good leash i get crushed by minions.
    Lee can start either Boots or Cloth. I find it better to start cloth, cause Wriggles is a nice item on him, plus less damage from camps, letting you gank early if the moment pops up.

What do i do if i killed all jungle minions and there is no one to gank 'cause they're all pushed?
    Go into the enemy jungle, and take a his wraiths, or buff camp. Or just recall, buy something, then stuff will have respawned.

What about when is everything warded?
    Your wards or their wards? If you have everything warded. Buy more wards. With Lee being able to Safe Guard to wards on the other sides of walls to escape, or head someone off. It doesn't hurt to always have a couple wards. If the enemy has everything warded, buy an Oracles and go ward hunting, if no lanes are in a gankable position.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Then simply level W @2 and continue jungling, you'll heal yourself up with the lifesteal and the buff from the small camps. Let your team know you wont be ganking for a while, and that's that.
    This. On some junglers I don't gank at level 2/3, I just get another level of my "farming" skill (like W on Nautilus or E on amumu) and keep going until level 4, where I would get the first level of my "ganking" skill. It's a common mistake to go "oshi I'm playing Lee or Nocturne, gotta gank at level 2". While it is easier to gank with heroes like these early, it's not worth risking your whole early game to gank a pushed top at level 2 because your team went "wow lee always ganks at level 2 nublet".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slutty View Post
    This. On some junglers I don't gank at level 2/3, I just get another level of my "farming" skill (like W on Nautilus or E on amumu) and keep going until level 4, where I would get the first level of my "ganking" skill. It's a common mistake to go "oshi I'm playing Lee or Nocturne, gotta gank at level 2". While it is easier to gank with heroes like these early, it's not worth risking your whole early game to gank a pushed top at level 2 because your team went "wow lee always ganks at level 2 nublet".
    This comes down to how the lanes are doing though. You should always look for a level 2 gank on a manaless jungler. If it isn't gonna happen because they are dead (somehow) or have pushed too far, feel free to take a farming skill. Your ganking skills (mostly) aren't terrible for clearing, it's just a little slower or more dangerous.

Noc though, level 2 gank? Really? I would wait for 3/4 on him so you have red buff and all your skills. Safer and more deadly. Then at 6 it becomes a joke.

Noc though, level 2 gank? Really? I would wait for 3/4 on him so you have red buff and all your skills. Safer and more deadly. Then at 6 it becomes a joke.
    I've seen it done more time than I wish I had. Usually, at my rating, it'll be a brainless jerk that tower dives mid after they blew their flash because he thinks he can get the fear off, then dies pathetically to a stun or taunt under tower because he has no shield >_>

And then ofc, he blames mid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Axethor View Post
    This comes down to how the lanes are doing though. You should always look for a level 2 gank on a manaless jungler. If it isn't gonna happen because they are dead (somehow) or have pushed too far, feel free to take a farming skill. Your ganking skills (mostly) aren't terrible for clearing, it's just a little slower or more dangerous.

Noc level 2 gank is hella strong. Fear and Exhaust and kablam (Yeah I always smite/exh on Noc, what exactly do I need flash for?). I usually ask for a smiteless blue, rush red and lv3 gank. Or even start red if I'm purple side, early gank top to help him snowball. I usually gank @2 on any of my main junglers, be it mana or non-mana user. But that's just me.