Poll: Was tier 14 too easy?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Not at ALL.

The world first killings got really fast because everything in MoP was realeased in diferent times. Raids were only launched 1week after the realease when everyone was already lvl90 and full 463, so everyone got the gear and time to raid as planned. This made Normals to be cleared more easly and when Heroics came everyone was better geared and more prepared to it. Probably if MoP was released like cata, world first would probably be still in progress, and a more Semi-Hardcore guild would have less Heroics.

In terms of mechanics and DPS requirements everything was great (except the Lei Shi Hide that is just rediculous), I just think that the end bosses miss a little of end boss epic dificulty. They were hard but more like a before last boss hard than the end boss hard. Spirit Kings for me was more difficult than Will HC.

But overall everything was amazing. Finally after months of the poor raid like DS we have something to farm that is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    They never take months. Or, well, the only time they take months is if the boss is impossible for whatever reason (bugged, severe numbers check so need better gear, overtuned, etc.): pretty much every boss ever falls over quickly once the hardcore guilds actually reach it.

But hey, here's the problem right here:

Indeed. You have no idea of what the fights are actually like. So why bother making this sensationalist thread when you, by your own admittance, have no idea what you're talking about?
    In BC it was months before Vashj or Kael'thas was killed. SSC went live in Jan of 07 and vashj was killed Mar 29th 07 with Kael'thas being killed May 25th of 07.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokkr58 View Post
    In BC it was months before Vashj or Kael'thas was killed. SSC went live in Jan of 07 and vashj was killed Mar 29th 07 with Kael'thas being killed May 25th of 07.
    They were also bugged and behind heavy gated content.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brokkr58 View Post
    Let's conveniently ignore the fact that those bosses had multiple bugs, with Kael being pretty much unkillable due to them. How long did he last after 2.1 hit? What's that? Few hours?

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Let's conveniently ignore the fact that those bosses had multiple bugs, with Kael being pretty much unkillable due to them. How long did he last after 2.1 hit? What's that? Few hours?
    He lasted a few hours after the bug fixes because guilds had been pulling him and wiping on him bugged for months, when the bugs were removed they already knew the fight inside and out. We will never really have a metric to compare the difficulty of these fights with newer ones because the learning process happened while he was bugged, so everyone knew how it went when the bugs were finally fixed.

Normal modes are overtuned this tier, and I think its because of the gear gap between heroics and normal mode raids being twice as large thanks to having LFR in the middle. We are more than 2 months into the expansion and people are talking about a 480 item level as if it is reasonably high. That is 9 item levels below the gear is MSV. Look at cataclysm, 9 item levels below tier 11 is 350, you could get item level 350 before even setting foot in Tier 11 with very little difficulty, since crafted epics were at 359, and heroic gear was at 346. That gap has made normal modes much harder than they have been in previous opening tiers.

this teirs normal modes is the 2nd hardest since sunwell imo. The only harder normal mode teir weve had whould be the first teir of cataclysm.

Deleted
    I'd compare moste of the fight to kaelthas, as in once the raid executes the strategy they are pretty easy to kill. Very few are like mu'ru fights where every drop of execution/skill/luck are required.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Have you defeated all bosses on heroic? No? Then you can't say if it's too easy or not.
    How fucking old and annoying is this question getting? Fuck
    Quote Originally Posted by kasath
    is anyone in this group under 18? my parole officer says I'm not allowed to play wow with anyone under 18

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    awww you are so mean
    he most probably just watched the "problems in the mist" video, where those things are also conveniently ignored, so he thought he knew everything about BC raids

and here you come and shatter his whole world view ^^