Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No established factions will be switching sides or going neutral, because that would amount to basically writing a new game. Blizzard will invent some story to keep horde races in horde and ally races on alliance.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

There is a race in the game here and now that is playable as both Horde and Alliance, so... if they'd have to rewrite the game, they already did.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    There is a race in the game here and now that is playable as both Horde and Alliance, so... if they'd have to rewrite the game, they already did.
    Blood elves is not a new race though. Also they will not give alliance an extra race without giving an extra race to the horde. It's really an unreasonable amount of work for no real payoff.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me that at some point they might give more than just the pandaren the option to select faction after completing a specific questline in the starting zones.
    yeah and quel'thalas could definitely use rework! one can only dream..
    Last edited by Endus; Today at 10:40 PM. Reason: Editing to change questionable phrasing to adorable puppies

Quote Originally Posted by xBreak View Post
    This post was almost as bad as you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakhar View Post
    The clueless commentary from the shortsighted peanut gallery is getting to me.
    My youtube channel! http://www.youtube.com/user/Krystafal

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    No established factions will be switching sides or going neutral, because that would amount to basically writing a new game. Blizzard will invent some story to keep horde races in horde and ally races on alliance.
    Possibly, yes, or, they go a new direction, make Blood Elves the first of older races with an option to choose their destiny rather than have it forced upon them.

It's really an unreasonable amount of work for no real payoff.
    Wrong. Its not much work at all, they put more effort into trashing Darkshore for Cataclysm than they'd have to do with this. It would also kill two birds with one stone, giving Blood Elves a badly needed new starting zone because a new blood elf shouldn't be in Quel'thalas being told about Kael'thas' glorious prize in Outland when we're 3 expansions removed from it.... There is also a sizable pay off, in the form of players race changing to an Alliance Blood Elf. It's quite a popular proposition actually...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Constellation View Post
    Lor'themar isn't aware of the role the Sunreavers have played in the destruction of Theramore or the infiltration of Darnassus, afaik.
    He is aware. He wouldn't say "I'm certain that the Alliance can move their warmages through this city at will!" if he wouldn't be aware of the role of the sunreavers in the mission to Darnassus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Blood elves is not a new race though. Also they will not give alliance an extra race without giving an extra race to the horde. It's really an unreasonable amount of work for no real payoff.
    The pandaren already have that mechanic, so I don't see it as farfetched. Still, I do agree that there's an issue of balance at play. If blood elven sedition does happen, an alliance race should be made available for the horde, but which one?

I seriously think a faction of worgen WOULD defect if the forsaken offer them Gilneas in sefdom, It is kind of evident that things haven't gone well for the gilnean people after joining the alliance, they have become marginalized and their plight to reclaim their land of little priority to the Grand Alliance. Now, even if most worgen are loyal to the alliance, I guess there has to be some really disappointed with them and the handling of the whole conflict. Gilneas is a ghostland in constant threat, what if the forsaken stopped their incursions in exchange of loyalty?. Better to rule in hell than serve in heaven, and I think that there's a point of how much ignoring the worgen can take.
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2012-11-26 at 06:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    We get Quel'dorei, Horde gets Worgen?

Where do I sign up? ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Amonra View Post
    I seriously think a faction of worgen WOULD defect if the forsaken offer them Gilneas in sefdom, It is kind of evident that things haven't gone well for the gilnean people after joining the alliance, they have become marginalized and their plight to reclaim their land of little priority to the Grand Alliance. Now, even if most worgen are loyal to the alliance, I guess there has to be some really disappointed with them and the handling of the whole conflict. Gilneas is a ghostland in constant threat, what if the forsaken stopped their incursions in exchange of loyalty?. Better to rule in hell than serve in heaven, and I think that there's a point of how much ignoring the worgen can take.
    Problem is lorewise Gilneas is already firmly under Gilnean control, you can see that in Wrathion legendary quest line in cata. The easiest way to make blood elves playable for both sides would be make Silvermoon entirley neutral and some elves get to choose their side, basically the same as the pandaren. How about the defias join the horde in order to get to Stormwind?

10+ Year Old Account
    HUMANS in the Horde? No way in Hell Blizzard would do this. The entire franchise is based on Humans vs. Orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Gromak View Post
    Yeah, but in the same sentences he talks about "reconsidering old alliances", he gets pissed and angry at the Alliance and their bigotry and racism. I don't think he would join a faction when he curses them in the same breath.
    I feel like this should be brought to light for a moment -

Kael'thas worked with GARITHOS who was acting commander of LORDERON. At the time, they were part of the "Alliance" but this was before Archimonde touched down.

The Alliance from then, and the one we see now are completely different thanks to: NELVES, DRAENEI, WORGEN, PANDAREN, and STORMWIND HUMANS.

Garithos held a view very similar to the Scarlet Crusade: non-humans are filth.
    Stormwind rebukes that view, and is very open and tolerant of other (allied) races, and even some not so allied.

Their interactions with Tauren tend to be more peaceful, and thanks to dealings with the Silver Covenant, High Elves are definitely not the second class citizen that Garithos wanted them to be.

Through our expedition to Outland, the Alliance gained strong allies in the form of Broken, Ethereals, and the Naaru. When we ventured to Northrend, we bonded with Tuskaar. The cataclysm brought the worgen into our midst, whom we thought were savage beasts prior to this event. And now, with the Jinyu and Pandaren joining, the Alliance has become a paragon of diversity.

If the Blood Elves recognize this fact, if they understand that what chased them away from the Alliance is no longer present in it, if they can get over this and express the desire to return, there is no doubt that they wouldn't be welcomed.

There would be suspicion. Very much so... but that would wash away in time as old ties of brotherhood are renewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    HUMANS in the Horde? No way in Hell Blizzard would do this. The entire franchise is based on Humans vs. Orcs.
    Could be possible I mean the Defias really hate Stormwind and the Horde is their best shot to get to them, not ot mention humans already allied with the horde in the past Alterrac ring a bell? Besides Worgen are basically humans with fur, but you have no problem with them joining the Horde ? 0.o

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Problem is lorewise Gilneas is already firmly under Gilnean control, you can see that in Wrathion legendary quest line in cata. The easiest way to make blood elves playable for both sides would be make Silvermoon entirley neutral and some elves get to choose their side, basically the same as the pandaren. How about the defias join the horde in order to get to Stormwind?
    I would hardly call Gilneas under complete Alliance control; forsaken are still actively trying to take down Hiram Creed so hostilities are on the open without intentions of retreat. And on top of that, with the reveal that he is indeed a dragonkin that has been corruption the gilnean forces, we really don't know how the military structure has been affected after his demise, and it even implied that the effects of his blood might be lethal. Gilneas is still a toss up.

If Vanessa hadn't died, I would have liked the Defias angle; but with her demise, that organization seems just dead and buried deep. Though maybe making the most iconic Alliance race neutral wouldn't be the best.

Maybe there's another way: making the blood elves neutral and adding another exclusive horde race (Taunka? Yaungol? Hozen? Naga? OGRES!)

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I never understood why race is the faction separator anyways. It seems all the other faction that are not H/A involve ANY races and they're always netural..

The Sw:tor legacy system is neat in how you can have any race/faction combo more or less..of course some choice would make little sense in WoW lore, but this whole WAR ordeal is very frail. It's mainly Orcs vs Humans, Orcs vs Night elfs...and Forsaken vs Humans. The other races are just part of it due to minor conflicts or convinient alliances, why they'd join out in full-fledged war is curious.

Belfs, tauren, dwarfs, gnomes, worgens seems rather netural to me. But worgens would never work with forsaken and so on, so it's tricky! I wonder how long they'll be able to force a conflict between all these races. The war'ing ended with WC3, but they had to build WoW on something I guess...

10+ Year Old Account
    The pandaren already have that mechanic, so I don't see it as farfetched. Still, I do agree that there's an issue of balance at play. If blood elven sedition does happen, an alliance race should be made available for the horde, but which one?
    Answer: Ogres

If the Elves become a neutral race (as the pandaren and in the future the nagas) the Horde could get ogres to compensate the lack of exclusiveness of the Blood Elves. Thus, both the Horde and the Alliance would have all their historical races as playable, namely:

Alliance: humans, high elves, dwarves and gnomes
    Horde: orcs, trolls, goblins and ogres

If there is any interest in that subject, one of these days I could develop the idea I have in mind to accomplish it in a simple and practical way (it is not complicated to do actually).

If Vanessa hadn't died, I would have liked the Defias angle; but with her demise, that organization seems just dead and buried deep. Though maybe making the most iconic Alliance race neutral wouldn't be the best.
    Depending on which version of the dungeon is canon Vanessa might still be alive, in the non heroic version you never encounter her after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Besides Worgen are basically humans with fur, but you have no problem with them joining the Horde ? 0.o
    I wouldn't have a problem with the Defias either. But Blizzard would.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    No. B/c then horde would die out ^^
    this made me laugh. the horde would be quite happy to give those elves away. you can have the cows, too. oh, and please take your former humans back, too.

orcs and trolls!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Answer: Ogres

If the Elves become a neutral race (as the pandaren and in the future the nagas) the Horde could get ogres to compensate the lack of exclusiveness of the Blood Elves. Thus, both the Horde and the Alliance would have all their historical races as playable, namely:

Alliance: humans, high elves, dwarves and gnomes
    Horde: orcs, trolls, goblins and ogres

If there is any interest in that subject, one of these days I could develop the idea I have in mind to accomplish it in a simple and practical way (it is not complicated to do actually).
    As I said, Ogres would be my bet too if this plays out as discussed (though I never hit the nail with my guesses, so blergh)

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    Depending on which version of the dungeon is canon Vanessa might still be alive, in the non heroic version you never encounter her after all.
    Well, Whitemane has been killed like 3 times, and in canon, so Vanessa being alive per Heroic not being the canon it could work. So I'm open to the idea. Though I do prefer worgen, at least it would give those guys something to do!
    Last edited by TheDangerZone; 2012-11-26 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    this made me laugh. the horde would be quite happy to give those elves away. you can have the cows, too. oh, and please take your former humans back, too.

orcs and trolls!
    If you throw the elves out you should be thorough, meaning no trolls, they are after all the root for everything elvish to begin with. ;P