Which spec/class has the longest CC chain possible?

Ill start with calculating a few of them, if anyone wants to add to the list go ahead. This isn't a list of what kind of CC's are actually viable in being able to chain so easily, but simply a list of who could keep someone CC'ed for the longest if they aren't interrupted. Please also let me know if the classes i have listed have issues. Not counting disarms due to all classes being able to still do SOME stuff while disarmed. Same with roots. Its normally the healer CC'ed so this is more spellcaster centered.

Rogue - 14 seconds of sap, 4.5 second silence garrote, 6 second Kidney, 8 second blind, 14 seconds sap, 4.5 seconds garrote, 6 second kidney, 4 second gouge - 61 seconds (55 seconds melee replacing garrotes with cheap shots, also could be longer with Combat revealing strike Kidneys, with 12 second disarms)

Balance Druids - 10.5 cyclone, 5 second mighty bash, 2 second pounce (displacer beast for stealth), 10 second silence solar+roots, 10.5 second cyclone - 38 seconds (17.5 seconds melee, though they have roots which could bridge the gap (with an extra 2 seconds), as well as add 14 seconds to the start, so with roots 33.5 seconds)
    Other druids 17.5 seconds for all, no solar

Frost Mages - 14 seconds of poly/ring of frost, 5 second deepfreeze, 4 second silence - 23 seconds (19 seconds melee, with frost roots)
    Fire mostly the same, but with 3 second combustion stun instead.

Paladins - 8 second repentance, 6 second stun, 6 second blind, 4 second repentence - 24 seconds

Warrior - 4.5 second gag order silence, 3 second charge stun, 4 second shockwave stun, 8 second fear, 3 second gag order silence - 22.5 seconds (15 seconds melee)

WW Monk - 5 second Leg sweep, 3 second FoF stun (2 seconds, but then procs again after for another 1 second in the same cast), 8 second paralyze, 4 second silence - 20 seconds (16 seconds melee) Iffy because FoF leaves small gaps
    Other monks the same but remove 3 second FoF stun (brewmaster disorient could add 4 seconds)

BM Hunters - 12 second scatter trap, 3 second silence shot, 3 second intimidation, 4 second trap, 2 second scatter, 1.5 second intimidation, 1.5 second silence - 27 seconds (22.5 seconds melee, with possible 8 second root from disengage) + pet cooldown
    Other hunters just remove 3 second intimidation
    Last edited by Vongimi; 2012-11-26 at 12:34 AM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

15+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget druid hibernation, that really helps against feral druids.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Not sure I would count silences as CCs... a number of classes can still CC you while silenced and break your chain (leg sweep, mighty bash, capacitor totem, etc.).

Quote Originally Posted by billtimbob View Post
    Not sure I would count silences as CCs... a number of classes can still CC you while silenced and break your chain (leg sweep, mighty bash, capacitor totem, etc.).
    Like I said, this is theoretical, and more focused on healers. Such things they could use to break your chain are normally melee range, and they most often will not be able to be melee range since all the silences just about are ranged.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Psychic Scream? Void Tendrils? Psyfiend? Mind Control?

You forgot hunters can reset their CDs. The Rogue CC chain is quite impressive though, and probably the easiest of all of them to actually do.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing4corpses View Post
    Which two of those would you use? :P

Poly and rof are both disorient, so they share dr. Deep counts as stun but has a special dr rule with rof. Unlike other spells deep has 2 dr rules one being "on demand stun" and other is "ring of frost". It doesnt share dr with other disorients only with rof.

So you cant get a full ring when your target has been polymorphed or deeped. That makes frost mage calculation wrong.

Why 16s of sap/poly/spammable CC? Isn't it 8+4+2=14s?

Also bear in mind that in order to chain sap the Rogue has to stay in stealth or at least constantly re-stealth, so it's similar to a Priest's MC in that it's a CC that CCs you as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Vongimi View Post
    Ill start with calculating a few of them, if anyone wants to add to the list go ahead. This isn't a list of what kind of CC's are actually viable in being able to chain so easily, but simply a list of who could keep someone CC'ed for the longest if they aren't interrupted. Please also let me know if the classes i have listed have issues. Not counting disarms due to all classes being able to still do SOME stuff while disarmed. Same with roots. Its normally the healer CC'ed so this is more spellcaster centered.
    I guess so since you've listed silence which is irrelevant to most melee whereas disarms and roots are devastating.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 12:10 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by iWolfBanei View Post
    You forgot hunters can reset their CDs. The Rogue CC chain is quite impressive though, and probably the easiest of all of them to actually do.
    Er I think it's considerably easier to execute the Frost Mage CC. Poly, for example, can be cast from range and the Mage doesn't have to take himself out of the fight to maintain a sheep chain unlike the Rogue's sap chain. Sap also doesn't work on a target that's in combat (which by the way is a unique limitation no other CC has).

Also, remember that out of that 65 seconds of Rogue CC (assuming that calculation is correct), only 21 seconds do not break on damage. And while the Rogue is maintaining sap he can do very little else, similarly there's no time to do much during even a full gouge. Blind is the only time the Rogue can actually attack a different target for any length of time (even then if you want to follow blind with a sap chain you either have to get a restealth which means waiting until combat fades or burning Vanish). There's Shadow Dance as well but that will only get you one sap and burns your major DPS cd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by fishing4corpses View Post
    From a class i did not list Like I said I didn't do all the classes.

---------- Post added 2012-11-25 at 04:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Why 16s of sap/poly/spammable CC? Isn't it 8+4+2=14s?

Also bear in mind that in order to chain sap the Rogue has to stay in stealth or at least constantly re-stealth, so it's similar to a Priest's MC in that it's a CC that CCs you as well...

I guess so since you've listed silence which is irrelevant to most melee whereas disarms and roots are devastating.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 12:10 AM ----------

Er I think it's considerably easier to execute the Frost Mage CC. Poly, for example, can be cast from range and the Mage doesn't have to take himself out of the fight to maintain a sheep chain unlike the Rogue's sap chain. Sap also doesn't work on a target that's in combat (which by the way is a unique limitation no other CC has).

Also, remember that out of that 65 seconds of Rogue CC (assuming that calculation is correct), only 21 seconds do not break on damage. And while the Rogue is maintaining sap he can do very little else, similarly there's no time to do much during even a full gouge. Blind is the only time the Rogue can actually attack a different target for any length of time (even then if you want to follow blind with a sap chain you either have to get a restealth which means waiting until combat fades or burning Vanish). There's Shadow Dance as well but that will only get you one sap and burns your major DPS cd.
    Yeah thats a good point, apparently I cant do math! 14 second CC for spammables. The rogue one I believe would actually be the hardest one to achieve in practice.