[Jewelcrafting] Perfect Cuts...

Hello I am kinda stumped on how to get perfect cuts as a JC. I do my daily everyday and I only learn rare cuts from it.

How do I get perfect cuts? In case you don't understand what I'm talking about its the Perfect Precise Pandarian Garnet, Perfect Flashing Pandarian Garnet, Perfect Bold Pandarian Garnet, Perfect Delicate Pandarian Garnet, Perfect Brilliant Pandarian Garnet, etc.

Hopefully you guys can help me.

Thanks
    Kyle

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to do anything. Everytime you cut an uncommon gem (say, Bold Pandarian Garnet), you have a chance to cut a perfect one. So just keep cutting the same uncommon gem over and over, you will get a couple of Perfect Bold Pandarian Garnets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fhi View Post
    You don't need to do anything. Everytime you cut an uncommon gem (say, Bold Pandarian Garnet), you have a chance to cut a perfect one. So just keep cutting the same uncommon gem over and over, you will get a couple of Perfect Bold Pandarian Garnets.
    Oh thanks I didn't know that. Now it makes sense.

TYVM I appreciate it.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the info. Took a shot at it today and it only took 15 Bold Pandarian Garnets (i.e. 14 wasted) to get one Perfect Bold Pandarian Garnet, which provides an extra 40 STR. Wow.

Might have to re-think jewelcrafting in the future. I can get the benefit of +40 STR with less than one swing with one weapon. Maybe my math is wrong. Am I missing something? 15 tries to get a +160 gem? That's like fishing all day and coming home with an old boot for dinner.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CTA102 View Post
    Thanks for the info. Took a shot at it today and it only took 15 Bold Pandarian Garnets (i.e. 14 wasted) to get one Perfect Bold Pandarian Garnet, which provides an extra 40 STR. Wow.

Might have to re-think jewelcrafting in the future. I can get the benefit of +40 STR with less than one swing with one weapon. Maybe my math is wrong. Am I missing something? 15 tries to get a +160 gem? That's like fishing all day and coming home with an old boot for dinner.
    The proc rate on them isn't great. From my own testing it seems to be roughly a 10% chance of getting a perfect cut. You really have to calculate if you could put the green gems to a better use, either by using them to transmute blue gems (which is going to cost you a golden lotus each time) or by making the jewellery and disenchanting them for the mats. All depends on your server economy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't bother trying for perfect cuts. Just make a Bold Primoridal Ruby - It also gives +160 STR. Uncommon quality gems are only useful for four things:

1. Leveling.
    2. Making jewelry to disenchant.
    3. Transmuting to Rare quality gems.
    4. Combining with Spirit of Harmony to make Primal Diamonds.

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable View Post
    Don't bother trying for perfect cuts. Just make a Bold Primoridal Ruby - It also gives +160 STR. Uncommon quality gems are only useful for four things:

1. Leveling.
    2. Making jewelry to disenchant.
    3. Transmuting to Rare quality gems.
    4. Combining with Spirit of Harmony to make Primal Diamonds.
    Amazing. And here was me thinking I was selling thousands of gold worth of Perfect cuts a day.

It can easily be an economical choice, you just have to do the math around your server economy and prices to figure out if it's worth it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Windfury View Post
    Amazing. And here was me thinking I was selling thousands of gold worth of Perfect cuts a day.

It can easily be an economical choice, you just have to do the math around your server economy and prices to figure out if it's worth it for you.
    How are you doing this?

From what I understand the perfect gems are equal in stats to the cuts you make with the rarer gems?
    Don't you have to factor that all the imperfect gems you cut lose a bit of profit as they could have been put to a better use?

Quote Originally Posted by gosemina View Post
    How are you doing this?

From what I understand the perfect gems are equal in stats to the cuts you make with the rarer gems?
    Don't you have to factor that all the imperfect gems you cut lose a bit of profit as they could have been put to a better use?
    I list them and they sell?

My server is a small one, which impacts on the economy, I'm not sure to what extent it would be viable on other servers but it works on mine. I'm certainly not losing gold from it.

And yep perfect cuts are the same as the other blue quality cuts. Yes, I factor in the costs around the gems that make up the imperfect cuts when working out if it's profitable. To be fair I am also selling other things (e.g. metas/enchant mats) as much as I can already, so more of those just adds to my stockpiles rather than sales, which is something I don't really need or want and factor in as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like perfect cuts ruined jc. Its much harder to make gold now then it was in cata, and perfect cuts sell for more then the dirt cheap rare gems on my server.

I dont think it ruined it, its just a way for people when they are leveling up their JC they can have a chance to get a better gem before actually learning the normal version of it

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why they ruined it. Its so cheap at least on my server to make them that people dont buy the rare ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gosemina View Post
    How are you doing this?

Considering many green quality uncuts go for less than 2g on my server, the average proc rate of a perfect cut is 10%, and 160/320 cut gems sell for 40g+...

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    Considering many green quality uncuts go for less than 2g on my server, the average proc rate of a perfect cut is 10%, and 160/320 cut gems sell for 40g+...
    See this is a server economy thing. Most of my perfect cuts are selling in the 150 - 250g per range.