Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How would you deal with a friend who constantly rages at others?

So I have a rl friend that I play with on a regular basis, but he also rages at this game on a regular basis. I don't really talk much when playing, but I try to be nice, and I just try my best to ignore him being a dick, but it's getting to a point where it is almost embarrassing to queue with this guy. Constantly berating our own team if the game isn't going well, or just being an asshole to the other team when we are winning. I like the guy and I don't want to be like "f*** you buddy" but I can't continue to play with someone who does this all the time. Even games that I win are becoming less fun because, honestly, who wants to have some douche on their team, even if you are playing well....

Anyone have any kind of similar experience to this? If so, what did/would you do?

Why don't you just tell him to fucking relax... I don't understand why people come on here to ask questions like this. Do you not know how to talk to other people?

Deleted
    How old is he?
    Does he justify his raging with being good player himself or does he suck himself and just rage out of chance to do it?
    Which role does he main? Mids and ADs are imo usually the worst ones.
    (Although nothing imo justifies raging, be good or bad but its always much more hilarious to watch someone rage when they suck donkey balls themselves...)
    Or just tell him that entertainment value that you get from LoL gets worse when you have to play with someone like that; so maybe he could adjust his behaviour a bit (read: a lot) and increase the fun-factor in his own playing too...

10+ Year Old Account
    I would just tell him that he is being an asshole. He doesn't seem to be the type that would take subtle hints. If that fails and he continues to rage and flame I would find other people to play with. I he is ruining your experience with the game, then don't play with him.

Tell him to stop, and that his actions are breaking the Summoners code and will likely result in a ban. If he doesn't stop, then you wont need to queue with him for much longer :3
    RETH

If you can't accept him for who he is then you are not really his friend. My advice is to distance yourself from the situation and find new "friends" that live up to your standards.

Don't play with him, kick him out of Skype/TS/whatever while playing, as a warning. Or tell him to relax, and play seriously.

So he is a real life friend. How would you handle it if he started berating or bullying some random person at a bus stop? Would you step in and tell him to knock it off?

It's the same thing (maybe with less severe outcomes). If you can't grow some cajones and tell this guy that his immature behavior is unnecessary and ruins the game experience for nearly everyone else in the game, then just stop playing with him. It is not hard at all.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    So I have a rl friend that I play with on a regular basis, but he also rages at this game on a regular basis. I don't really talk much when playing, but I try to be nice, and I just try my best to ignore him being a dick, but it's getting to a point where it is almost embarrassing to queue with this guy. Constantly berating our own team if the game isn't going well, or just being an asshole to the other team when we are winning. I like the guy and I don't want to be like "f*** you buddy" but I can't continue to play with someone who does this all the time. Even games that I win are becoming less fun because, honestly, who wants to have some douche on their team, even if you are playing well....

Anyone have any kind of similar experience to this? If so, what did/would you do?
    "dude quit your bitching" ... easy as that.

Deleted
    Tell him/her to calm to hell down its only a game.

While I understand the raging at not going well. I have done it some myself when my team makes incredibly stupid moves, or those players who let you die before they fight to make sure they get the kill. But the whole being an ass when winning is to much. When my team is winning, or if I do an incredibly awesome move that results in a double, or triple, once even a quadra kill, I just make some reference, say lol, and continue playing. Usually I'll say "Taste the fing rainbow. :P" lol.

My friend rages as well, worse then me, he will give up turrets and stop playing when he gets killed. I'll tell him "dude keep playing. We can win this just chill out."
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    Post him some feminine hygiene products with a note attached saying:

"I know this can be a harsh time of the month, but I'm here for you. We can pick up some chocolate and flowers when we go to fit you for your training bra at the weekend.

Love you Princess xoxox."

For a serious answer; confront him.

Tell him you don't like playing with him when shouts and screams like a toddler who can't have an icecream. Tell him if he doesn't at least try to tone it down you don't want to play that game with im anymore. Explain that you like the real life version of him, but this in-game persona needs some tweaking.

Tell him to shut the fuck up.

This is what I did but it only worked because of a few circumstances. One I was vastly better then my friend and he knew it(did not want to admit it though). Two we always played over skype and finally he would say how he felt over skype before typing it.

Anyway while playing with him I could carry must games and tended to have time to watch fights etc as they happened if i was just in lane. So I started to do this and at the end(if are team lost if ofc) just before he started to rage I pointed out in a calm manner every single mistake he made, first time he was in near shock. After a while when a fight went bad rather then rage he would actual say to me any advice etc.

I think this was partly due to him actually not knowing before hand how many mistakes players at are level make in all aspects of the game and how many places we can improve and thus he leant he could improve a lot more rather then just blaming the team mates, or he might have just of gotten so embarrassed that I called him out, either way he seems to have calmed down a lot. Suppose you could give it a try. But be warned try this with a different friend and now he wont play with me:P so mixed results lol

I would just say can you please chill when we play. Its not fun to win a game when you're over here being a complete dick to our team and theirs.

Deleted
    You should tell him that he should calm down, this is a game, he's supposed to have fun, YOU are supposed to have fun, you aren't, you should tell him to stop the QQ and raging.

Or you could just stop playing with him.

I dunno, all my friends never talks in game lol

The only thing I say to them are:

"drag"
    "baron"
    "no ward ~ buy plz"

Will be missed ~

Step 1. Make fun of him (AKA make him mad)
    Step 2. Laugh
    Step 3. ???
    Step 4. PROFIT!

I do this constantly, and then I say "Are you seriously THAT mad so you can't say when i'm straight up trolling you?"... and then they calm down a bit, and just laugh. Try that.

Deleted
    I've had this in WoW once, in a 3v3 arena team (TBC times, 1900 rating). He kept blaming everything and everyone. Told him to stop doing it if he couldn't do it in a normal and actually helpful way. After 2 more games I told him I was sick of it and quit playing with him. Wasn't fun for either of us I think.

Just mute him for a bit when he rages and after game report him for negative attitude

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.