Question Gnomes now the Ideal alliance race for mistweavers?

Title says it all,

With the 15% Acension buff appearing as though it is going to make it to live from the ptr, combined with the 5% racial from gnomes and the 2% meta gem all stacking up we will have a total of 366,000 mana within our pool

Worth it?

Is that change still showing in the PTR because it's not listed in the patch notes and several topics right now are lamenting that it was reverted weeks ago.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

I just logged onto the ptr and it was showing in the talent tree and was working as well

Deleted
    Well I choose gnome for my monk only because gnomes are coolest race around...
    Ok now srsly: do you think ascension (especially for gnomes) is superior than chi brew in every encounter? Or just depends?

seems like a tough choice between Chi Brew and Ascension (assuming the 15% extra mana change goes through)

Chi Brew is a great cooldown for getting off an extra few uplifts or an enveloping mist in a pinch.

15% extra mana means more mana from Mana Tea, which would help in long fights.

I'd probably still go with Chi Brew just cause it's an active ability, and feels like I'm doing more while using it than just getting a passive boost to mana.

15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe if you have mana problems? I'll take my extra 250-300 intellect any day.

BTW, if the math is additive as you suggest (total bonus = 5% + 2% + 15% = 22%) then the Gnome's bonus is the same with or without the Ascension change. It ends up being 600 MP5 if you perfectly use 2 stacks of mana tea every 10 second cooldown.

FWIW, the Human spirit bonus scales, but it's doubtful that it will surpass a Gnome using Mana Tea at anything remotely approaching an efficient rate. At 10,000 spirit, it's only an additional ~170 MP5.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should play gnome ( female ) regardless of stats.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scvd View Post
    You should play gnome ( female ) regardless of stats.
    Well that was definitely true in Vanilla, but now you have many other sexy choices like Panda female and Spacegoat female.

I picked gnome already I posted in a different thread a while back. Don't wanna redo the calculation but 5% mana with 2 teas per 15 seconds alone granted more mana regen than 300 spirit from pandaren. The break point for human was at like 14.5k spirit and that was completely disregarding the 15k bonus starting mana because it's encounter duration dependant.

TL;dr It was already the best choice before ascension, people just didn't know.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 05:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX View Post
    Well that was definitely true in Vanilla, but now you have many other sexy choices like Panda female and Spacegoat female.
    Vanilla Dwarf Female for life.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deau View Post
    I picked gnome already I posted in a different thread a while back. Don't wanna redo the calculation but 5% mana with 2 teas per 15 seconds alone granted more mana regen than 300 spirit from pandaren. The break point for human was at like 14.5k spirit and that was completely disregarding the 15k bonus starting mana because it's encounter duration dependant.
    The argument for Pandaren is more int for throughput. Gnome and Human pretty much beat Pandas for regen handily.