5.1 + 4-set enough for MM to be viable?

Would patch 5.1 and having 4-set enough for MM to be viable? Viable as in heroic raiding where dps actually matters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    Would patch 5.1 and having 4-set enough for MM to be viable? Viable as in heroic raiding where dps actually matters
    No, because the other specs also gain damage from the 4set.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    No, because the other specs also gain damage from the 4set.
    it's a burst increase for BM, not very good for survival since the proc procs pretty much constantly, but for MM it's a huge dps increase with 10% haste

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazzia View Post
    it's a burst increase for BM, not very good for survival since the proc procs pretty much constantly, but for MM it's a huge dps increase with 10% haste
    I wouldn't call 6 seconds on bestial wrath just a burst increase. It's going to increase our sustained dps as well.

I just ran my char through FD as i've been curious as to see the effect, now i'm not in BIS gear, but the sim shows a 3k dps loss from swapping from BM to MM, without the change.

Considering the change of ISS duration makes the rotation easier, ( thus able to achieve what this sim is saying) i see no reason why MM isn't viable. Its not optimal however.

BM with the 4-set bonus takes a bigger dump on the other two specs than before. MM will still be a shitball spec even after 5.1 with the 4-set bonus. The problem with Surv and (especially) MM is that the specs lack damage. Surv is only good in massive AOE gimmick fights but lacks good single target damage. MM just lacks in everything (AOE and single target). The spec will be bad until Blizz reworks it and/or gives it some solid damage buffs. We'll see though, maybe Blizz will surprise us lol.