Gear question for Marauders

You'll have to pardon my ignorance, I'm still new to this game. My question is about gear that I can wear for a Sith Marauder. I've noticed images of my class wearing full helmets and big chunky chest pieces that resemble heavy armor. My understanding is that Marauder's can't wear heavy armor, so then how do they still get to wear helmets that are listed as "Heavy Armor?" I'm confused. How is this possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquan View Post
    You'll have to pardon my ignorance, I'm still new to this game. My question is about gear that I can wear for a Sith Marauder. I've noticed images of my class wearing full helmets and big chunky chest pieces that resemble heavy armor. My understanding is that Marauder's can't wear heavy armor, so then how do they still get to wear helmets that are listed as "Heavy Armor?" I'm confused. How is this possible?
    There are pieces of gear that have the appearance of heavy armor sets that are "adaptive". You can obtain these through the cartel market by either buying them outright or through cartel packs. People also sell them on the GTN.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    There are pieces of gear that have the appearance of heavy armor sets that are "adaptive". You can obtain these through the cartel market by either buying them outright or through cartel packs. People also sell them on the GTN.
    You're a good man. Thank you very much.

Not really a fan of the adaptive armor but it provides more options so I suppose it's alright.

Deleted
    Also a lot of gear looks the same but come in heavy and meduim armour versions.

Marauders sadly are not geared well in game. Sadly we are the most looked over class in the game. If you go to the Dark Side Vendor we do not have anything but Imperial Agents have more armor then us. Getting gear is the biggest problem I have in game.

Quote Originally Posted by HisShadowX View Post
    Marauders sadly are not geared well in game. Sadly we are the most looked over class in the game. If you go to the Dark Side Vendor we do not have anything but Imperial Agents have more armor then us. Getting gear is the biggest problem I have in game.
    Imperial agents have more gear because they can heal or dps. All a Marauder can do is dps, so we need half the gear options they do.