Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    So much self-indulgent egotistical wannabe-guru nonsense I have read in a long time.
    You *have* told people what to do, even telling them they are weak if they feel down and blame something, even though that is one of the classic seven stages. *Everyone* goes through the seven stages of grief when dealing with bad things. Everyone. Some take longer to get through than others, but we all do it, it's why it is so famous and used as a yardstick. You seem however to have this dumbass impression that simply because you got through it and now think positively that it's incredibly simple for everyone else to, and if they can't, somehow they are wallowing in their own self-pity or self-indulgence, when they aren't.

Its farcical, ridiculous, self-indulgent BS of the highest order, and some might consider it offensive. You retract stuff you say, flat out saying you haven't said it, and when faced with the proof you have, you just ignore it and pretend otherwise. You may not think you are, but you actually are doing exactly what I noted you are doing. You can prattle on to the contrary, but it doesn't alter the statements.

Here's a hint. Your NOT a guru, your NOT some kind of magic life coach who can give advice to people that is worthwhile and helps them, and your sure as hell not worth anymore time tbh. Your just some fool who thinks he knows things, and actually doesn't have the slightest of clues. If positive thinking solved everything, it would be used a wonder cure. Sadly it isn't, and its a band-aid. But go on dismissing others and their grief/emotions with your prattling about "smiling in the mirror", just makes you look like even more of an ass.

Not gonna bother with you anymore.
    So much anger, you really need to smile more
    And whats with this "smiling in a mirror"?
    Whats the point of that and where is that from?

Oh i know im not a Guru or some kind of magic life coach, what ever that is.
    But i know for a fact that if you think positive you become positive, thats kind of logical

But hey if you rather live in a world where you must feel bad over stuff and blame god/fate/parents/the spagettimonster for how you feel i wont stop you!
    i just hope you enjoy the life of a puppet with emotions and feelings controlled by others than yourself
    That seems like a horrible way to life your life if you ask me.

Nice talking to you!

In my opinion, it has nothing to do with your birthday or how old you are, it sounds like you're just unhappy with the way things have gone and are going. You say you renovated your room with the money you had from working, I'm not sure how much money you had, but why wouldn't you save it for when/if you move out?

I've seen people who've had parents who were the same age you say your parents are, and the bad part about it is that they're 50-60 when you're in high school. Sorry to say so, but after seeing you mention their age, and you renovating your room, are you already thinking about staying home to take care of one of them should something happen to one of them?

I think you feel you're being forced to grow up faster, act older than you actually are, and take on responsibilities that you shouldn't have yet. If you find someone to just talk to about this, it'll be very helpful for you. I feel the same as I did when I was younger, and don't look any different than I did years ago, I feel the same way as you, not for the same reasons though, I feel older than I actually am, don't know why, but I do!
    Last edited by IRunSoFarAway; 2012-11-26 at 02:45 PM.

I've also always felt a bit older than my years. I turned 25 a month ago, thereabouts, and I'm beginning to wonder if this is really it. As yours, my parents are pretty old. My dad will turn 66 just after Christmas, and mum will be 65 next year. I see the changes and one of the turning points in my life was when I realized my parents are very mortal, and that the end will come eventually, and that I won't necessarily be old myself then. You know, 'cause as a kid you think your parents will always be there.

I really can't remember now why I wanted to be a grown-up as a kid. I really can't understand how I could ever have been so silly.

But I guess it's better now than when I was 20. Then I thought there was very little I didn't know, and now I think the only thing I know is what I don't know. But I've always been partial towards having existential crises, I kinda like the cathartic feeling it gives. The key is just knowing when you've wallowed in self-pity enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I think it's fairly normal to feel the way you're feeling when going through a big change in life. I've had phases myself when I've been fairly introspective, nostalgic about times gone by, feeling a bit down that things are changing. It's natural to experience fear of the unknown - you're going through a time of uncertainty and you're feeling some turmoil about it. It helped me to stop focusing on what's past, stop focusing on the fact things are changing and embracing the changes instead.
    Letting go of childhood and learning to stand on your own two feet can be pretty scary. It's scary when you realise that your parents are not going to be around forever to support you (at least, if you're fortunate enough to have had decent parents), but there it is, it's something most people go through - barring misfortune, we're destined to outlive our parents.
    Really, you've got a lot of good things going for you. Enjoy your studies, enjoy your time at university, enjoy new experiences.
    A little more life experience and a little more maturity will probably help put things into perspective for you.
    I don't mean that in a nasty way - most people are/were fairly selfish at your age, myself included.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

Deleted
    Only reason I'm a bit miffed about being 21 and now being an adult is that I have to be responsible and can't do what I want, when I want. Just gotta man up and grow up at some point.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    You'll be 25 in a blink of an eye..

Most people drift away from childhood friends anyways. That's just life, no point sitting around crying about it, just grow the fuck up, have a good life and die, trying to do anything else is a waste of time, the sooner you realise that the betters, you can't go back Do something you enjoy, work towards something, get a hobby, life is only about enjoying it while you live. Friends, girlfriends, maybe even jobs come and go.

Personally right now I'm right around the corner to be able to buy my own apartment, read -buy-, not rent. Really lookin forward too it, and I got so much retarded shit I want to do to my apartment ;D I have a bet involving sex in the celling for example..so I need to figure out how to pull that off too :l

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Senjinone View Post
    Thats exactly how easy it is.

But you if you think its harder then that, it will be harder then that.
    All in your head.
    Sounds like a spoiled brat who never faced any problems whatsoever growing up tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Sounds like a spoiled brat who never faced any problems whatsoever growing up tbh.

Wtf all you people who think because you've had tough periods in your life that if has to be on your mind 24/7 and define you for the rest of your life.

Your a human with a brain. You should be able to process a situation and come to understand that sometimes in life you cant control everything and things don't always go your way. If you're sadly dealt a bad hand and have an illness (mental/physical) you should eventually come to understand that concentrating on the positive things in your life will make you happier. Thinking about the bad stuff wont make it go away. You shouldn't ignore it but you shouldn't let it control your outlook on everyone or everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're 20. That's still kind of a kid, in my opinion. Either way, let me just say that you shouldn't be nostalgic. You've got your whole life ahead of you, and you haven't even really begun to have amazing experiences yet. Since the age of 20, I've graduated college, moved cities, traveled around the world, learned new languages, made new friends, and I haven't even gotten to the settling down with a family part. Enjoy the ride and learn that there are good and bad things about every point in your life. The world didn't end after high school.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phenix View Post
    Wtf all you people who think because you've had tough periods in your life that if has to be on your mind 24/7 and define you for the rest of your life.

Your a human with a brain. You should be able to process a situation and come to understand that sometimes in life you cant control everything and things don't always go your way. If you're sadly dealt a bad hand and have an illness (mental/physical) you should eventually come to understand that concentrating on the positive things in your life will make you happier. Thinking about the bad stuff wont make it go away. You shouldn't ignore it but you shouldn't let it control your outlook on everyone or everything.
    Finaly someone that understand how things work.

---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 08:25 PM ----------

If you refer to me you have not read all my posts. If you did you would not say this

As a lot of people have said (Not that I read every single post, mind you), perspective.

I turned twenty two here three days ago so what do I have to look forward to? A lot of things!

This one strip club only let people in who are twenty five, so three more years to go!

And I still need to finish my education, maybe get another one, I still need to visit Japan/China/Russia etc.

Set yourself some goals in life.

Deleted

But according to senjinone this is wrong? According to him you can control every aspect of your life and make it perfect whatever situation you encounter.

You two need to lay of the weed or something and take a look at real life. This is going to be one of those threads where people will make arguments and you
    will deflect them with a bunch of hippie-logic and it will repeat forever. Im out of this thread.

GLHF!

Deleted
    But according to senjinone this is wrong? According to him you can control every aspect of your life and make it perfect whatever situation you encounter.

You two need to lay of the weed or something and take a look at real life. This is going to be one of those threads where people will make arguments and you
    will deflect them with a bunch of hippie-logic and it will repeat forever. Im out of this thread.

GLHF!
    Nope i have never said that at all. You are distorting my words utterly and it makes you look like a dork
    I said you can controll how you feel no matter what happens, not what happens.
    Any idiot with a brain at all understands you cant controll what happens, that would be very very wierd. How can you even think like that?
    But it is your chooice how you feel and react to any thing that happens.

yea leave the thread, you will not be missed as you bring so much negative toughts

GLHF!

I don't know the other poster and i didn't read every post but i gather he/she said you can control how you perceive life, not life itself.

My only problem is i have too much common sense. I rationalize stuff fairly quickly. Some ppl seem to think if you're dealt a bad hand you must suffer for ever. I don't understand that. Im not deflecting anything, i have yet to see an argument as to why someone (an individual with his brain) cant eventually come to understand they can choose to see a situation in their own perspective...not how society think you should.
    Last edited by phenix; 2012-11-26 at 07:56 PM.

Deleted
    I just turned 30 and it aint getting much better

Deleted
    I don't know the other poster and i didn't read every post but i gather he/she said you can control how you perceive life, not life itself.

My only problem is i have too much common sense. I rationalize stuff fairly quickly. Some ppl seem to think if you're dealt a bad hand you must suffer for ever. I don't understand that. Im not deflecting anything, i have yet to see an argument as to why someone (an individual with his brain) cant eventually come to understand they can choose to see a situation in their own perspective...not how society think you should.
    Yey! More people that get it!

Close to 30 here, and although that the childhood and teenage years had their shine, and in certain point of view were the best days of my life so far, I don't look back at them depressed or anything like that. There's plenty of more for life to give you other than just getting old and having the used-to-be-invincible body to start to fail. Getting a grade is cool, as is getting the first "real" full-time job. Growing independent and having your own apartment is not that bad either . Dating women, not the confused teenage kids that don't know what they want and have mood swings 10 times a day, is pretty nice too, as is eventually after the young years turning the volume down and settling down for the long-term relationship. Having kids can be fun, I'm not there yet though, maybe one day. Being more confident. Having life experience. Traveling is effing awesome, no way I could have done that at my teen years. Moving abroad permanently if you please is an option too. The list goes on..
    The ease of life comes down with age, but as a good trade-off chances of doing whatever you like, do skyrocket. It's up to you what you make your life when you grow up.
    What a bunch of cliche, but what the hell, don't waste your life. Getting started is always the hardest part, after that the rest goes by itself.

Deleted
    People should not offer advice to people with depression unless you have firsthand experience with it or psychiatric training. Shtap. Support is different tho and not (always) just about advice.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    It gets worse. Im 30 now, most everyone I know has let themselves go, lives for drugs or hordes animals, and the one woman I liked I was an asshole to because I know she is better without me. You see the ruin you are and how you disappoint your family and how they would be better off if you died or just went away.

Cant find things to make yourself happy, so you turn to old things that made you happy and find those are lacking too. I try and purge all childhood memories and reminders from my life.

Wait until your thinking back and realize all the chances and progress you have pissed away, that is does not matter what you get you will not be fulfilled, you can work hard get a nice house and car and still not care for them. Then there is the moment when you realize that the only way you will ever have a decent woman again is if you pay her.
    You're 30, your progress isn't over yet.

edit: On a constructive note, do you exercise? Eat healthy? These biological things have a huge impact on mood. Nostalgia is hard to break, but maybe you should think about where you want to see yourself in 10 years. What do you need to do to accomplish that? Set up realistic, small goals to reach it.

Wowwww! Thats nice to hear buddy ! up in the air !!!!!!!