Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Addicted to it. (hint: my username)

    Not even sure why I registered to say this. But over the past few years. I've become addicted to it. I gave up all my care for losing my accounts and I just go day by day doing it now without caring what happens. I don't do it to make gold. I just do it for farming honor for gear (I've played thousands of battlegrounds...I just can't bring myself to play them anymore) I do it for farming professions/materials (I never sell the stuff, I do it for my own personal needs)

    It's come to a point where after each season reset or expansion I just automate the process between having no gear and being fully pvpd geared and same thing with the professions and materials...I never buy or sell any. I just automate it all until ive reached where I want to be...then I start playing.

    I've played WoW for 8 years now...I can't handle doing the re-grind over and over each time it's reset.

    I'm playing the game walking on thin ice doing this but it's the only way I can bring myself to enjoy playing.

    Is there really anything wrong with that?

  2. #2
    Brewmaster Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    1,315
    Nope, the grind (especially honor) is a fucking nightmare in WoW, hurrdurr get 1shot by fully geared people like you for days yea that's fun right? I'd rather bot too but wouldn't risk my account. I don't blame you tbh.

  3. #3
    Field Marshal Mouzon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    59
    What do you do when you get the gear though?

  4. #4
    I mean I'm almost in the same boat, I bot for some of the honor gear and for profession stuff just to make some gold but I cant do the leveling grind anymore without it, kind of saddening but I tried it again recently with my brother and it just wasn't fun enough to keep playing past level 78. I've been playing for 4 and botting for around a year and a halfish.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzon View Post
    What do you do when you get the gear though?
    You have fun actually playing through the content instead of desensitizing yourself to it during the grind.

  6. #6
    Mechagnome
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    673
    i dont blame you either watching how many bots i see im tempted once i get a job to start doing it my self because blizz lets it go for so long.....and the theory i ahve behind why banwaves is because if they instantly ban once they get proof people will stop botting and the chinese will stop botting and selling gold and thats MORE profite lost for blizz they let the botting go long enough for people to make enough gold to rebuy xpacs and time and have some in pocket insta banning with full proof means xpacs get too expensive and people stop buying them and stop playing at that point
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    sometimes when im alone i like to cover myself in vaseline and pretend im a slug
    Quote Originally Posted by Root View Post
    I like to glue my thumbs to my nipples and pretend I'm a T-Rex.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouzon View Post
    What do you do when you get the gear though?

    I actually stop botting for awhile, then I start playing again. I start doing it every time theres a gear reset (new season or expansion)

    Its an amazing feeling when I go out and enjoy myself...come back home a few hours later and my characters have gained thousands of honor and a few hundred stacks of ores and herbs. Then I can just buy some gear and level professions, never having to spend money on mats or spend time grinding away at BGs.

    It's just a nice feeling getting past all that grindy crap and getting straight to the fun stuff. As I said...I cannot legitimately be bothered/have the patients to grind our honor gear anymore after all these years. I would literally never get honor gear without it nowdays.

    Funny thing is my bot is good enough that it actually tops on damage most of the time. If that was me playing I'd have been auto-flagged AFK for alt-tabbing too often :P
    Last edited by Botaddict; 2012-11-26 at 02:07 AM.

  8. #8
    Meh, since I have more justice than I know what to do with, I just convert it to honor. I also have so many mats, I've maxed my professions on my alts without them even having to leave town. The only real thing I hate about bots is ending up in a bg with em. I've never botted myself for that reason and also to not get banned.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. -Aristotle
    Also, it's should HAVE. NOT "should of". "Should of" doesn't even make sense. If you think you should own a cat, do you say "I should of a cat" or "I should have a cat"? Do you HAVE cats, or do you OF cats?

  9. #9
    I use to hate bots myself...but that was back when I had this obsession with my account (didn't want to do anything to risk losing it)

    But that was back when I was 18-20 years old. Im 25 years old now and properties have changed in my life...I don't care about losing my virtual stuff anymore like I use to when I was younger.

    I havent been suspended let alone banned yet after all these years botting, but if I do...I'll just rebuy a new acc and bot it all up again.

    I try to care like I use to...but I just can't when it comes to games nowdays.

    Thats what getting older does to you I guess. I have so much real life stuff to worry about now my video game part of me is just a joke to me now. Which is why it's so easy for me to bot and not care about the potential consequences. Especially when it's so cheap and easy to get straight back into the game and start botting again lol.
    Last edited by Botaddict; 2012-11-26 at 02:13 AM.

  10. #10
    I think it's disgusting that you get "a nice feeling" from cheating. People wonder what's wrong with society?

    It is irrelevant that it's just a game, or that it's inconsequential to the real world, but cheating is cheating and it's stomach curdling to hear someone say they "feel good" after cheating.

    I could never "feel good" after cheating my way into something.

    Try and say I'm acting self righteous if you want, but it just shows how corrupt you are, as well. There is nothing upitty or snobby about not fucking cheating. Have some sense of virtue, maybe some self respect.

  11. #11
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    39
    The longer blizz go without properly dealing with bots, the more tempting it is to say fuck it, why should I have to if they don't.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    You have fun actually playing through the content instead of desensitizing yourself to it during the grind.
    I agree with this statement, in the past year of WoW, the time I had the most fun playing was when I already had all my characters to the point where I could log on, run a dungeon, do whatever (10 85s, all 380+), I enjoyed actually playing the game, not the despicable grinding which has caused me to greatly dislike Mists since I have to do it all over again.

  13. #13
    Brewmaster Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I think it's disgusting that you get "a nice feeling" from cheating. People wonder what's wrong with society?

    It is irrelevant that it's just a game, or that it's inconsequential to the real world, but cheating is cheating and it's stomach curdling to hear someone say they "feel good" after cheating.

    I could never "feel good" after cheating my way into something.

    Try and say I'm acting self righteous if you want, but it just shows how corrupt you are, as well. There is nothing upitty or snobby about not fucking cheating. Have some sense of virtue, maybe some self respect.
    I'm guessing you were cheated out of something at some point in your life lmao

    Quote Originally Posted by Hastings95 View Post
    I agree with this statement, in the past year of WoW, the time I had the most fun playing was when I already had all my characters to the point where I could log on, run a dungeon, do whatever (10 85s, all 380+), I enjoyed actually playing the game, not the despicable grinding which has caused me to greatly dislike Mists since I have to do it all over again.
    Same here, can't believe people just don't grasp the fact you can have fun without grinding...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I'm guessing you were cheated out of something at some point in your life lmao
    You don't have to be cheated to have morals and the backbone to stick to them.

  15. #15
    Brewmaster Lazuli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Your Moms House
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by ngc2440 View Post
    You don't have to be cheated to have morals and the backbone to stick to them.
    Yeh, but it's a video game... that's different than cheating in a real life game like football which I would never do. Btw, I don't cheat, I just don't disagree with OP's methods because the grind is a bit over the top in this game. Before blaming him for having no morals, I would blame Blizz for making me grind for hours while getting my ass kicked which isn't fun at all. I also disagree with cheating in tournament play and more serious stuff, but normal gameplay? botting mats? Who cares.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Can't help but feel you're blowing this out of proportion. You're telling me it's stomach curdling to hear that someone enjoys being able to have a social life, and then come back to WoW with the worst (for some) part of the game completed for them? I don't really see the problem.

    I'm going to say you're acting self righteous because you are. This is a game. They're not laundering money. They're not cheating through college. They're automating the grind, the worst (for some) part of this game so that they can enjoy the fun parts.
    Probably said it better than me.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I think it's disgusting that you get "a nice feeling" from cheating. People wonder what's wrong with society?

    It is irrelevant that it's just a game, or that it's inconsequential to the real world, but cheating is cheating and it's stomach curdling to hear someone say they "feel good" after cheating.

    I could never "feel good" after cheating my way into something.

    Try and say I'm acting self righteous if you want, but it just shows how corrupt you are, as well. There is nothing upitty or snobby about not fucking cheating. Have some sense of virtue, maybe some self respect.
    Can't help but feel you're blowing this out of proportion. You're telling me it's stomach curdling to hear that someone enjoys being able to have a social life, and then come back to WoW with the worst (for some) part of the game completed for them? I don't really see the problem.

    I'm going to say you're acting self righteous because you are. This is a game. They're not laundering money. They're not cheating through college. They're automating the grind, the worst (for some) part of this game so that they can enjoy the fun parts.
    Just calm down.
    My Stream - My Youtube Channel

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I think it's disgusting that you get "a nice feeling" from cheating. People wonder what's wrong with society?

    It is irrelevant that it's just a game, or that it's inconsequential to the real world, but cheating is cheating and it's stomach curdling to hear someone say they "feel good" after cheating.

    I could never "feel good" after cheating my way into something.

    Try and say I'm acting self righteous if you want, but it just shows how corrupt you are, as well. There is nothing upitty or snobby about not fucking cheating. Have some sense of virtue, maybe some self respect.
    Who am I cheating?

    I don't sell anything I bot. I use it all for my personal use.

    Probably why I haven't been suspended once let alone banned yet.

    I grinded upto rank 13 back at 60 and that was thousands upon thousands of battlegrounds /played at just level 60. Do you honestly expect me to continue to be able eto be bothered re-grinding bg's more and more in 2012 when I had already played thousands of them back in 2005/2006?

    The reason I bot the honor gear is so every gear reset I can actually have FUN and play the game in gear on all my characters instead of spending days/weeks grinding out gear when I could be doing other things in life, like working/being with family/friends and going to the gym (I bot when Im doing all of those 4 things by the way)

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I think it's disgusting that you get "a nice feeling" from cheating. People wonder what's wrong with society?

    It is irrelevant that it's just a game, or that it's inconsequential to the real world, but cheating is cheating and it's stomach curdling to hear someone say they "feel good" after cheating.

    I could never "feel good" after cheating my way into something.

    Try and say I'm acting self righteous if you want, but it just shows how corrupt you are, as well. There is nothing upitty or snobby about not fucking cheating. Have some sense of virtue, maybe some self respect.
    Is it cheating if im hired because of my looks not my skill?
    http://i5.minus.com/iT9gBOC94PbmU.jpg
    NON SINE DIIS ANIMOSUS INFANS
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Accessibility, ownership, availability; these are all essentially the same thing.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Is it cheating if im hired because of my looks not my skill?
    Depends. Are you a table dancer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
    I think it's disgusting that you get "a nice feeling" from cheating. People wonder what's wrong with society?

    It is irrelevant that it's just a game, or that it's inconsequential to the real world, but cheating is cheating and it's stomach curdling to hear someone say they "feel good" after cheating.

    I could never "feel good" after cheating my way into something.

    Try and say I'm acting self righteous if you want, but it just shows how corrupt you are, as well. There is nothing upitty or snobby about not fucking cheating. Have some sense of virtue, maybe some self respect.
    This is... Wowwww. I think everything's been covered by everyone else, but swearing like that really undermines any sense of respectibility or authority that you would or could have had.

    People bot for a reason. The OP has stated a reason. It's not unreasonable to expect to be judged based on the motives behind one's actions in concordance with the actions, rather than just attacking what they're doing.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I'm guessing you were cheated out of something at some point in your life lmao
    Nope. I just have a sense of dignity.

    Quote Originally Posted by Henako View Post
    Can't help but feel you're blowing this out of proportion. You're telling me it's stomach curdling to hear that someone enjoys being able to have a social life, and then come back to WoW with the worst (for some) part of the game completed for them? I don't really see the problem.

    I'm going to say you're acting self righteous because you are. This is a game. They're not laundering money. They're not cheating through college. They're automating the grind, the worst (for some) part of this game so that they can enjoy the fun parts.
    It's horrible that someone can say they feel good after cheating. I said it's irrelevant that it's a game. The fact that someone enjoys being able to cheat their way into something is what is horrible.

    Quote Originally Posted by Botaddict View Post
    Who am I cheating?

    I don't sell anything I bot. I use it all for my personal use.

    Probably why I haven't been suspended once let alone banned yet.

    I grinded upto rank 13 back at 60 and that was thousands upon thousands of battlegrounds /played at just level 60. Do you honestly expect me to continue to be able eto be bothered re-grinding bg's more and more in 2012 when I had already played thousands of them back in 2005/2006?

    The reason I bot the honor gear is so every gear reset I can actually have FUN and play the game in gear on all my characters instead of spending days/weeks grinding out gear when I could be doing other things in life, like working/being with family/friends and going to the gym (I bot when Im doing all of those 4 things by the way)
    No, don't worry, I understand your reasoning. I'm not sure anyone can read what I'm saying.

    It's bad to feel good after cheating.

    You are cheating because when you're in a BG as a bot, you are weakening the team that has the misfortune of having you in it. When you farm materials, you are giving yourself the advantage of being basically in two places at once. Your character is farming while you aren't there, so your character is effectively playing more than any human player could possibly play their character. You are automating a game that everyone else has to actively play in order to bypass the "boring" stuff. Videogames are about grinds and working towards a goal, they always have been.

    And it's cheating because it's against the ToS, so regardless of your justification, it's cheating no matter which way you try and manipulate it.

    It's not okay to cheat. When you are comfortable with cheating, you are easily able to cheat at other things, because the fact that you are doing something wrong doesn't bother you. That's not a good personality trait, and I think that's awful. I'm fully entitled to feel that way.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 02:30 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    This is... Wowwww. I think everything's been covered by everyone else, but swearing like that really undermines any sense of respectibility or authority that you would or could have had.

    People bot for a reason. The OP has stated a reason. It's not unreasonable to expect to be judged based on the motives behind one's actions in concordance with the actions, rather than just attacking what they're doing.
    That's cute, I'm glad you think cursing is immature.

    There is no good reason to cheat. Have some self respect.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •