Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    My character has grey hair. That's how people know I am a vanilla veteran.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/48055843

Hah, I took over a month getting from 40 to 60 the first time.

I had played around at low levels some prior to Mnevis, but I never really became a WoW player till around the BC release, and didn't really grow out of being a complete noob till sometime between Kara and SSC.

Mechagnome
    Quote Originally Posted by glycerethe View Post
    My idiotic bashing of this poor guy hurt your feelings as well? You must be just like him back then huh?

Seriously binding auto-attack as 1 from level 1 to raiding? Doesn't matter how noob you are you shouldn't have that? I took auto attack out since level one playing on my rogue?

How can you even 'enjoy' playing when you have auto attack keybinded as 1 and have your keys binded all the way to 0? click click click click click? How do you enjoy playing the game by torturing your mouse?

Please amaze me with some explanation, just because people like you and Proteen are ultra noobs back in vanilla doesn't make the entire world the same.
    Gosh, way to throw down the gauntlet over a casual discussion O.o
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

Well I started off with a FOM nelf rogue in vanilla and leveled to 30, before quitting because the game was too cartoony and the character models were fugly. The only thing I enjoyed was warsong gulch. Quit until a bit before mid-TBC because I was finally able to play a pretty Belf race and once again picked FOM warlock. I think me actually admitting these things is proof enough.

My idiotic bashing of this poor guy hurt your feelings as well? You must be just like him back then huh?

Seriously binding auto-attack as 1 from level 1 to raiding? Doesn't matter how noob you are you shouldn't have that? I took auto attack out since level one playing on my rogue?

How can you even 'enjoy' playing when you have auto attack keybinded as 1 and have your keys binded all the way to 0? click click click click click? How do you enjoy playing the game by torturing your mouse?

Please amaze me with some explanation, just because people like you and Proteen are ultra noobs back in vanilla doesn't make the entire world the same.
    So people can only enjoy playing a game if you give them permission?

Go litter the star wars forum or something you piece of trash.

The scarab lord title would do ...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Town Drunk View Post
    The scarab lord title would do ...lol
    You mean transferring into a new, empty server and get it all by yourself?

Yeah, so hard

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/6277135

Armor set (of undead slaying) and tabard obtained during naxx40 release and undead invasion (epic times)

Someone clearly hasn't gotten laid in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    They were world bosses in vanilla ... Taerar etc. Very very few people, even of Vanilla players, remember them until you bring it up or explain lol.
    Probably because nobody else has ever called them "nightmare drakes". I mean, they weren't even drakes. They were dragons. Which is a big difference. And they weren't exclusive to pre TBC WoW. They weren't removed until the Cataclysm patch.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 10:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    YEAH, here's my proof that I'm a PRE-BC player. We called it PRE-BC. No PRE-BC player referred to PRE-BC as vanilla.

No, we DON'T eat ice cream, and NO, we don't relate ice cream to PRE-BC. Get lost.
    The word "vanilla" has about six definitions and none of them have anything to do with ice cream. What the hell are you babbling about.

Payment history if you didn't swap accounts or old school PvP title feats.

90% Of the people with the Hydraxian feat were also the rune-douse-bitches in Vanilla, even though the feat was added in 3.0.8, it was no longer obtainable by then.

Umm it was fun and to be honest I just tossed spells on as they came on my rogue... not like you even needed keebinds back then to raid... hey your a rogue... guess your just going to sinister strike and evis spam the entire raid... BETTER KEYBIND FOR THAT TO BE LEET!

I mean seriously most of us back then had not even played an MMO before and wow was our first dable at it. I autoattack as 1 becuse not having it at 1 didnt change a single thing at all. Yes I clicked yes I key board turned but hell allot of people did at the begining. Do please tell me how keybinding in MC gave anyone and advantage especially as a rogue? On my mage I keybound but again... it was... o wait... bos... 11111111111 for frost bot... o wait this boss has curses? better bust out my decursive addon set up my priority list and then 11111 f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1111111111111f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1f1111f1f1f1f1 OMG keybinding just made me so much better!

* <--- There just wanted to give you your special snowflake back...apparently you dropped it and were moody since you lost it!

Not sure about this thread, hardly have much left from Vanilla, have a few AQ, ZG armors.
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=21269
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=17066

(But again, theres no proof that I got them in vanilla, only the people I played with back then and the old armory details? Dunno)

The horrible fight between Southshore and Tarren Mill (Horrible, I mean epic). In vanilla I didn't PvP, it was all PvE and RP.
    Last edited by Gehco; 2012-11-27 at 04:11 PM.
    You know, one might be wrong about things but it is damn annoying to be right and people then realize it too late.

Quote Originally Posted by Banders View Post
    Hey all

Just been trying to think about what items/gear/anything else you could have that could prove you were a vanilla player

I've been wracking(sp?) my brain to try and think of things that were only around in vanilla that weren't available once other expansions came along....Achieve's didn't come in until BC...Scarab Lord could be gotten in BC...Naxx gear...not to mention the BMAH

Only things that jumped out were the pre-BC event gear and the original epic mounts....(and that one legendary that accidentally dropped in MC)....What other things could you have which could be from vanilla WoW and only from vanilla WoW?
    The only one i've seen is I have a pre cataclysm senior sergeant feat of strength. It's dated the day achievements became active, which was well before you could earn the title in 4.0

Why would you want to prove that you played such a horrible game? That is like trying to prove you played Big Rigs Over the Road Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why does it even matter? Who cares? Your skill now is what matters.
    It not an elitist thing for me, it's more of finding a kindred spirit. where we can connect on a certain level of vanilla misery. like "Remember when the introduced weather?" "Remember when flight points didn't connect?" "Remember having to buy riding skill for every different type of mount?" Or running into an old school rogue and bitchign about walking our sorry asses to desolace to level lock picking.

Just find yourself on WarcraftRealms. Providing you've not deleted, moved or renamed your character that is...

Jan '06: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/24932130

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokvr1 View Post
    YEAH, here's my proof that I'm a PRE-BC player. We called it PRE-BC. No PRE-BC player referred to PRE-BC as vanilla.

No, we DON'T eat ice cream, and NO, we don't relate ice cream to PRE-BC. Get lost.
    I dont think I have ever heard anyone who was around in the beginning call it pre-bc. Maybe during bc, I am not entirely sure. I still know a small handful of people from back in the day. Nobody says pre-bc ever. Sounds like some kind of pharmaceutical if you ask me. Everyone uses vanilla/classic. Might be a regional thing though :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Banders View Post
    Hey all

Just been trying to think about what items/gear/anything else you could have that could prove you were a vanilla player

I've been wracking(sp?) my brain to try and think of things that were only around in vanilla that weren't available once other expansions came along....Achieve's didn't come in until BC...Scarab Lord could be gotten in BC...Naxx gear...not to mention the BMAH

Only things that jumped out were the pre-BC event gear and the original epic mounts....(and that one legendary that accidentally dropped in MC)....What other things could you have which could be from vanilla WoW and only from vanilla WoW?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=16309

Drakefire Amulet, just screams Vanilla.

It's the attunement piece that everyone in vanilla had to accomplish to go and do 40 man Onyxia raids.

Still have mine!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    Just find yourself on WarcraftRealms. Providing you've not deleted, moved or renamed your character that is...

Jan '06: http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/24932130
    Yeah won't work I deleted all my characters twice thinking I was leaving for good and had them restored.
    Last edited by Tharn; 2012-11-27 at 06:28 PM.