Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you have the Talisman of Binding Shard... oh wait...

Why would you even care?

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    It was definitely true, you just must not have deranked fast enough to lose the title (Knight was rank 5 if I remember right, so not so high as to be competitive where you could lose it easily). Ask anyone who had a higher title but lost it before the new pvp system was implemented. It's not just the highest rank you ever earned.
    Actually it was. The highest rank I ever earned was Blood Guard, I wasn't a blood guard when 2.0 came around and that's the FoS/title I got. Do you think that there were that many people who kept rank 14 when it rolled around? No, because it was nearly impossible and once people had their gear they stopped grinding so much, but yes they got to keep their titles after 2.0. That's exactly how it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by starkey View Post
    umm date the account created would be obvious
    what about those who wrongfully got banned and had to start a new acc.? (hacked)

I have a pvp rank 10 (Champion) and I guess if I wanted I can prove it by the payment slip that is in the CE I bought? And ofc by Blizzard's log and payment files. Possibly it even states when my acc was created? That said...why would I want to prove it to some random strangers. People that matter to me know I played from day 1....
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Botaddict View Post
    Feat of strength with old pvp titles = instant proof.

The higher the rank the more proof that person played vanilla longer.
    Higher rank doesn't mean anything when it comes to playtime. Some people don't like PVP.

It's funny that half of the people think this thread was created to try to arrogantly prove a point to someone else...I'm thinking the assumption reflects how people may be feeling about their game at the moment and the community

The other half are treating it in the spirit it was intended...in that with looking at all the changes that have happened over the last 8 years what unique things are there left in the game?

Apart from the obvious out of game proof (that apparently may or may not be proof) I think it's been narrowed down to:
    - the epic vanilla mounts that were removed achieve FoS
    - PvP title achieve FoS
    - Anything from the opening of the Dark Portal event...tabard/gear etc
    - Talisman of the Binding Shard
    Anything else?

Quote Originally Posted by Heywoods View Post
    I disagree. I looked through my FoS's and the only definitive FoS I could find, besides my pvp rank titles, was my "Old School Ride" FoS.
    How do you prove that you got those? All that proves is that account was active then not you. I know a few ppl playing accounts they bought or were given it cant be that uncommon with a 8 year old game.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why does it even matter? Who cares? Your skill now is what matters.
    Not even that really matters.

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

If you care about telling how old a character is.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/36335446

Oldest guy I have left on my account, don't ask me why I deleted stuff when I was younger, I was stupid.

As for other stuff, only a few things like ash,asteish, the old epic mounts (tauren is only one i can think of), FoS PvP titles, think that is about it anymore.
    Mine was apparently first seen at lv 43 on May 30th in 2005. Crazy...I spend 3 months to just get there o_O IDD - my played to lv 60 was 17 days.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    Nice...that's a good one. I can't remember why I didn't get one at the time. Probably had not much clue about the event and was more interested in getting the cheap PvP gear at the time

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why does it even matter? Who cares? Your skill now is what matters.
    What this wise moderator said. Couldn't care less if you playe in vanilla or not. I know quite a few people who are proud of themselves thinking they are hotshots cause they played back then when in reality they feel like they started two months ago.
    Siegecrafter Blackfuse (25-N) testing is complete! Today's Wisdom:
    One man's Trash is another Man's Heroic Boss.

Not the fact that you own them but the fact you know what they were used for. The twilight cultist sets in silithus

Oh also have the 4 piece pally set from the scourge event thats gotta be worth something.
    Last edited by Xerra; 2012-11-26 at 10:02 AM.
    It needs to be 20% cooler.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypothermia View Post
    Higher rank doesn't mean anything when it comes to playtime. Some people don't like PVP.
    Getting rank 13/14 required playing 18-22 hours a day for 2.5-3.5 months. Pretty sure that constitutes as higher rank contributing to playtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Not the fact that you own them but the fact you know what they were used for. The twilight cultist sets in silithus

Oh also have the 4 piece pally set from the scourge event thats gotta be worth something.
    Good old summoning gear so you don't get smited by the angry elementals that appear ;-)
    I think they were the things that I was farming so I missed out on getting all the juicy pre BC event gear - I wished I had that tabard now....Altho come to think about it, I wouldn't have it anyway since I got rid of my original account ages ago

27/04/2006 N/A Free Month Expired

Playing them gaimz since I was 13 damn...
    Our greatest influences will always define us.

Quel'serrar. The original one, not the faggy revamped version.

Wauw, I can't believe that NO ONE has actually mentioned items from the old undead invasion event (pre Naxx event). At that time 'everyone' did those quests, so most would have received such items at one point.
    I still have the Set of Undead Cleansing in my bank.

It is true that the same event was copied in preparation for Wrath, but that was with epic lvl 70 gear, while the lvl 60 were blue. These two different sets don't have the same look (and names either, I think), so they should be distinguishable. I can't honestly remember if there were items for every armor class (though that would seem logical). Mine is cloth; I'm a mage.

Still play with the same people you did in Vanilla...