Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Trying to think of other things....was there any backpack item or stupid one off thing that was removed when BC hit? Or was only around for a small amount of time in vanilla? Things that I may be missing could be holiday event items....not sure what else

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Yes, when the achievement system went live, whatever title you had (which was frozen at the rank you were when the old pvp system was replaced with the current system) earned you a Feat of Strength.
    I don't believe this is true. The Feats of Strength are still indicative of having played before BC, though.

I got Knight title, went into the Champion Hall or w/e it's called, and went "Oh. This is kinda more plain than I expected" and walked out never to grind ranks again because I didn't care for the PvP set.

Pretty sure I was a Sergeant just because that was easy to maintain with random BGs at the time of the change =P
    Last edited by Confirm Deny; 2012-11-26 at 03:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    They were world bosses in vanilla ... Taerar etc. Very very few people, even of Vanilla players, remember them until you bring it up or explain lol.
    Oh... I never heard them called that, especially considering they weren't drake models, they were dragon models. I always heard them referred to as the "Dragons of Nightmare," but maybe my server wasn't up on popular slang?

Taerar was my favorite.

They weren't removed until Cataclysm, though, unless I've gone completely mad.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=879
    Though you could have traded the original epic mounts in for the new armored mounts which a lot of people ended up doing which cost them the achievement.
    The man who passes the sentence should swing the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    Kazzak/Kruul.
    Kruul - I remember Kruul, everyone on this list played in Vanilla

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Riot View Post
    I don't believe this is true. The Feats of Strength are still indicative of having played before BC, though.

I got Knight title, went into the Champion Hall or w/e it's called, and went "Oh. This is kinda more plain than I expected" and walked out never to grind ranks again because I didn't care for the PvP set.

Pretty sure I was a Sergeant just because that was easy to maintain with random BGs at the time of the change =P
    It was definitely true, you just must not have deranked fast enough to lose the title (Knight was rank 5 if I remember right, so not so high as to be competitive where you could lose it easily). Ask anyone who had a higher title but lost it before the new pvp system was implemented. It's not just the highest rank you ever earned.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by bledgor View Post
    http://www.warcraftrealms.com/census.php

If you care about telling how old a character is.

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/charsheet/36335446

Oldest guy I have left on my account, don't ask me why I deleted stuff when I was younger, I was stupid.

As for other stuff, only a few things like ash,asteish, the old epic mounts (tauren is only one i can think of), FoS PvP titles, think that is about it anymore.
    White raptors that are not the card game mount as well as the red raptors. For orcs, it was the arctic and red wolves.
    Last edited by Gsara; 2012-11-26 at 03:22 AM.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Oh... I never heard them called that, especially considering they weren't drake models, they were dragon models. I always heard them referred to as the "Dragons of Nightmare," but maybe my server wasn't up on popular slang?

Taerar was my favorite.

They weren't removed until Cataclysm, though, unless I've gone completely mad.
    No, you aren't going mad. They were removed with the pre-Cataclysm events.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

For people saying if you lost your title during 60 you didnt get it back...

Um hello I got Warlord (rank 13) and quit PvPing. I got deranked all the way down to like Rank 4-5 when they locked out the ranks near the end of vanilla. I have my warlord title now. So yes...it was you got to keep your highest earned title (AFTER they reintroduced the titles)

I have the Legionnaire title on my mage, that is the only proof I have, unless you count it took me weeks of farming motes in Felwood to get my epic mount lol
    Intell 8088 @ 7.14Mhz | 604K RAM | TCGA 16 Color graphics | TWO 5.25" 640K Floppy drives | 10MB Hard disk

Quote Originally Posted by Banders View Post
    Hey all

Just been trying to think about what items/gear/anything else you could have that could prove you were a vanilla player

I've been wracking(sp?) my brain to try and think of things that were only around in vanilla that weren't available once other expansions came along....Achieve's didn't come in until BC...Scarab Lord could be gotten in BC...Naxx gear...not to mention the BMAH

Only things that jumped out were the pre-BC event gear and the original epic mounts....(and that one legendary that accidentally dropped in MC)....What other things could you have which could be from vanilla WoW and only from vanilla WoW?
    here is my proof:
    feat of strength pvp title,
    collector's edition: panda, diablo, mini-zergling
    tabard of the prtector

Deleted
    I have knight title + tabard of the protector on my warrior, but my warlock is still older character and have absolutely nothing to prove it, lol. But this whole "vanilla player" is fucking hipster shit at it's worst.
    Last edited by mmoc64ace7a841; 2012-11-26 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ettan View Post
    It is 4 of the old world bosses

Emeriss/Lethon/Ysondre/Taerar
    In addition to those we also had Azuregos and Kazzak/Kruul.
    Was there any boss that was around only for vanilla that was removed when BC hit? Just thinking that maybe loot items from them would be unique to vanilla WoW

When did Kazzak leave Azeroth and head to Outland?

I have Earthstrike and the entire Symbols of Unending Life set. Regardless, who does care?

Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    here is my proof:
    feat of strength pvp title,
    tabard of the prtector
    All that PLUS Exalted with the Hydraxian Waterlords, and if you played Vanilla you know that was hard to pull off

Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    I have knight title + tabard of the protector on my warrior, but my warlock is still older character and have absolutely nothing to prove it, lol. But this whole "vanilla player" is fucking hipster shit on it's worst.
    Totally...not focussing on the "vanilla player" rather trying to look at the vanilla item - seeing what unique things there are in the game

Am I right in saying that you can still get the old vanilla collectors edition pets now...just as long as you buy an unused collectors edition of someone?

Quote Originally Posted by z0phi3l View Post
    All that PLUS Exalted with the Hydraxian Waterlords, and if you played Vanilla you know that was hard to pull off
    That doesn't prove you played in Vanilla, though, since you can still get the rep now, and have always been able to grind it.

Quote Originally Posted by z0phi3l View Post
    I can imagine...I was a big girls blouse and did that casually in wrath while farming for tier gear

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jaykaywhy View Post
    You can buy an original CE even today if you're made of money, so that alone doesn't necessarily mean one played classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Botaddict View Post
    Um hello I got Warlord (rank 13) and quit PvPing. I got deranked all the way down to like Rank 4-5 when they locked out the ranks near the end of vanilla. I have my warlord title now. So yes...it was you got to keep your highest earned title (AFTER they reintroduced the titles)
    I stand corrected then. There must have been some point when you it was possible, because I have one toon (my highest rank) who ended up with a title two ranks below her highest earned (but it was the title I had when they removed the ability to earn them any longer)

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Why does it even matter? Who cares? Your skill now is what matters.
    The OP cares. He didn't mention anything to do with skill or if being a vanilla player = better player. Why even reply?