Thread: Is it me?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Etamalgren View Post
    They -can- be broken during Jasper overload, yes, but when you're at the point where the whole raid is under chains (minus the tanks) and Jasper's spamming Jasper chains nonstop (which happens when the entire raid is under chains), it's probably better just to deal with standing next to your chained partner, which becomes unfortunate when it's a ranged or healer attached to a melee, but even then it shouldn't be that hard to deal with.
    If you break chains every jasper phase, you end up with your whole raid with chains still? Maybe it's different on ten man. On 25 man, we only have a few groups of people chained, and they break them no problem.

Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

Just to add some clarity to the discussion on jasper chains:

-If you're chained ranged to ranged, don't break them ever
    -If you're chained melee to melee, don't break them ever
    -If you're chained ranged to melee - THEN break them during jasper overload.

There's really no reason to break chains on two people who are free to stand in the same spot, all it does is give a chance for new chains to spawn on them that are even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    Just to add some clarity to the discussion on jasper chains:

-If you're chained ranged to ranged, don't break them ever
    -If you're chained melee to melee, don't break them ever
    -If you're chained ranged to melee - THEN break them during jasper overload.

There's really no reason to break chains on two people who are free to stand in the same spot, all it does is give a chance for new chains to spawn on them that are even worse.
    It becomes pretty important on heroic, because you may need those people to light up tiles.

Sunfyre | Blog | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    It becomes pretty important on heroic, because you may need those people to light up tiles.
    True, but thats a specific case that will only apply to the individuals designated to do so. Plus, we're talking about the best way to deal with normal stone guards.. heroic is likely a ways away ;P

Quote Originally Posted by Sunfyre View Post
    If you break chains every jasper phase, you end up with your whole raid with chains still? Maybe it's different on ten man. On 25 man, we only have a few groups of people chained, and they break them no problem.
    It seems like that on ten man, that's for sure. By the time another jasper phase comes out, usually the entire raid is under chains and the jasper guardian is spamming Jasper chains. Could just be bad luck with the time between Jasper phases, though.
    It's to the point where my RL and healers agreed and said: "Screw it, let's just deal with being chained".

Blademaster
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisdkramer View Post
    My 466 frost mage did 90k the last time I did stone guards.
    hmmmmm, no.

Please state why you disagree. Just saying "No" or "Wrong" is not constructive to the thread.
    Last edited by Sunfyre; 2012-11-28 at 08:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by arynzr View Post
    hmmmmm, no.

Please state why you disagree. Just saying "No" or "Wrong" is not constructive to the thread.
    lol
    I have a parse at 80k in my current logs, I only log about 25% of the raid content that I do, 90k isnt even particularly impressive on a cleave fight