Wink PvP Shard and Fanction questions for some friends.

Hi all,

After some posts here me and my friends decide to start Rift ( and we are excited about this).Straight to the point i want to ask 3 things :
    1) Which shard you could suggest to transfering to, in order to do a lot of pvp (fast queues lots of ppl etc.)
    2)In the Shard u may suggest which fanction should we choose? (in WoW if the enemy faction has more ppl than you the bg queues are faster for example but if in ur faction there are many ppl is easier to raid and dungeon grid)
    3)I want a confirmation about a guy who told me that transfers are totally free and they can be ingame.Also transfers are fast enough or it will take some days to transfer my char?Finally is there option for faction change for my char ? (atm he is Defiant)

P.S We gonna start from the begin all of us lvling towards 60 but unfortunately we are all working real life so it wont be hardcore (we already formed a full 5man grp for some fast dungeons) we arent new to mmos or Rift especially so if u can give us some tips about lvling tacts i would be gratefull.

Hey

here are some quick responses:

1. If you're in the EU region, and your native language is english, then Bloodiron is the PvP Shard to go. If you're in the US region, then Seastone is the shard you're looking for. Here is a full listing of Rift Shards along with the corresponding populations: http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/index.php

2. There is a mercenary system in place on rift that balances out the warfronts and speeds up queues, so if too many Guardians are queuing for example, then some of them would be placed with Defiants as mercenaries and warfronts will be balanced. In dungeons, you will be able to play with members of both factions (even if on a PvP shard, if i'm not mistaken) and because of that queues are in a good state. Rift has mostly done away with factions, so choose the faction that appeals to you the most.

3. Transfers are free and are done in game, and they are instant, no waiting at all. there is no option for a faction change at the moment in Rift, but with the changes to the game, its pretty much unnecessary. on PvE shards, guardians and defiants can be in the same guild.

Tips for Leveling: Use instant adventures as much as you can, do any zone invasions you come across, and close as many rifts as you find. 1-50 can be done in 24 hours /played time. 50 - 60 is another story altogether and currently needs at least 48 hours /played as per what some people have been reporting.

Also, make sure that you use the ascend a friend feature - it will grant your friends a trinket that increase xp gained by 20% up to level 20, and it will grant the person who initiated the invite several rewards such as XP pots (increases xp gain by 100%) and other rewards like level 50 gear currency.

Welcome to Telara.
    {I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it. }

Quote Originally Posted by Antipathy View Post
    Hey

here are some quick responses:

1. If you're in the EU region, and your native language is english, then Bloodiron is the PvP Shard to go. If you're in the US region, then Seastone is the shard you're looking for. Here is a full listing of Rift Shards along with the corresponding populations: http://www.riftgame.com/en/shardstatus/index.php

2. There is a mercenary system in place on rift that balances out the warfronts and speeds up queues, so if too many Guardians are queuing for example, then some of them would be placed with Defiants as mercenaries and warfronts will be balanced. In dungeons, you will be able to play with members of both factions (even if on a PvP shard, if i'm not mistaken) and because of that queues are in a good state. Rift has mostly done away with factions, so choose the faction that appeals to you the most.

3. Transfers are free and are done in game, and they are instant, no waiting at all. there is no option for a faction change at the moment in Rift, but with the changes to the game, its pretty much unnecessary. on PvE shards, guardians and defiants can be in the same guild.

Tips for Leveling: Use instant adventures as much as you can, do any zone invasions you come across, and close as many rifts as you find. 1-50 can be done in 24 hours /played time. 50 - 60 is another story altogether and currently needs at least 48 hours /played as per what some people have been reporting.

Also, make sure that you use the ascend a friend feature - it will grant your friends a trinket that increase xp gained by 20% up to level 20, and it will grant the person who initiated the invite several rewards such as XP pots (increases xp gain by 100%) and other rewards like level 50 gear currency.

Welcome to Telara.
    Mate srsly u were really really helpfull,ill check this friend feature since im not too good with these things.Once again thx a lot! gogo its RIFT time!

Akon,

The only thing Antipathy didn't touch on is world PvP. You mentioned queue times for PvP, so we're assuming you're focused on warfronts. If WFs are your main interest, there's little reason to join a PvP shard. If you want open-world ganking and fighting, then yeah, you'll want a PvP shard, but if it's just warfronts you're interested in, pick a PvE realm. Why? Defiants and Guardians can join the same guilds, raid together, group together, chat with one another, and already share the same auction house system. When flagged for PvP (which is default for the majority of the zones) no grouping can be done with the opposite faction. That can add considerably to wait times or hurt experience gains out in the world.

If you live and breath PvP, these things might not affect you much, but, if you do enjoy the occasional dungeon, open world content (not pvp related), etc. it pays to be on a PvE shard. Due to the benefits of cross-faction play, PvP shards are a dying thing in Rift.

Quote Originally Posted by akon View Post
    1) Which shard you could suggest to transfering to, in order to do a lot of pvp (fast queues lots of ppl etc.)
    WFs (Warfronts) and Conquest are cross-shard - I'm pretty sure that the EU and the US are both singular superclusters now (everyone from every shard queues into the same pool). Choose a med- to high-pop shard and queue away. LFG (for dungeons) is also cross-shard. Prev comments with regards to world PvP, questing, and PvE raids are all relevant.
    2)In the Shard u may suggest which fanction should we choose? (in WoW if the enemy faction has more ppl than you the bg queues are faster for example but if in ur faction there are many ppl is easier to raid and dungeon grid)
    If you queue to a WF, you may get mercenaried - put on to the opposite faction for the duration of the WF. This means the queues are pretty equivalent for both factions. It's usually less than 5 minutes if you go for a random WF. Conquest (when it gets re-enabled) is three faction, and you can select any faction each time it happens (1 hour from end of one match to start of next match, matches last 20 mins to 2 hours).
    3)I want a confirmation about a guy who told me that transfers are totally free and they can be ingame.Also transfers are fast enough or it will take some days to transfer my char?Finally is there option for faction change for my char ? (atm he is Defiant)
    Totally free, up to once every 7 days. There are some limitations of which shards you can swap to, and you're limited (at lower levels) to a certain amount of currency moved. I don't know about changing faction - it's becoming significantly less relevant (Faction is Fiction!) with the latest updates.

Thx a lot guys u were really helpfull.Atm we are installing Rift + SL and we will start soon.Ill come back soon for some more questions aobut this friend recruit style since some of us already failed to do so (yes we are just pvp dogs and nothing more).Once again it was really nice to see fast and accurate answers.
    Just to keep us in heat the team goes like this : 1)inquisitor pvp (me) 2) saboteur pvp 3) assasin pvp 4)champion pvp 4) mage pvp (prob dominator ) 5) gayomancer (soz chloromancer, my friend whos gonna play this is here and i want to tease him).If i remember right T2 were hard to complete so we gonna need,and correct me if im mistaken, 1 tank 1 healer 1 offhealer 2 dps.This set up worked really good when we started rift for 1st time and after some gear up T2 were really smooth.

P.S In every game we were playing (Lineage2+wow+Conan+Swtor+warhammer+Rift+Aion+dota+hon+lol+dota2) i was the caster dps in our company, after my research i think that inquisitor+cabalist+sentinel is what i look for if anyone has any other opinion about this have in mind that i was playing destro lock 5 years in wow for pvp (some dot+burst+some tricks with stun fear etc). Any tips are welcome.

Just to keep us in heat the team goes like this : 1)inquisitor pvp (me) 2) saboteur pvp 3) assasin pvp 4)champion pvp 4) mage pvp (prob dominator ) 5) gayomancer (soz chloromancer, my friend whos gonna play this is here and i want to tease him).If i remember right T2 were hard to complete so we gonna need,and correct me if im mistaken, 1 tank 1 healer 1 offhealer 2 dps.This set up worked really good when we started rift for 1st time and after some gear up T2 were really smooth.

P.S In every game we were playing (Lineage2+wow+Conan+Swtor+warhammer+Rift+Aion+dota+hon+lol+dota2) i was the caster dps in our company, after my research i think that inquisitor+cabalist+sentinel is what i look for if anyone has any other opinion about this have in mind that i was playing destro lock 5 years in wow for pvp (some dot+burst+some tricks with stun fear etc). Any tips are welcome.
    - PvP souls have been removed. You get PvP Planar Attunement to gain PvP specific abilities, I think this starts at level 50 only.
    - T2s have been removed (at least, if you were playing Rift when there were T1 and T2 dungeons) - all level 50 customized dungeons are "Classic Experts".
    - You can buy up to 6 active builds to swap between (out of combat, 2 sec cast time), and respeccing is a fixed, low price. If you go cleric, you can have self-healing caster DPS (Inquis/Cab/Justicar), self-healing melee DPS (Justicar/Druid), AoE Healer with lots of HoTs(Warden plus whatever), and mebbe something that does damage mitigation and other stuff (Defiler-based), plus a couple other specs for leveling. I generally solo-join PvP either as a Warden (great way to grind, AoE heals = credit for all kills!) or as a warrior (don't have a SL build yet).
    - At 60, you're gonna get baseline PvP stats for free, but if you level via PvP (it's feasible! - did it on my warrior), you'll have enough currency and notoriety just to buy better stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Onorvele View Post
    - PvP souls have been removed. You get PvP Planar Attunement to gain PvP specific abilities, I think this starts at level 50 only.
    - T2s have been removed (at least, if you were playing Rift when there were T1 and T2 dungeons) - all level 50 customized dungeons are "Classic Experts".
    - You can buy up to 6 active builds to swap between (out of combat, 2 sec cast time), and respeccing is a fixed, low price. If you go cleric, you can have self-healing caster DPS (Inquis/Cab/Justicar), self-healing melee DPS (Justicar/Druid), AoE Healer with lots of HoTs(Warden plus whatever), and mebbe something that does damage mitigation and other stuff (Defiler-based), plus a couple other specs for leveling. I generally solo-join PvP either as a Warden (great way to grind, AoE heals = credit for all kills!) or as a warrior (don't have a SL build yet).
    - At 60, you're gonna get baseline PvP stats for free, but if you level via PvP (it's feasible! - did it on my warrior), you'll have enough currency and notoriety just to buy better stuff.
    PvP skills from PvP planars? sounds interesting where i can find more details about this?

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP skills from PvP planars? sounds interesting where i can find more details about this?
    A bit about Planar Attunement

http://www.riftgame.com/en/game/attunement.php

http://rift.zam.com/wiki/Planar_Attunement_%28Rift%29

If you want to play around with points and see what 'goodies' you will get from the Attunement of War PvP tree, here's two calculators to theorycraft on

http://rift.zam.com/en/pa.html

http://rift.magelo.com/en/planar-attunement

Deleted

http://rift.zam.com/en/pa.html there you go, you gain experience post level 50 and it goes into planar attunement points, there is a whole tree for pvp i think its called the attunement of war, im not sure.

Lovely thx a lot ppl! This attunement of War looks cool! thx again