1. #1
    Pandaren Monk Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    1,807

    About the Sha of Fear

    Hey everyone, here is the question for all of you why is the Sha of fear the end boss of this tier raid content why does it seems that he is the strongest Sha? isn't it suppose that they are all equel in power and each just represent a certain negative emotion? we have an example that Sha of violent is just a 5 man dungeon boss but we have the Sha of fear who is the final raid boss of this tier + he is the responsible of the corruption of the Mantid Empress.

    In my personal opinion I think all the Sha are just equel in power and the reason we some of them are just from quests or 5 man and others from raids is just a gameplay mechanics.

    Discuss please and thanks for reading.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Mechagnome -Raer-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Mountains
    Posts
    593
    The more emotion felt on Pandaria the stronger the Sha would be. I'm guessing there is a LOT of fear at the appearance of the Sha/Mogu.

  4. #4
    Mechagnome Critical92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bergen, Norway
    Posts
    553
    Where do you get equal power from?

    Its like the seven heads of Tathamet in Diablo, they're not all equal in terms of power.

  5. #5
    Pandaren Monk Velshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    One with the Light
    Posts
    1,807
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfmagesffs View Post
    in my opinion i think that you are wrong
    It will be nice if you mention the reason you think I'm wrong instead of just saying that thank you.

    ---------- Post added 2012-11-26 at 08:39 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Critical92 View Post
    Where do you get equal power from?

    Its like the seven heads of Tathamet in Diablo, they're not all equal in terms of power.
    Different power not saying exactly the same power but each of them represnt the same concept which is a negative emotion that's why I think they are equel.

  6. #6
    Each Sha is based on a negative emotion. When that emotion grows around them, they too grow and get stronger. Fear is one of the strongest emotions a person can feel so of coarse the Sha of Fear would be the strongest, and remember, he managed to corrupt the Mantid's leader.

  7. #7
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,551
    Fear is ridiculously powerful and something virtually everyone experiences.

    Fear also possessed nearly an entire other faction and then used them to wage war on the rest of Pandaria...creating more fear.

    Fear also seems to be at least somewhat intelligent. Violence, Anger, and Despair seem to be fairly mindless. Doubt is semi-competent, and Hatred manages to corrupt the Shado-Pan, so its smart too.

    But combine Fear's intelligence with the whole "I have an army" thing, and he's the best.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    Hey everyone, here is the question for all of you why is the Sha of fear the end boss of this tier raid content why does it seems that he is the strongest Sha? isn't it suppose that they are all equel in power and each just represent a certain negative emotion? we have an example that Sha of violent is just a 5 man dungeon boss but we have the Sha of fear who is the final raid boss of this tier + he is the responsible of the corruption of the Mantid Empress.

    In my personal opinion I think all the Sha are just equel in power and the reason we some of them are just from quests or 5 man and others from raids is just a gameplay mechanics.

    Discuss please and thanks for reading.
    They are not equal in power. It's explained when you become exalted with Klaxxi. Spoiler alert! The pandaren people knew that the Sha thrived on negative emotions and so they developed their culture and society to be more easygoing, joyful ad humble. Though it has been so many years of generation after generation being raised to be happy and forgiving that the reason why was eventually forgotten; it seems many pandaren think the Sha are just bedtime stories for children. This is more noticable in south-eastern Pandaria (as the further north-east you go, the more of an effect the Sha seem to have had on Pandaria.)

    With the Alliance and Horde suddenly landing on Pandaria, the Sha have had large amounts of negative energy to feed off. Because the Sha are phyical manifestations of negative emotions, the more emotion there is, the stronger they become. The Sha of Fear is a testament to the fear experienced by every person standing on Pandaria soil; with all the warring the Horde and Alliance have caused and the fear experienced by each side and those caught in the middle, it's no wonder the Sha has has grown to such powerful influence. The Sha has used it's influence to corrupt and warp the mind of the Grand Empress of the Mantid, making her strength his own. Through her, it's will is done. If left unchecked, it could prove infinitely more disastrous than it already is.

  9. #9
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,138
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Fear is ridiculously powerful and something virtually everyone experiences.
    t.
    I think this sums it up

    Especially with people's greatest fear of all, the fear of death
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  10. #10
    Bloodsail Admiral HavelTheRock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Leyowin View Post
    The more emotion felt on Pandaria the stronger the Sha would be. I'm guessing there is a LOT of fear at the appearance of the Sha/Mogu.
    Pretty much this, Sha of Fear has a lot more energy to feed off than Violence or Anger.

  11. #11
    The Insane det's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    The forums
    Posts
    16,968
    Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to crappy Star Wars prequels. And they ruin everything. That's why
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One cause is a cognitive bias called projection bias. Essentially living inside your own head your entire life makes it exceedingly difficult to understand how others do not also live your same life, think your same thoughts, and hold your same beliefs. In many cases it's quite frustrating to try to empathize and understand why you yourself may not be the center of the universe, which generally results in one 'acting out' in various ways.
    So, in short: the internet.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Each Sha is based on a negative emotion. When that emotion grows around them, they too grow and get stronger. Fear is one of the strongest emotions a person can feel so of coarse the Sha of Fear would be the strongest, and remember, he managed to corrupt the Mantid's leader.
    Yes, this. Think about each Sha and their relative strength.

    Despair inhabits the mind of Chi Ji, but it's really not all that strong and only infests a few villagers. The player and Anduin take it down fairly easily.

    Hatred takes over Shado-Pan monastery because of their own hatred of the sha themselves. It's a rather specific emotion, and as such it is not very strong.

    Doubt surrounds the Temple of the Jade Serpent and the dwindling faith in the Celestials to protect Pandaria. In the range of emotions, it's actually not quite even fear or all that strong of an emotion at all.

    Violence is much more than the weakling we face in SPM, it once desecrated a huge part of Jade Forest due to the war between the Alliance and Horde, it was simply captured afterwards and weakened.

    Anger surrounds the entire Alliance and Horde, the trolls, and the Yuangol, fueling it to become the monstrosity that we see in Kun-Lai.

    Fear is the most powerful because literally everyone on Pandaria is afraid of something. The Pandarens fear the Mantid, the Trolls, the Mogu, and the Sha. The Horde and Alliance fear each other. However, it focuses specifically on the Mantid because the Empress fears total annihilation at the hands of the returning Mogu, the Pandarens, and the Horde and Alliance. While the other sha are fueled by situational emotions, the Sha of Fear harnesses the power of the most basic emotion sentient beings can have, and grows exponentially as people fear... fear itself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •