Thread: Hammer skins

Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Hammer skins

    I've been trying to find a good looking hammer for a while now on gw2db.com but so far i havn't had much 'luck'. So i thought i might aswell ask for your help trying to find a good looking weapon for my level 80 guardian.

    Basicly i've fallen in love with the way hammer plays on my guardian but i've been having a rough time while leveling finding a good looking weapon. I've even picked up and maxed out weaponsmith and crafted the rares all the way up to 80 but i've been let down every completed craft xD.

    Compared to 2H swords (which look stunning !!!) the hammers i've seen so far look dull in comparison. Atm im trying to get my exsotic weapon crafted but i am already looking for a weapon so i can get the looks i'd like.

    Most hammers look rather small (esp on my asura). My gf plays the greatsword and she often makes fun of my small pokestickes :P

    So question:
    Are there any (Steel looking) hammers with a big hammer head at all in this game? Please show me the way so i can get myself something that actually look like it'll hurt when you get your face smashed in by me^^.
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    But do they have data showing how much fun players are having? Because surely that's what counts. You could have a game where only 1% of players can do the top raid but still everybody's having fun, and you could have a game where 100% of the players see everything but they're all bored and whining and quitting. Fun can't be quantified with straight-up data, and trying to use statistics to measure fun is a dangerous logical minefield.
    "The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

  2. #2
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-11-26 at 05:11 PM.

  3. #3
    haha yea well :P
    i ment ofc. something i can wear WHILE grinding the legendary one
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    But do they have data showing how much fun players are having? Because surely that's what counts. You could have a game where only 1% of players can do the top raid but still everybody's having fun, and you could have a game where 100% of the players see everything but they're all bored and whining and quitting. Fun can't be quantified with straight-up data, and trying to use statistics to measure fun is a dangerous logical minefield.
    "The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

  4. #4

  5. #5
    I think there are more then 13 hammer skins
    Quote Originally Posted by laserguns View Post
    But do they have data showing how much fun players are having? Because surely that's what counts. You could have a game where only 1% of players can do the top raid but still everybody's having fun, and you could have a game where 100% of the players see everything but they're all bored and whining and quitting. Fun can't be quantified with straight-up data, and trying to use statistics to measure fun is a dangerous logical minefield.
    "The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

  6. #6
    yh that was the best I can find from google

    they just have to make a preview butten for the TP already.

  7. #7
    From GW2 wiki - http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gallery_of_Hammers

    Other than that go to The Mists and preview the Hammers in the PvP locker.

  8. #8
    You're not alone.

    I've been running around with a hammer for some time now on my Guardian as well, and there sure aren't that many cool looking hammer skins, in my opinion. That's why I have been running around with The Icebreaker, which is a Hall of Monument hammer.

  9. #9
    http://www.guildhead.com/item/31078/...power-of-peril
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/galler...ractal-hammer/
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Mjolnir.jpg

    These looks pretty good (non-legendary), but I do agree that there's very few hammer skins that's decent to my eyes.

  10. #10
    I like the crafted exotic hammer (pearl) however I do feel your pain as the only other skins I like are the colossus and juggernaut. The corrupted hammer and kodan hammer look ok aswell.

    Foefire's hammer could be a long term goal if you don't want a legendary, and it probably looks better then even the legendary.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    Plz show me your spreadsheets.
    5. You think critting for 5k is awesome, I normal hit for 7.4k with autoattacks.
    Some people are too pro.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Trungalung View Post
    http://www.guildhead.com/item/31078/...power-of-peril
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/galler...ractal-hammer/
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File:Mjolnir.jpg

    These looks pretty good (non-legendary), but I do agree that there's very few hammer skins that's decent to my eyes.
    They look good indeed, but the amount of gold, time and farming you need to do to get those unique looking exotics is beyond mad.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dempsey View Post
    Foefire's hammer could be a long term goal if you don't want a legendary, and it probably looks better then even the legendary.
    The Juggernaut and Forefire's Power, in my opinion, is pretty much the same on the cool meter for me. However, the question I always get in my head is ''Why should I go for Foefire's Power when the Legendary, The Juggernaut, will be boosted to Ascended weapon stats, having better stats than exotics.''
    Last edited by Klavier Gavin; 2012-11-26 at 08:35 PM.

  12. #12
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Personally I'm a fan of the God Skull hammer, so you could always check that out?

    PS: the fact you dislike the Krait Warhammer makes me a saaaaaaaaad panda
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  13. #13
    The Asura T3 Peacemaker Hammer looks decently nice enough and only costs 63k karma. It's one of the few that looks big enough for smashing around.

  14. #14
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    255
    I'm in the same boat for every single weapon.
    The vast majority of skins don't fit my taste, I find most of them awful.
    Anyway, the Icebreaker and the Vigil hammer are somewhat neat imo.

  15. #15
    Orian Hammer or Ascalonian Hammer

  16. #16
    The Juggernaut looks more like a Staff than a Hammer.... ugly as hell :s

  17. #17
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Thyr View Post
    The Juggernaut looks more like a Staff than a Hammer.... ugly as hell :s
    Tsk tsk, some people have no taste!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

  18. #18
    Fractal hammer is nice.

  19. #19
    I just uploaded a video of my favorite GW2 hammer, "Mjolnir." While not a legendary, it's just as hard to make... and looks a lot better than The Jugg, imho. Just search for 'raxel mjolnir' on Youtube.

  20. #20
    The Lightbringer Durzlla's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    3,650
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Fractal hammer is nice.
    Can you link a pic?

    @Raxel, well... It's not -as- hard to make and visually it's lacking (compared to a legendary) but my god do I fucking love the Mjolnir hammer skin!! If you're a guardian you should Norse God it up by gettin The Bifrost too xD.

    for anyone wondering Mjolnir weapon skin = lightning hammer conjour
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •