Thread: Hammer skins

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'll try to get the link to the video in here, but MMOChamp is not letting me post URLs till i've "made several postings." It's not clear how many posts I have to make on these forums before they'll let me upload a picture or insert a link.

Meanwhile, he's a codebreakable URL for the video: http (colon slash slash) youtu (dot) be (slash) d26Iu_syKPc

Remove spaces, obviously...

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not clear how many posts I have to make on these forums before they'll let me upload a picture or insert a link.
    10 Posts so far....

Here's the direct link to video of 'Mjölnir' hammer in action: http://youtu.be/d26Iu_syKPc

http://dulfy.net/2013/01/20/gw2-hammer-skins-gallery/

Shows all the hammer skins currently available, I think anyway. Really surprised that Mjolnir isn't the legendary honestly, it looks far flashier than Juggernaut does.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxel View Post
    Here's the direct link to video of 'Mjölnir' hammer in action: http://youtu.be/d26Iu_syKPc
    looks great!
    Warrior, getting my face smashed in because I love it

"The Perfect Raid Design Drawn by me .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgette View Post
    http://dulfy.net/2013/01/20/gw2-hammer-skins-gallery/

Shows all the hammer skins currently available, I think anyway. Really surprised that Mjolnir isn't the legendary honestly, it looks far flashier than Juggernaut does.
    Juggernaut is actually a hell of a lot more flashy, however it doesn't look it until you start fighting... that and Mjolnir is just taking the ele lightning hammer skin and putting it onto a permanent hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Juggernaut is actually a hell of a lot more flashy, however it doesn't look it until you start fighting... that and Mjolnir is just taking the ele lightning hammer skin and putting it onto a permanent hammer.
    That's the sad part of it, you don't really notice the effects of it until it's being swung, and with the mess of ability effects in groups/zerges it just gets lost. But that seems to be a problem with every legendary except The Dreamer from what I have observed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadgette View Post
    That's the sad part of it, you don't really notice the effects of it until it's being swung, and with the mess of ability effects in groups/zerges it just gets lost. But that seems to be a problem with every legendary except The Dreamer from what I have observed.
    Well, quip and The Moot are also really noticeable in crowds because confetti and fireworks and disco lights just go EVERYWHERE while those things are in the battle field lol

Juggernaut does change your armor and foot steps though, when you equip it I know something sort of flows over your armor changin the color.
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Deleted
    Going to level a character just to get The Juggernaught, what class makes most use out of an hammer? Warrior or Guardian?

Personaly I kinda like the ghastly hammer skin. Decent enough during the day but the nighttime glow is sweet. Has the advantage of being really easy to get too. Run all 3 paths of AC for 2 days or so and your set. Then agian AC is my go to place for gear on the cheep till I can afford whatever I really wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sjorrit View Post
    Going to level a character just to get The Juggernaught, what class makes most use out of an hammer? Warrior or Guardian?
    Well for warrior hammer is the primary CC weapon. Useful for controlling mobs in PVE and generally decent AOE potential. It really shines when in a pack with other hammer warriors in WvW as 5 or 6 hammer warriors can lock down an enemy zerg very effectivly.

Cant really say much about guardian hammer other than I dont seem to see them nearly as often as I do hammer warriors but YMMV.
    Last edited by Merendel; 2013-02-06 at 10:38 PM.

Who is John Galt?

I find hammer warriors rely on stuns/knockbacks/knockdowns/...
    while the guardian focuses more on ground control/immobilise/ring people can't exit/...

So they both make use of it a lot but just in different ways. I haven't played hammer a lot on my guardian but as far as I can tell the damage is better on warriors since enemies can't heal through your control. While the guardian is awesome at holding choke-points but needs backup to kill stuff (generalisations here).

If I were you I'd benchmark it. Level a warrior and a guard to 30 or so and see what you like best. Imo you should level all toons to 30 before you decide on your main anyway but most people cba