Deleted

Un'sok's constructs and the Smash ability

Hello,

Yesterday we've killed Un'sok as usual, and now i'm highly puzzled : i was transformed approximately at the middle of phase 2, but even if everything went fine, when i looked at our logs after the fight, i noticed that i haven't used a single Smash (auto-attack) on the boss.

I can clearly remember right clicking his model more than once during the fight (his head, because it's so big compared to standard player models), and i had him/abomination selected as target for the whole time, and i was able to use Amber Strike to kick/dps without any trouble.

I'm unable to understand why i didn't have a single Smash going out for the whole fight, while other transformed players were fine.

Do you have any idea on what i did (or what went) wrong ? Thanks in advance.

Only a few possibilities really. Either you didn't right click, were out of range, or your logs are bugged and didn't track the Smash damage.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    Only a few possibilities really. Either you didn't right click, were out of range, or your logs are bugged and didn't track the Smash damage.
    As for range, if i'm in range to Amber Strike, shouldn't i be in range to Smash too ?
    Because yes, i'm usually not sitting inside the boss
    I'm prefering to be on a side of him, in the direction of the next pool i'm gonna eat.

Last question, do any of these two abilities have dodge/parry effect ?
    I mean, should i be behind him as a standard melee or can i stay where i want around him ?

As for the logs tracking the Smash damage, it was working.
    All 6 other constructs except the 2 of us have Smash ability accounted for.
    Last edited by mmoc79483d36b0; 2012-11-26 at 12:22 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by nipil View Post
    As for range, if i'm in range to Amber Strike, shouldn't i be in range to Smash too ?
    Because yes, i'm usually not sitting inside the boss
    I'm prefering to be on a side of him, in the direction of the next pool i'm gonna eat.
    Not necessarily. Ranges can be fickle things like that. Just stand inside his hit box, no downside to doing it and you should make sure auto attack goes off that way.

Last question, do any of these two abilities have dodge/parry effect ?
    I mean, should i be behind him as a standard melee or can i stay where i want around him ?
    No, the constructs cannot be dodged, parried, missed, blocked, glanced, or anything. Attacks will always hit or crit. On that note, they inherit your crit strike chance, which is nice.

Deleted
    As you're mentionning it, i think that the construct inherits haste too (for auto-slap) as i'm seeing anywhere from 1.5 to 2.0 between two Smash lines, but i've seen no proof so far.

Anyway, thanks for your feedback ; i'll hopefully see next week that moving closer solves the issue (let's hope it's not a right click problem).