Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeara View Post
    He will have more use out of a 7970 than out of a 7950. It is as simple as that.
    And we cant really tell how many cores games will be using in the near future. I think the new xbox/ps3 both will have 4 cores, so who knows maybe we will actually see some improvement in that area.

And about your mainrule. His cpu wont be bottlenecking anything, so....
    I haven't been talking about a 7970/7950.

Using such cards is a shame with any FX cpu especially WoW, GW2. Pretty sure the i5 will bottleneck the 7970 for like 50% less than the FX because WoW is limited to 2 cores and 2fx cores = 1 intel core.

Games like BF3 are using upto 16 threads, so the FX 8xxx would never have a chance to bottleneck any high-end card.

FX8150 is not really an "octacore" to me, the cores are all sharing the same components and there are only 4 FPU's for 8 cores :<. I rather call this a quadcore, typically an intel fanboy?

Uhm Xbox/ps3 are really working different than PC's. The games are being specially written for the device while for the PC it's being written for the API DirectX just because everyone has different hardware that's why they inplented directx/opengl.

Xbox's GPU is better than the PS3's one, but the Xenon GPU of the xbox is comparable to a x1900xt and it's running bf3 etc on ultra settings which is just amazing. We all know that a x1900xt can't run Battlefield 3 or Crysis 2 at any chance.

Biggest improve to the new xbox etc is that they both will use x86 cpu's which is just going to be a lot easier for the scripters and will result in better stability & performance. Writing for the PS3's cell cpu is just horrible hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithh View Post
    I haven't been talking about a 7970/7950.

Using such cards is a shame with any FX cpu especially WoW, GW2. Pretty sure the i5 will bottleneck the 7970 for like 50% less than the FX because WoW is limited to 2 cores and 2fx cores = 1 intel core.

Games like BF3 are using upto 16 threads, so the FX 8xxx would never have a chance to bottleneck any high-end card.
    The reason the OP is getting an FX, is because so he can get the 7970....
    And no cpu on the market today, will bottleneck a gpu.

The reason the OP is getting an FX, is because so he can get the 7970....
    And no cpu on the market today, will bottleneck a gpu.
    2600k even bottlenecks a gtx 680 in 25m raids @ ultra.

Well let me give you a few of what I'm trying to explain.

Both @ 5GHz, used psych cores only
    1. 2600K 1core enabled, GPU usage 14% & 8FPS - http://i.imgur.com/aSjG6.jpg
    2. 2600K 2cores enabled, GPU usage 54% & 35fps - http://i.imgur.com/Y5EVK.jpg

Check rightside to the CPU meter gadget as evidence.

If I enable a 3rd/4th core, I don't get any fps boost because this game only recognizing 2 or 3 but the 3rd core is rather just taking work off instead of providing additional performance.

Id really start to worry about the FX crap though (refer to my post with cinebench stuff). And a 3570k costs the same as the FX and it's uses less power even.

Deleted
    2600k even bottlenecks a gtx 680 in 25m raids @ ultra.
    Im sorry, but that is not a cpu bottlenecking a gpu.

edit

A cpu bottlenecking a gpu would mean that the cpu cant send enough instructions to the gpu in order for the gpu to work at full potential.

Id really start to worry about the FX crap though (refer to my post with cinebench stuff). And a 3570k costs the same as the FX and it's uses less power even.
    somewhere in this posts the OP states that the i5 is about 50 euros more expensive... and he is using that money to buy the 7970.
    Last edited by mmoc24391763c2; 2012-11-27 at 09:49 PM.

Im sorry, but that is not a cpu bottlenecking a gpu.
    I'm sorry for you as well that you didn't understand it.

I'll try to add one more thing. http://media.bestofmicro.com/J/6/318...aft%201920.png

Ofcourse vsync disabled:
    One more thing, if you have very low fps like 34fps and a gpu usage of 50% you have a cpu bottleneck. If you have 34fps with a gpu usage of 99% you have a gpu bottleneck or in other words gpu needs to be upgraded.

Deleted
    What you are showing is, that in WoW you are running into a cpu bottleneck.
    That does not mean your cpu is bottlenecking your gpu.

What you are showing is, that in WoW you are running into a cpu bottleneck.
    That does not mean your cpu is bottlenecking your gpu.
    NIC Card bottlenecking? Yes im being ironic.

Anyways my freaking point was that a single core from any sandy bridge is twice as fast as a single core from any FX junk. That WoW uses only 2 cores, I'm making sense that Intel is a better choice.

An i3 vs FX8350 (clocked down to match the i3 clocks), the i3 is a winner in WoW. But not in games like BF3 or SWTOR which are heavily multithreaded.

Deleted

Anyways my freaking point was that a single core from any sandy bridge is twice as fast as a single core from any FX junk. That WoW uses only 2 cores, I'm making sense that Intel is a better choice.
    That is all besides the real point. The OP has stated he knows an intel for wow is better than AMD. Yet he bought the FX cpu, so that he could buy a 7970. For the other games he is playing and eyefinity. So his choice for the CPU was all based on the fact he could get a better GPU.