Poll: MoP favors..

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Does MoP favor you?

Good morning all

I was wondering how others feel about who is dominating PvP right now. This isn't a "who do you think is FotM?!" thread. I am asking you to tell me who you think is favored in this expansion. Cata was a "caster" expansion in the eyes of many.

I personally feel like MoP has forced people to change their PvP tactics to become more successful. I have seen 3v1 on a solid healer and it's a shit show. Do you guys think this will change anytime soon or do you feel like it's going in the right direction & nothing needs to change?

I currently play my warrior & rogue. I am not pleased with whats been done to my rogue, I haven't been enjoying him half as much as I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeyecycle View Post
    I currently play my warrior & rogue. I am not pleased with whats been done to my rogue, I haven't been enjoying him half as much as I used to.
    You are playing warrior...having fun globalling ppl with 300k crits ??

Quote Originally Posted by vpywow View Post
    I wish.. I am not one of those super geared warriors. That leads me to my next point.. Warriors are still pretty gear dependent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish.. I am not one of those super geared warriors. That leads me to my next point.. Warriors are still pretty gear dependent.
    It's WoW... who isn't gear dependent?

Quote Originally Posted by vpywow View Post
    You can only really global people with a 300k crit after about 7 other globals to build up your TfB to get that 300k crit.

Get outta here.

On topic, it's always seemed relatively balanced to me but I'm a casual who doesn't do a lick of PvP so don't take my word for it :P

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    It's WoW... who isn't gear dependent?
    Your splitting hairs! Ok ok, everyone needs gear.. Can we agree that warriors need to be superbly geared to kick out the crazy numbers that make people cry?

Your splitting hairs! Ok ok, everyone needs gear.. Can we agree that warriors need to be superbly geared to kick out the crazy numbers that make people cry?
    No, you just need your cooldowns. I'm sorry, I actually played with a just-dinged level 90 warrior and he still walked right over stuff as long as he had his cooldowns.

People focus too much on TfB. TfB just makes whoever faces the warrior just die 1 second faster.

I find it interesting nobody has voted melee yet. Anyway, I went for healing. There've been better healing seasons but compared to how I feel on either caster or melee, I just tend to feel "OP", I survive forever, you need some serious planning to take me down, and in general I can keep whatever I want up through most shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    No, you just need your cooldowns. I'm sorry, I actually played with a just-dinged level 90 warrior and he still walked right over stuff as long as he had his cooldowns.

People focus too much on TfB. TfB just makes whoever faces the warrior just die 1 second faster.

I find it interesting nobody has voted melee yet. Anyway, I went for healing. There've been better healing seasons but compared to how I feel on either caster or melee, I just tend to feel "OP", I survive forever, you need some serious planning to take me down, and in general I can keep whatever I want up through most shit.
    As a long time warrior, i can say, warriors are the most gear-dependent classes. AKA they scale the best. Warriors need a good weapon and good gear to ramp up to the spot they should be. You are too young to understand this, my warrior friend. You think you do damage now...

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I agree with you. CD's for warriors are super vital, ticking time bomb styles. Anyhow, I do like the new model of "you can't really solo a healer" unless your timing/cd's/stars all align. Heals should be difficult. It really is empowering to be healing and actually feel like you can't get globalized. Yea.. I said globalized. lol

Mage no gear dependent freez bomb combo is retarded regardless of your gear

Deleted
    Look at all you defending warriors AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, please. With all CDs chained warrior damage is ridiculous, even without TFB stacks. Anyway, It's all the same. This is one of worst seasons ever.

Shammy Pvp....not pleased its terrible. Ever since we lost bloodlust in arena our % literally cut in half and further on decreased day by day. I'm done with PvP and just going to play Ret PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by Friyn View Post
    Look at all you defending warriors AAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, please. With all CDs chained warrior damage is ridiculous, even without TFB stacks. Anyway, It's all the same. This is one of worst seasons ever.
    I can't help but notice that there is nobody defending warriors here. Have you actually read any of the posts? I can see you are obviously constantly owned by warriors.

My statement "You think you do damage now..." means, If you think warriors do a lot of damage now, wait until you are all sitting in more powerful gear, then you will really be bursting. This was towards a freshly dinged 90. If you see that as a defensive comment, i don't know what to tell you.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2012-11-26 at 04:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    I can't help but notice that there is nobody defending warriors here. Have you actually read any of the posts? I can see you are obviously constantly owned by warriors.

My statement "You think you do damage now..." means, If you think warriors do a lot of damage now, wait until you are all sitting in more powerful gear, then you will really be bursting. This was towards a freshly dinged 90. If you see that as a defensive comment, i don't know what to tell you.

Yeah, ask yourself this.

If people can do that with good gear already what it will be like a few more seasons in?

I think MoP (thus far) favours all specs that are able to burst. Those are demo locks, frost mages, warriors and to some extent BM hunters. Just pop your CDs and /faceroll, your target should be dead within seconds.

I play a warlock myself and I absolutely disgust the state of demo right now. It's our only truly viable spec since we gotta burst to counter opposing teams burst. WoW PvP (arenas) has become a fight of whoever bursts first wins. In earlier expansions burst did exist, but you had to be more precise and truly coordinate to execute a kill. That promoted skillful teamplay, what goes on right now is only pure CD management. Popping your CDs and mashing is not skillful at all.

Frost mage, demo lock, shadow priest and hunter as casters vs warriors as melee vs healers.

Yeah, i'd say casters.

Quote Originally Posted by Briga View Post
    Yeah, ask yourself this.

If people can do that with good gear already what it will be like a few more seasons in?
    Maybe you didn't read my post...lol or you just don't understand that you are saying the same thing as me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Maybe you didn't read my post...lol or you just don't understand that you are saying the same thing as me.
    Indeed, I guess we are. it really is a scary thought what will happens when warriors load up on newer better weapons more stats and more pvp power.

I think more nerfs will be incoming for them to prevent this, then frost mages will be back on top.

Tbh i cant really tell, other than if you think CM, then its ele shaman or 2x range 1 melee,(or 3 range) because almost every boss in the game have some kind of AoE melee, as in whirlwind, boss flyes away, runs away etcetc and melee cant attack the boss, while the range can just stand there and still attack the boss. So from my point of view----> Casters, i play Holy/ret pala pve, rogue pvp (so i suppose 2 melee classes) So might be that im blind to caster problems around CM. As to PvP, its like always. And Raids, doesnt really matter what class you bring
    “The worst thing I can be is the same as everybody else. I hate that.”

Quote Originally Posted by Shoryuken View Post
    Shammy Pvp....not pleased its terrible. Ever since we lost bloodlust in arena our % literally cut in half and further on decreased day by day. I'm done with PvP and just going to play Ret PvE.
    Umm, Resto is still a shaman spec ?