Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
LastLast
  1. #121
    I am Murloc! Grading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Senkai
    Posts
    5,327
    You can probably ignore mine. Just to make the job a little easier.

  2. #122
    Nope, haven't forgotten. Don't feel pressured though I'm currently not playing ranked and since my ELO hell seems to have started in random matches even before going into ranked, I decided to go for maximum training time. Maximum being a variable.

    Don't get me wrong, I still think I'm not to blame for 90% of the matches, but you always have to consider that playing better means you might be able to compensate. So I'm basically looking for "that edge".

    I'm lvl 30 now though. Tried playing Nami with a friend of mine who adores Vayne. Turns out, I just can't. I can't do killlanes with a Vayne, contrary to an Ezreal (or similar) . At all. So instead, I decided to start playing creep denial with him and his creep scores have gone up to over roughly 350 in a ~30 to 40min game, which often clearly shows in the results of our opponents. I've been using Nidalee, Lux and will probably try Sona. He's currently like..level 27ish. Can't wait for him to get to level 30 to really get practice down. Been sick a whole week now, so I didn't play LoL for that period.

  3. #123
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    Nope, haven't forgotten. Don't feel pressured though I'm currently not playing ranked and since my ELO hell seems to have started in random matches even before going into ranked, I decided to go for maximum training time. Maximum being a variable.

    Don't get me wrong, I still think I'm not to blame for 90% of the matches, but you always have to consider that playing better means you might be able to compensate. So I'm basically looking for "that edge".

    I'm lvl 30 now though. Tried playing Nami with a friend of mine who adores Vayne. Turns out, I just can't. I can't do killlanes with a Vayne, contrary to an Ezreal (or similar) . At all. So instead, I decided to start playing creep denial with him and his creep scores have gone up to over roughly 350 in a ~30 to 40min game, which often clearly shows in the results of our opponents. I've been using Nidalee, Lux and will probably try Sona. He's currently like..level 27ish. Can't wait for him to get to level 30 to really get practice down. Been sick a whole week now, so I didn't play LoL for that period.
    well, if you're training as hard as you can, then it would be beneficial if someone was to look over your replays and see how you were doing.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Isrozzis View Post
    well, if you're training as hard as you can, then it would be beneficial if someone was to look over your replays and see how you were doing.
    Absolutely true :P

    I don't want to overload either of you, so these are two recent matches. One loss, two wins.
    http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/1188872

    A match together with a Draven, as Sona. I made a few basic mistakes. Tear is probably a bad pick, but it's my second ever match with Sona and I wanted to see how fast I could charge it. I'll probably get a Phil Stone next time, or chalice.

    We were playing 4v5 for a majority of the game, but my Draven was a pretty good so in the end he QUADRA'd them and we surprised them at Baron. We could/should have taken Dragon at the start a few times. Which I should have warded, same for Baron, but I'm struggling with the limit on the Sightstones in combination with item limits.Luckily Draven knew how to play and warded Baron when he did.


    http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/1188909
    http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/1188926

    Two matches as Lux, playing denial for that friend Vayne. Also with Tear ( cuzz I love it), but probably not very viable in the end. It's pretty good on Nidalee if you go cougar form and W a few times. Free mana, but I guess mostly viable on AP carries. I was still playing with half/half builds in mind, but I think I'll stop building Tear on my supports.

    Oh and when I said 350 over 30 to 40 min, I think I should have said 40 to 50 min :P

    And now back to bed, being sick /yay
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-01-07 at 08:00 AM.

  5. #125
    Haven't got the time to watch the video at the moment as I'm about to get ready for work, but:

    I'm not sure what you started with, but I personally start Flask + 4 Wards. As a support, especially Sona, the flask is invaluable due to her squishyness. Those along with the Cookie and Explorer masteries allow you to stay in lane a lot longer at the beginning, allowing for greater gold income through poke and possible kills. Use your wards sparingly and learn to time them exactly. For example, at 3 mins I'd drop my Sight Ward below Dragon pit and maybe explorer ward a bush if you're not feeling safe. 6 mins ward tribush and in front of dragon, leaving you 1 spare ward for either aggresive or defensive placement, or just to keep hold of. Once these have expired or you've been forced back/died, you should have enough gold for your philos and 2 more wards. After this, grab sightstone+boots (if you have enough, otherwise just sightstone) then build whatever your team needs. I personally don't build Shurelyas very early on Sona despite many people and guides telling me to.

    End build usually finishes something along the lines of Boots of your choice>Ruby Sightstone>Aegis/Bulwark>Mikael's>Locket of the Iron Solari>Shurelyas/other utility item.

    ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Haven't got the time to watch the video at the moment as I'm about to get ready for work, but:

    I'm not sure what you started with, but I personally start Flask + 4 Wards. As a support, especially Sona, the flask is invaluable due to her squishyness. Those along with the Cookie and Explorer masteries allow you to stay in lane a lot longer at the beginning, allowing for greater gold income through poke and possible kills. Use your wards sparingly and learn to time them exactly. For example, at 3 mins I'd drop my Sight Ward below Dragon pit and maybe explorer ward a bush if you're not feeling safe. 6 mins ward tribush and in front of dragon, leaving you 1 spare ward for either aggresive or defensive placement, or just to keep hold of. Once these have expired or you've been forced back/died, you should have enough gold for your philos and 2 more wards. After this, grab sightstone+boots (if you have enough, otherwise just sightstone) then build whatever your team needs. I personally don't build Shurelyas very early on Sona despite many people and guides telling me to.

    End build usually finishes something along the lines of Boots of your choice>Ruby Sightstone>Aegis/Bulwark>Mikael's>Locket of the Iron Solari>Shurelyas/other utility item.
    I often start with Flask + 2 wards + pink ward. I figured it would be better to get used to starting with a pink ward in the mix. I normally follow this up with a Sightstone+2 wards, or in this case I think Tear +2 wards, so I wait until 850G before returning. They didn't really place any wards at all on that specific match, so pink was a waste, but you can't see that coming.

    In this game I picked up Aegis + Shur + Captain on my boots.

    While I welcome any hints and tips about item builds, I consider them of second grade value. Items can be swapped around and often depend on team comps. More important, are comments about "how I play the game". Like when I should have done something a little different and why.
    Last edited by Vespian; 2013-01-07 at 02:26 PM.

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I often start with Flask + 2 wards + pink ward. I figured it would be better to get used to starting with a pink ward in the mix. I normally follow this up with a Sightstone+2 wards, or in this case I think Tear +2 wards, so I wait until 850G before returning. They didn't really place any wards at all on that specific match, so pink was a waste, but you can't see that coming.

    In this game I picked up Aegis + Shur + Captain on my boots.

    While I welcome any hints and tips about item builds, I consider them of second grade value. Items can be swapped around and often depend on team comps. More important, are comments about "how I play the game". Like when I should have done something a little different and why.
    The item build info was just thrown in, it's not something I suggest everyone takes, just personal preference. :P Flask+2+1 is fine too, but I normally wouldn't bother with a pink straight off unless they have a stealthy jungler like Shaco or Evelynn, or if you think your jungler will have a really have presence at bot and you don't want the enemy to have really heavy vision of the area. As I said I didn't have the chance to watch the video earlier but I'll give it a watch now that I have the time and offer any help I can.

    ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I often start with Flask + 2 wards + pink ward. I figured it would be better to get used to starting with a pink ward in the mix. I normally follow this up with a Sightstone+2 wards, or in this case I think Tear +2 wards

    While I welcome any hints and tips about item builds, I consider them of second grade value. Items can be swapped around and often depend on team comps. More important, are comments about "how I play the game". Like when I should have done something a little different and why.
    Why do you value TotG so highly? Instead, I would aim to grab a Philo Stone + Kage's pick.

    Get your sightstone, aegis, upgrade sightstone (with the dual GP/10 items + GP 10 quints, you get here pretty quick, regardless of assist money), then make Shurelyas + Twin Shadows. Reverie and TS give you fantastic engage / disengage power when combined w/ Sona's ultimate. Regardless of team comp, my items on Sona on any 35+ minute game look like this (edit - in fact, I'm pretty much making this with just about every support...except I may forgo Kage's w/ Leona):

    Boots 1
    Ruby Sightstone
    Aegis
    Shurelyas
    Twin Shadows

    From there, simply upgrade to appropriate boots, grab a Locket, and the very last thing to upgrade would be the Aegis unless you're facing a heavy/fed AP team.

    What will a Tear do for you? (Don't take it personally...I'm not trying to pick you apart, but rather illustrate how much more advantageous other item builds may be...don't overlook GP/10).

    edit: early pink ward(s) are fine, but make damn sure you're going to kill their ward AND get jungle and/or mid ganks that result in a lane advantage. If you don't get pressure from pink ward usage, you've wasted your money.
    Last edited by Toxigen; 2013-01-08 at 02:08 PM.

    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Toxigen View Post
    Why do you value TotG so highly? Instead, I would aim to grab a Philo Stone + Kage's pick.
    That's what I said. I probably won't build it on supports any more.

    Pink wards are for that very reason, so yes

  10. #130
    Still don't know the lingo. I usually start by playing around in mid or top and then I tend to move around much more frequently later on. If you need more Ill play some more games tomorrow and hopefully Ill get one or two where i seem to be doing bad. That one I did good and actually turret dived for a kill. However, that is usually the number of kills I get with more assists. I don't seem to die too much but more then i care to.

    Heres two on the Lolreplay site.

    http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2679258/
    http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2676159/
    Dranku
    Ahri
    Mid / roaming around
    Top one is 34mins bottom is 23mins
    Reply here if you can.

  11. #131
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,401
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/83fkrgzp0l...-%20Olaf.lrf?m

    Dokilar
    Olaf-jungle
    length is like 37 mins
    you can reply here or pm doesnt matter

    i was going to watch it myself but things that i already know i messed up on was a bunch of axe throws. i recently started using the smart cast thing where it just casts the spell in the direction of my mouse cursor and im still kind of getting used to it. i actually think its probably not best to use it on some champions and olaf is maybe one of them. i really like using it on zed but im having a hard time with it when using olaf's axes'.

    i also think i probably bought the wrong boots. im thinkin i probably should have went with the ninja tabai since a good portion of their team was ad, but i thought that the extra movement speed would probably be better in the long run as i wasnt focused a whole lot in team fights. theres probably a few times i used smite on some creeps when i probably shouldnt have and a few times when i used it too early too late. thanks in advance!

    edit : https://www.dropbox.com/s/r2d8z53yke...0Hecarim.lrf?m

    Dokilar
    Hecarim - jungle
    game length - about 47 mins
    dont matter where you reply

    this game was a monumental disaster from basically the beginning lol. our leona was either having connection issues or something as we fought the match 4v5 for probably 75% of the match. this is the first time ive ever jungled with hecarim and ive only played him once in a bot game when i first bought him. this was a normal match as i didnt want to play him in a ranked without some more experience. ultimately i really had no idea what i was doing. we actually made the game interesting despite being a person down and even aced them once or twice i think. i believe we actually could have won the game if it werent for sloppy play on everyones part. im sure my play was pretty bad but overall i really like hecarim.

    edit 3 : go ahead and reply to me in a tell if you dont mind, that way i know when youve responded since ill get an email saying i got a pm
    Last edited by dokilar; 2013-01-13 at 08:00 PM.

  12. #132
    Your videos, for some reason, are saved as txt files Dokilar. It won't let me convert 'em either. :P

    ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

  13. #133
    Pit Lord
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    all over the world
    Posts
    2,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    Your videos, for some reason, are saved as txt files Dokilar. It won't let me convert 'em either. :P
    oh? hmm i wonder why that is. ill check into it, thank you

  14. #134
    Legendary! Tizzlefix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Fayetteville, NC
    Posts
    6,961
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/z9y9acvivl...%20%284%29.lrf
    Tizzlefix EUNE
    Blitzcrank Support
    40 mins
    Anything I need to improve on?

  15. #135
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,675
    Replay URL: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2709906/
    Summoner Name: Skyé - EUW
    Champion Played: Olaf
    Role (Support/Jungle etc): Top lane
    Length of game roughly: 41 mins
    Whether you want me to reply here, or PM: Either

    Would like feedback on everything. (Still learning like everyone else). This has probably been my best ranked game as far even though it's only my 6th game. In previous games I had no jungle presence at all and theirs was pretty much camping their top lane and forced me to hug turret. I know some of my mistakes like my last hitting sucked and I wasted teleport twice by accident/carelessness) but would like feedback on other things also much love.

    Thanks for any help given )!
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  16. #136
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Replay URL: http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/2709906/
    Summoner Name: Skyé - EUW
    Champion Played: Olaf
    Role (Support/Jungle etc): Top lane
    Length of game roughly: 41 mins
    Whether you want me to reply here, or PM: Either

    Would like feedback on everything. (Still learning like everyone else). This has probably been my best ranked game as far even though it's only my 6th game. In previous games I had no jungle presence at all and theirs was pretty much camping their top lane and forced me to hug turret. I know some of my mistakes like my last hitting sucked and I wasted teleport twice by accident/carelessness) but would like feedback on other things also much love.

    Thanks for any help given )!
    The main thing that game was your last hitting. You missed a lot. At the end of the game when you compare your cs to singed's, he was at double yours or so. A bit over 100 in a 40 minute game is a pretty bad amount. I'm being blunt here, bear with me. Had you not had jungle presence top and gotten kills in team fights, say the game was more even, there would have been no way you could have stopped singed's split push.

    You were rather afraid of the singed too. Until singed starts to get items he doesn't have much lane presence. So you should have taken it upon yourself to bully him. A really basic combo for harassing is Undertow, auto, reckless swing then walk away like a boss. If they get low enough that you can pick up your ax kill them with another combo or so, do so, but usually you just want to do the combo then walk away. You want to max reckless swings first unless you are just getting completely zoned (aka against teemo or something similar) in which case you want to max undertow so you can farm without getting wittled down. Alternatively you can just max reckless swings and try to kill them.

    So you know you messed up your last hitting and had some silly teleports, those are things you can fix with practice. In team fights you want to ult and run at the most important target. Or if that means certain death you want to peel you carry, but most of the time you end up peeling for your carry by going for theirs forcing them to try to peel you, but you can't peel and ulted olaf until it wears off. They had a kog'maw in that game. While your bot lane did well, kog'maws should never be left alive, so you would have wanted to ult in and just wreck his face rather than going for morgana.

    Your ending build was right, but I wouldn't have gotten the teir two boots so fast. I would have gotten boots 1 and the giants belt and maybe a bit of mr. Then gone for the kindlegem then lucidity boots then finished your build. You want to get in people's faces so early health helps a lot. The boots give you MS and 15% cdr. They are both good stats, but they don't help you stay in lane like health/mr does.

    Hope this helps. I'm no pro at olaf, but that's what I noticed.

  17. #137
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,675
    Thanks very much yeah I hesitated a bit at first because I've played singed only like twice (in low normals) and I wrecked when I was him and I'd never faced him so I didn't know how strong he was then after a while I realized he's pretty easy at low levels I guess getting to know champions comes with time. Also yeah jungler was awesome. In team fights I panic a bit since I'm used to being pewpew'd down and try and kill something before I die, I guess those nerves will go over time ^^.

    I'll keep that in mind about picking up some early MR. Thanks very much for the feed-back PS On my second kill where I chase singed with shen then xin comes along, should of I handled that better? Ran and tried to survive the turret or was I better standing their and letting him smash me in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  18. #138
    Moderator Isrozzis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    The land of too much heat
    Posts
    3,210
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythari View Post
    Thanks very much yeah I hesitated a bit at first because I've played singed only like twice (in low normals) and I wrecked when I was him and I'd never faced him so I didn't know how strong he was then after a while I realized he's pretty easy at low levels I guess getting to know champions comes with time. Also yeah jungler was awesome. In team fights I panic a bit since I'm used to being pewpew'd down and try and kill something before I die, I guess those nerves will go over time ^^.

    I'll keep that in mind about picking up some early MR. Thanks very much for the feed-back PS On my second kill where I chase singed with shen then xin comes along, should of I handled that better? Ran and tried to survive the turret or was I better standing their and letting him smash me in the face.
    You missed your axe that you threw at xin, or you would have lived. Just practice with olaf really.

    Though what I meant to say too was that you should do some customs and practice csing. A neat thing you can do with olaf is throw his axe through a minion wave then just run behind it and pick your ax up again and throw it. Kills the casters for sure, and I think melee ones too once you have enough points in undertow. It's useful if you want to push a wave or clear quickly.

  19. #139
    Epic! -Skye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Liverpool, UK.
    Posts
    1,675
    Okay so bottom line is more practice. Thanks very much, I really appreciate you taking your time out to help me. Let me know if I can ever return the favor someday ^^.
    SPECIAL SYTHARI IOU.

    Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Nah, I disagree with your elitist mentality.
    Tier gear should be available during the leveling process. I don't want to have to mingle with these eltitist jerks in LFR to get gear as it is. I pay a sub fee, I shouldn't have to do LFR to get raid gear, much less Flex or Normal.

  20. #140
    Heya, In this game I felt like even though we won I played really badly. (annie jungle op)

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/moch6fn4u5...%20Karthus.lrf
    I'm Paisi (looks like Palsi atleast)
    I'm playing Karthus in mid, ap carry and the game was 45 mins
    It would be nice if you replied here

    Thanks heaps

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •