Thread: Karazhan

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    Better yet, block all 3 beams.
    ^ This. If you pull him to the back of the room, you can stand in all three beams at once. As for the Chess Event, there are a few video's on how to do this solo. Basically, you move two grunts on the front left and front right side out, then move both wolves up and just control the warchief after that and spam cleave and bloodlust.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurenys View Post
    No one can solo the beam boss, otherwise why not?
    wait what what?
    netherspite is pis =P
    just pop your burst and he dies before he even starts 1 beam.. atleast thats what he does for my hunter

Its all soloable as everyone has already stated. Should take you next to no time to do. I've been soloing it since Wrath on a warlock and DK. Chess is the biggest pain if Medivh cheats a bunch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I soloed that boss as blood dk at lvl 85. My dps was like 15k or something and managed to outdps the beams.

Kara is one of the easiest places to solo. I was soloing it as an ele shaman and a hunter at 85. The only part that gave me trouble was chess, but it is possible. You really shouldn't have to worry about any of the other mechanics as the bosses die in seconds. Netherspite, you should be able to kill before the beams come out at 90 but on the off chance you don't, just stand in the green one and he should be dead soon enough. Avoid the dark circles too, but I really don't think it will take you long enough to see those mechanics. I'm planning on running it on another alt once I get them high enough for some transmog items. Good luck on getting yours

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Reaper View Post
    Better yet, block all 3 beams.
    Exactly, just did that last night. Just gotta fight a sweetspot where u get all 3 beams.

i soloed it at level 85... on a warrior, not a rogue. but still, it was very easy.

assuming they fixed chess. that's the only one you have a chance at failing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rayr1fe View Post
    ^This. In fact, every boss is soloable and has been since level 80. When I did it at level 80, the hardest part was Chess event, and it still is.
    Exactly. Chess is ridiculous hard to solo due to RNG. It all comes down to how often Medivh cheats and when he does, who he puts the super-buff beam on and who he burns. :-P Your likelihood of success goes up exponentially with each additional player due to being able to "move 'n' more pieces at once".

everything is soloable in Kara.. Chess is tricky, but nowhere near hard.. It was hard when Blizz broke it before MoP xD Now just few tries, and it goes down. Netherspite (or however he's called) can eaisly be zerged before he even casts his beams..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Lolwat??? I soloed as a mage tyvm...

Yes Kara is stupud easy to solo nowadays, although GLHF at the chess event... Have yet to figure that one out

i had to checkt the date of the thread multiple times because i just thought wtf?
    netherspite hast 900k hp. vale daily quest mobs habe 600k hp. are you ppl kidding me?

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Lolwat??? I soloed as a mage tyvm...

Yes Kara is stupud easy to solo nowadays, although GLHF at the chess event... Have yet to figure that one out
    The Demon guys on the end (Rooks) are your bff's.. Move the pawn out of the way and move them diagonal about 3 squares into the middle and aoe away.. If Queen is still alive do what you can with it and then cleave away with your king..

You do have to move the pawn from in front of the king first so you can move the king when the guy cheats..

I just move the pawn directly in front of the King, then the pawn in front and to the right of the King, then move the Knight to the spot where the pawn was in front of the King and hop back in the King and spam bloodlust/heroism until the other side's King comes to me, at which point I cleave the shit out of him while the Knight attacks him. If Medivh cheats and lays fire on the King, you have the open spot diagonal to the right to slide into, where you can keep cleaving the shit out of the other King. Haven't lost yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hardest to solo for me is chess event, but I've gotten better at it. First time took me like 5+ tries, now I can do it in about 2.
    Last edited by Agoonga; 2012-11-27 at 05:51 AM.

You can solo every boss as a lvl 90 class. End of.

Chess is tricky. The best advice I can give for it is make sure your King and Queen have a square to move to at all times. As soon as the fire happens get them out. From my experience soloing it one of the fires was guaranteed to land on the piece I was controlling.

Nah, the entire place is solable. Really the only tough boss is the chess event and even then it's more luck than anything if I remember. Then again I haven't done it in years, so.

I solo'd the entire thing today on my affliction lock, Chess is the only thing that gave me trouble, but with the right strat it's doable. Everything else literally dies in seconds.

don't get why people are saying chess is tricky.. there's basically nothing to it, after moving 2 pawns from the king, so he can move during the fire. after that, just move every pawn 1 step forward and go back to the king, and it's an instant win

Also, lol at the guy who said netherspite weren't soloable ;P

You realize that soloing that boss is easy right? just find the point where all 3 beams converge and stand there and you've got it. There are videos on youtube.

---------- Post added 2012-11-27 at 11:32 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by reflection View Post
    didn't they make all boss soloable which were not because of some specific mechanic (or at least with 5.1)? So this boss should also be doable.
    Not all, just select ones like razorgore, viscidus and some other boss that prevented soloing by mechanics.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno